Chipped Hood Scoop!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Chipped Hood Scoop! within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all, I am new here and I just bought an 04 WRB WRX. It's a fantastic car and I ...

Chipped Hood Scoop!

Hello all,

I am new here and I just bought an 04 WRB WRX. It's a fantastic car and I love it. However, as I'm sure all of you know, the paint is horribly bad. I went for a good long drive over the weekend and at one point it was raining VERY hard, I'm not sure how this happened but when I got out of the car I noticed the paint on the hood scoop had chipped of at several places. When I say chipped I mean more like peeled off! One of the "peeled" spots is about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide (I'll try to take some pics later on). The paint came right off down to the grey primer coat, looks TERRIBLE!

ANYWAYS, can anyone suggest any touch up paint tips to make it look as seemless as possible? I have the Subaru touch up paint but I've never touched up an area this large. I don't want to get another scoop or get it professionally painted because I know it will eventually get chipped again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome.

Yes the paint is thin, yet you have seemed you already list your options in the post. I dont like touch up paint period unless its in a tiny spot that doesnt stick out. You can go on SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! and order a painted to order STi (larger) hoodscoop for a little over $200. Thats what I would personally do.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome to the club (and the wonderful world of Subaru paint)!

The peeling seems excessive even by Subaru standards. A re-spray or new pre painted scoop as suggested above would be your best way to go.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I had some touch up paint on it for a while, but it looked sooo bad. Luckily, I found someone in a local forum that just upgraded to an STi hoodscoop so I bought his stock one for cheap. Now I feel much better! hopefully this one holds up.

Name copier

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.