Review: Clay Magic

This is a discussion on Review: Clay Magic within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have used Meg’s and Mother’s clay - both good products that do what is advertised. Their detailing sprays are ...

I Support ClubWRX

Review: Clay Magic

I have used Meg’s and Mother’s clay - both good products that do what is advertised. Their detailing sprays are supplied as the clay lubricants – you need to use a lot to keep the surface slick. Gets damn messy at times.

Enter Clay Magic. Clay Magic Perfect Finish Kit First thing I notice is how small the bottle of spray is at only 12 ounces. So I am initially thinking how can I possibly get the job done. I know 12 ounces of the M sprays would not last very long. The 100g bar itself is the largest I have seen – you get your $’s worth there. The texture of the clay is different; thicker, stickier and more brittle (crumbly?) feeling. I believe it is a synthetic clay versus organic for the M’s.

In actual use much less of the spray is needed compared to the M products. It does not evaporate very fast, remaining on the surface far longer. There is a slight sudsy lather that appears keeping everything slick. The spray leftover after using the clay is more easily and completely removed – even on glass. This is a spray formulated with the bar in mind, unlike the M stuff which was developed as a detail spray first. It looks like I will get two complete uses out of the kit without needing more spray.

More effort is needed to get the bar to cut from the initial rough feeling to smooth. This might be the bar itself being a bit more aggressive than the M bars. A few bug and tar spots seemed to vanish more quickly than I am used to. As stated on the web page using half the bar at a time might be a good idea. There were a few areas I did just that as the whole chunk was too cumbersome. The stickier texture made the clay stick to my fingers very well – this made it much less likely to drop.

I will surely get this kit again as the superior spray alone makes it worthwhile.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    I use this kit as well when I claybar. Excellent stuff.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up

I just used this kit for a second time - it still worked great!

The bar might have gotten a little stickier over the past year - it is hard to accidentally drop. The clay starts to stick to the fingers the more it is used - not a big deal really.

I did a little over half the WRX - I think I will just barely get two full uses out of the spray. I'll finish the rest tomorrow.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics