best clay bar - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on best clay bar within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Damon V +1 for Zaino! Zaino FTW! Although I've had the whole kit for eight years now ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon V View Post
    +1 for Zaino!

Zaino FTW! Although I've had the whole kit for eight years now and I've only used it twice.. my paint looks like isht, lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just clayed my car and then applied a layer of wax. I used the Meguiars clay bar and it worked great. I think clay matters about 10 % and 90% person taking their time to detail the car.

Now that i waxed it what do i do? There seems to be debri on the car already, its gritty after just one week.... sigh... is this normal?

I Support ClubWRX
    On Tuesday I gave my car a deep clean, and I used the Turtle Wax Ice Clay Kit.
    The Kit contains ICE Liquid Clay, Clay Bar Lubricant and a 100g Clay Bar.
    That kit is wonderful. My car is still pretty clean even though it rained like cats and dogs on Wednesday.

I still can't believe all the hidden dirt that was on the car that the Clay Bar was able to get off.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

i have used mothers claybars kit for 3 years. and Ive tried griot's garage clay bar once last spring. they both seemed to work pretty well.
    168mph makes me giggle!!

I've tried different clay, but the biggest difference I've found is the lubricant. I really like using the Meguires detailing spray with any brand of clay. That and keeping even pressure work like a charm.

I still have my clay magic clay bar. after 2 uses (1 year time period). I did change the detailing spray to meguiars. Worked out alright.

As for polish, I think the general idea is to clay bar before polish as polish doesn't remove or lift certain things. At least that's what I'm led to believe.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Adam's clay bar works for me, i used mequire's also, adams was better. i use adams products exclusively for 5 yrs. now with great results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12