Flippen birds
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Flippen birds within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Discovered bird droppings on my spoiler this morning. It was only there overnight, but it ate thru the clearcoat. God ...

Flippen birds

Discovered bird droppings on my spoiler this morning. It was only there overnight, but it ate thru the clearcoat. God knows what that bird was eating!

Any suggestions on how to repair it? I tried polish and a buffer, but it was only partially effective.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i have the PERFECT solution....

go wingless

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I carry a little bottle of quick detailer and a mf towel in the car. If I'm parked in the open for a while check the car for things like that before leaving to clean off anything before it has chance to bake on and or ruin the clear coat.

Anyway +1 for wingless.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

wingless FTL
    try rubbing compound and some paint cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i have the PERFECT solution....

go wingless
    or I could go STI wing!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    or I could go STI wing!

No!! WINGLESSSS FTMFW!!!
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

A picture would help. Can you feel where it etched the paint or is it just visible? If you can feel it, it's probably permanent (unless you can find someone skilled at wet sanding) which sounds a lot worse than it really is. If not, you need a good semi abrasive paint cleaner and some kind of buffer like a Porter Cable DA polisher. This will work much better than by hand. If you don't already have one, I'd invest in one as it makes your detailing much easier for everything.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

I Support ClubWRX
    Solution: BB gun

/thread
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan View Post
    A picture would help. Can you feel where it etched the paint or is it just visible? If you can feel it, it's probably permanent (unless you can find someone skilled at wet sanding) which sounds a lot worse than it really is. If not, you need a good semi abrasive paint cleaner and some kind of buffer like a Porter Cable DA polisher. This will work much better than by hand. If you don't already have one, I'd invest in one as it makes your detailing much easier for everything.
    It's just visible, you can't feel it when you run your fingers over it. I have a Porter and tried a couple scratch/swirl remover products, but no success. I think I need a dedicated clearcoat polish.

Yeah, the Porter works great. I can do the whole car in a coat of Zaino in a short time.

Theres only a few things that would work that you can get OTC. Some car parts places sell a small bottle of 3M paint cleaner, and some have Mequiars Fine Cut Cleaner #2 which should work if worked long enough on the paint. Then just follow those up with a polish and you shoould be all set. If not, use a more abrasive cleaner or pad and try again. I swear by Poorboys products. Their SSR 2.5 with a polishing (not finishing) pad would fix that straight away, and you probably wouoldn't even need to follow it up with anything else.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.