Overspray
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Overspray within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok long long story short.. car was sent out to a body shop not of my choice to fix some ...

Overspray

Ok long long story short.. car was sent out to a body shop not of my choice to fix some scratches incurred by andrewtech. Well worst mistake ever...the body shop they used was a total hack not to mention they lost my keys and fob( punk employee prob kept them to strip my car at a later date) well anyway the scratches they fixed on the inside rear door jam, but left me with numerous other treats in the process. The biggest being a few dings and a deep chip and scrath on my back bumper while in there possession.. worst of the damage is overspray on the drivers side front and rear doors. Andrewtech is ignoring me now and the body shop won't fix it... is there any way to get overspray off of the clear coat to get back to the original texture and luster my paint had before this nightmare.

Can overspray be buffed or rubbed out at a compitent body shop?

If anyone knows any trick let me know as I am done going through Andrewtech for good! Worst customer service ever!

Please help asap!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure about getting the overspray out but i would definitly write a complaint about both places to the BBB. How do you lose someones keys???
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

If it's not on fresh paint you can wipe off overspray with a soft cloth and lacquer thinner. Or you can use a clay bar. You could also wet sand with a really fine grit and buff it. Just be careful whatever way you do it.

yeah the overspray is on cured paint.so I 'll see what can be done.. I will definetly be writing complaints about both to the BBB. I feel bad that it has to go that far especielly from such a respected shop such as Andrewtech...thanks for the tip..anymore ideas would be great.
    Last edited by 06wrxdude; 08-30-2008 at 04:56 PM.

2 words: CLAY BAR.... Here's a short story for you. My first run in with overspray happened on my old car, an '02 altima. To make a long story short; the car spent about 2 weeks in the shop, a week just sitting there waiting for a part. Needless to say, I had A LOT of overspray, but I didn't catch on until later. In fact I didnt know what oversrpay was before this. The car's paint and glass felt as if they were covered in fine sand that wouldn't wash off...A simple clay bar took it ALL out, the car was like new after...I was shocked at the difference the clay made. Moral of this story, try the clay bar. Just be sure you do it right.

Claybar here, too. I had heard about it for a couple years, but always thought it was snake oil. Turns out, I was wrong, they worked for me.

+1 try claybar...
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

What about small claims court, then clay bar? Places that have nothing to hide deal with the customer, those that do hope that they'll just go away.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

Quote Originally Posted by wrcfan View Post
    what about small claims court, then clay bar? Places that have nothing to hide deal with the customer, those that do hope that they'll just go away.
    ^^^^^+1

I have yet to have this issue resolved...total lack of professionalism...
    The car is currently sitting awaiting other goodies. Its just so upsettings the way a lot of shops today are handling business very poorly.This problem should have been corrected ASAP, no questions.

Lets see..deep scratch in rear bumper down to the black plastic,nice deep ding on passenger rear quarter, very poorly repainted the inside rear drivers side door jamb to fix the scratches incurred by the other shop(orange peel,not wet sanded,rough,unnacceptable), left the car an absolute mess even though it was supposed to be clean and ready for pick up, my key fob and chiped key mysteriously disappeared, and then come to find that as you rub your hand down the drivers side of my car it feels like sand paper...absolutely disgusting!

I do everything I can to work with shops and be polite and respectful as to not have any bad blood between me and the shops who work on my car yet I still get treated like garbage and my car gets treated even worse. I'm guesse its just the orld we live in today..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.