Liquid Luster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Liquid Luster within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I saw this product on an infomercial late one night in the mid '80s (back then it was called Pete ...

Liquid Luster

I saw this product on an infomercial late one night in the mid '80s (back then it was called Pete Nathan's Liquid Luster). I used it on my corvette at the time and the shine was better than anything I had ever used. I just waxed up my STI with it on Saturday morning. My baby is satin pearl metallic and I must say that Liquid Luster does an outstanding job. Easy on, easy off. What do you guys think of this stuff?

Oyster

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

can u post a pic of what the bottle looks like ?

do u have any b4 n after pics ?

sorry ive never heard of that stuff
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I will try and post a picture tomorrow sometime. The stuff is pink, like Pepto Bismal. I'm no detail expert by any means, but back in the day I used every wax you can imagine with what I thought were less than stellar results. My corvette was white, and when I tried all the top name waxes back then there was alot of effort involved for lackluster results (no pun intended). Anyway, I'm still a big fan of this stuff as I used it the other day and am quite pleased.

Oyster

Quote Originally Posted by oyster View Post
    I will try and post a picture tomorrow sometime. The stuff is pink, like Pepto Bismal. I'm no detail expert by any means, but back in the day I used every wax you can imagine with what I thought were less than stellar results. My corvette was white, and when I tried all the top name waxes back then there was alot of effort involved for lackluster results (no pun intended). Anyway, I'm still a big fan of this stuff as I used it the other day and am quite pleased.

Oyster
    ok cool... ill try it
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Hey guys,

Here is a picture of the Liquid Luster bottle.

Oyster

DUB
    Is that the same bottle you have had since the mid '80s?

Hey funny man.....no it's not the same F'N bottle. But what would you know. Punk.

hey hey guys play nice

ive actully never seen that wax b4... do they sell it at all local auto parts stores ?
    and how much for bottle ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

DUB
    Hey funny man.....no it's not the same F'N bottle. But what would you know. Punk.
    Whoa, hey, relax. I guess I should have added a smiley or two to convey my sarcasm. Sorry.

It is sold here in Hawaii at Longs Drugs Store, in the automotive aisle for about $10.00 a bottle. Longs has a website, so maybe it is available on there as well.
    I haven't tried all the newer waxes that are available, so maybe I'm outdated. But for a do it yourself awesome shine, this is what I have been using for over 20 years.

Oyster

DUB
    It is sold here in Hawaii at Longs Drugs Store, in the automotive aisle for about $10.00 a bottle. Longs has a website, so maybe it is available on there as well.
    I haven't tried all the newer waxes that are available, so maybe I'm outdated. But for a do it yourself awesome shine, this is what I have been using for over 20 years.

Oyster
    I wasn't trying to imply that your were outdated.

I am actually interested in trying this stuff as well. Easy to use w/ great results; can't beat that. I found it here but the bottle doesn't look the same as yours.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey, tone it down - that was uncalled for.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes. Some short fuses at work, here.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I say this respectfully to all on this forum.........no short fuse here.... I was only trying to enlighten everybody on a product that I think is worth checking out. Re-read my original post and query and you will find that I was looking for input or experience from anybody that may have used this product besides myself. I am not a puppet for LL. But I won't be cracked wise by others just for the sake of it. I got better things to do with my time.

Here are some pictures of Soobie. I waxed the car a week ago tonight, needless to say it rained..

I don't care what wax you guys use. I was just trying to be helpful. But I'd bet my..... that this stuff will make you forget about all the other waxes. I'm not trying to step on the toes of Professional Detailers. They are in a league of their own. This is just something for the working man that is simple and effective.

Oyster

DUB
    But I won't be cracked wise by others just for the sake of it.
    Sorry, that is kind of my shtick.

P.S. Your car is very shiny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast