Quality car Cover for STI

This is a discussion on Quality car Cover for STI within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone make a top notch car cover SPECIFICALLY for the WRX STI? I just bought an '07 and I ...

Quality car Cover for STI

Does anyone make a top notch car cover SPECIFICALLY for the WRX STI? I just bought an '07 and I don't have a garage. I looked around on google but I could not find a cover JUST for my baby.
    Thanks in advance.

Oyster

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Vez
    I'd be interested in the answer, too.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    I'd be interested in the answer, too.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I ordered a custom cover from California Car Covers today for $230.00. The salesman assured me it is custom made, high qaulity, and will fit like a glove. I'll let you guys know if that is true when I get it in a week or two.

Oyster

Vez
    Is it an all-weather cover? When I move, I want a cover that's as close to having a garage over my baby just short of building one every night. Is that what you were going for, too?

Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

I would also check out California Car Covers. They're the only ones I've owned. Specifically, look into their superweave cover. Its pricey, but worth it imo. They do have covers specifically for an 07 sti too btw, just checked.

I received my California Car Cover for my STI the other day. True to their word, it fits like a glove. Seems to be of excellent quality as well. Just in the nick of time as we have been innundated with rain and high winds.

How do you clean car covers?

California Car Cover instructions say to wash in commercial washer (no agitator) using cold water.

Heres the deal about car covers. If you want to use one go ahead, just make sure your car is clean, no dust on it, no nothing, FRESHLY cleaned. If not that dirt or dust is just going to rub on your cars paint when you put that car cover on and is going to leave fine scratches all over it. Its like using a clean dry rag on a dusty car to take the dust off... its GOING to create fine scratches that will become worse and worse over time. I manage a detail shop and ive seen many cars where customers put car covers on while the car was a bit dirty or dusty thinking it was okay... so what happened... they brought it to us to get the scratches off that the covers created. If you are going to use a car cover just make sure the cover and the car are both clean. Take it easy.
    Snitches get stitches!

is it ok for me to put my cover on after its been detailed or would that damage the paint? i also checked out cal covers but i decided to get a cover at carscover.com instead...both companies provide quality covers.

I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

EmpireCovers-Review