two bucket method?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on two bucket method? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, im looking to give my car a good wash/wax today. i just the got the mothers powrball 4paint ...

two bucket method?

hey guys, im looking to give my car a good wash/wax today. i just the got the mothers powrball 4paint and i want to try this badboy out! but the question is, i have heard something about the 2 bucket wash method? how does this work? the only thing i can think of is that you would wring out the sponge/washpad in one bucket, then just use the other for the soap. im not exactly sure so does anyone use this method? thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Bingo. Not that complicated. The goal is to keep the bucket with the soap as clean as possible. When your done washing your car, the water in the soap bucket should be brown.

When I read your thread title I thought I was in for more of this.

I use the mr. clean auto dry for the soap. I don't use the filter or the ****ty mr. clean soap but being able to spray the soap on the car prevents dirty bucket syndrome.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

alright thanks for the help guys, i used the 2 bucket method today, seemed to work fine. i waxed with the mother powerball 4paint for the first time today. i wasnt impressed with the results, but its probably because this is my first time using it. the car came out very glazy. it might be because i only had 2 different microfiber towels to use while wiping off the wax. they seemed to get a little saturated with liquid wax.

I use the two bucket method everytime. You can also use a gritguard, that is another option and serves the same purpose- prevent swirls and micromarring.

I Support ClubWRX
    Two buckets here - one is for wheels and really low bits.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I have a Porter Cable Polisher and it works graet. Check it out.
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.