Winter cleaning

This is a discussion on Winter cleaning within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car has been absolutely filthy for the past month. I finally got to washing it Saturday. Im glad to ...

Winter cleaning

My car has been absolutely filthy for the past month. I finally got to washing it Saturday. Im glad to see my wax is working, because with a simple sponge wash it was looking sexy. What have other people in the New England are been doing to keep the car looking good in this weather
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car4.JPG   car5.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RDB81 View Post
    My car has been absolutely filthy for the past month. I finally got to washing it Saturday. Im glad to see my wax is working, because with a simple sponge wash it was looking sexy. What have other people in the New England are been doing to keep the car looking good in this weather
    Keeping it in the garage is helping

i take it to the hand spray wash weekly to clean the undercarriage
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Keeping it in the garage is helping

i take it to the hand spray wash weekly to clean the undercarriage
    I too like to give my undercarriage a bit of the How's-you're-father!

I keep mine clean by driving it really, really fast. At 150 the dirt literally flies right off it!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    So mad at myself because it's been a couple weeks since I washed the car and I didn't get the wax on before it got too cold. I'll at least have to clay bar it one of these days soon after a wash.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    So mad at myself because it's been a couple weeks since I washed the car and I didn't get the wax on before it got too cold. I'll at least have to clay bar it one of these days soon after a wash.
    i did like a triple coat of wax around holoween i hope it holds up till it warms up

i only get rain and snow when i am out, that helps, i noticed when it rained it was still beading up
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by RDB81 View Post
    Three letters.... ONR