exhuast cleaning tips anyone?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on exhuast cleaning tips anyone? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i dont know if this is the right place to post, but does anyone have some exhaust cleaning/polishing tips? i ...

Exclamation exhuast cleaning tips anyone?

i dont know if this is the right place to post, but does anyone have some exhaust cleaning/polishing tips? i just got this killer deal on a greddy sp2 for 140 bucks. the only thing is it is very heavily tarnished, dirty, and discolored. i want to get that stainless shiny look again. i started by using some noxon polish.

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/p...9_front200.jpg

its definatly better, but this stuff doesnt seems to be enough. so any tips on what you guys use to clean your exhaust? chemicals, rags, sponge, scrubber of some sort? all opinions welcome.

thanks,

-nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mothers metal polish is great stuff for the polished bits (tip and can), probably work pretty good on the pipes too. not a whole lot beats two working arms and a scotch bite pad for cleaning up tarished metal though

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    +1 for Mother's Metal Polish.

Also try NevR Dull metal reconditioner. Made by Turtle Wax I think? I've used it on my exhaust many times and it looks brand new afterwards.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

awsome, thanks guys. i see the mothers metal polish is a pretty comoon iteam. but i cant seem to find the nverdull, does anyone have a link? i would like to pick this up if its the better product thanks

I use griots stainless steel cleaner (liquid based aerosol)
    and griots metal polish (paste-like polish).

It does a good job but I've never had huge amounts of grime to contend with.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Oops, my bad. NevrDull is made by Eagle One, not Turtle Wax.

Link.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    my ScoobySport muffler was six years old and looking shabby- I used Flitz metal polish and 0000 steel wool (and lots and lots of elbow grease)- I was amazed when I was done, six year old muffler looked almost new
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.