I hate window streaks!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hate window streaks!!! within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i use windex and after i clean them i use some bounty and buff it and go over it over ...

i use windex and after i clean them i use some bounty and buff it and go over it over and over so i dont see those lines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by my name is joe View Post
    i be using dem bounty's.
    The quicker picker upper?

I've started using a new trick for windows. If it's really dirty first, use windex. Then Griots speed shine quick detailer and a microfiber cloth. The wipe it again with a paper towel to remove any fuzz/lint.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

If it hot outside turn your A/C on and put it on the defrost and let it cool the window down and then use plain water on a cloth and wipe clean. If its cold just turn the heat on and do the same thing.I've been detailing cars for 7 years now. My dad has been doing for 24 years now so he knows what he's doing.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

yes the quicker picker upper. you will make it worse if you wipe it when theres dew on it. you migh as well turn the fan on ac towards the window

I Support ClubWRX
    Paper towels have additives in them to make them quicker picker uppers. This will contribute to streaking. I have a few old 100% cotton dishtowels for window duty.

Stoners Invisible Glass > all.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    Anyone else wax your windows? It's an interesting idea!
    I do. I have used various quick detailers and liquid ice. You really should not do it to the windshield - with many products you can get incredible glare at night with light precipitation.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Worked at a Toyota Dealership for 3yrs and we used some random glass cleaner that foamed on contact, worked amazing!!! can't remember what i used to whip with though.....but we NEVER had problems with streaking

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Stoner's Invisible Glass and 100% cotton terry towels work well for me.
    I'm gonna have to try this; the website sounded promising.

I can never get my windows streak free, and it irritates the hell out of me. I dont have a dew problem though so it's just bad cleaning technique on my part.

A wet cloth and dry microfiber works perfect. Wet the window and wipe clean with the microfiber. if its hot out turn the A/C on and the defrost to cool the window down and should come out perfect. That what i do on my customers cars and my car.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Don't use ANY kind of cloth... it doesn't matter how new or how clean it is... it always leaves a residue.

Use plain old newspaper, and windex. You use more, but newspaper is cheap, and it leaves Zero residue.

Also.... do it in the shade, while the car is cool.

The sun INSTANTLY dries small particles of whatever you spray on it before you even get the chance to dry it.

If you don't have a cool garage..... do it at night.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Don't use ANY kind of cloth... it doesn't matter how new or how clean it is... it always leaves a residue.

Use plain old newspaper, and windex. You use more, but newspaper is cheap, and it leaves Zero residue.

Also.... do it in the shade, while the car is cool.

The sun INSTANTLY dries small particles of whatever you spray on it before you even get the chance to dry it.

If you don't have a cool garage..... do it at night.
    Not true. I've been using microfibers for 6 years now on windows and have not any problems with streaks.

This is what I've been using forever and have never had any streaks...

Use windex and newspaper on glass only.

Works magic for me.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #0136
    OBP '07 WRX TR tuned by Racing Trenz
    239whp 330.7wtq Corn fed

I wouldn't recommend windex for interior glass especially if you have tint. The ammonia in windex and other glass cleaning supplies with ammonia deteriorate the adhesive on the tint. When I've used windex for the interior, I've always ended up with streaks urgg!!!

I've used one part baby shampoo and 9 parts water. Baby shampoo with microfiber towels works well for me. It's been like 2 years since I've last cleaned my interior glass.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo flat4 View Post
    It's been like 2 years since I've last cleaned my interior glass.
    Somebody doesn't smoke

I use Stoner's and newspaper. Best stuff on Earth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.