Precision Tuning (merged thread) - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Precision Tuning (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Precision rocks, Rich was an immense help to me in my troublesome situation two years ago (see the link in ...

Precision rocks, Rich was an immense help to me in my troublesome situation two years ago (see the link in my signature) when an incompetent and dishonest "vendor" did a bunch of hack-work on my WRX. Rich performed the repairs FOR FREE.

I have been trying to get back there since the spring and haven't had a whole lot of luck. On one hand it took 5-6 calls and multiple emails, but Rich himself called me one night and we chatted for probably 30 minutes, talking through some issues I want him to handle. Now I just need to find the time....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Wagon View Post
    Precision rocks, Rich was an immense help to me in my troublesome situation two years ago (see the link in my signature) when an incompetent and dishonest "vendor" did a bunch of hack-work on my WRX. Rich performed the repairs FOR FREE.

I have been trying to get back there since the spring and haven't had a whole lot of luck. On one hand it took 5-6 calls and multiple emails, but Rich himself called me one night and we chatted for probably 30 minutes, talking through some issues I want him to handle. Now I just need to find the time....
    I remember when that was going on. Rich certainly goes out of his way to make sure all of his customers are happy. Some days I look for stuff I need to do just so I can go down there and have them work on it.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Thumbs up PT Rocks!!!

Just got my car back this past Saturday form PrecisionTuning. They installed all the mods you see in my sig and dyno tuned the whole setup, couldn't be happier with the results. I have basically 0 turbo lag and everything looks super clean!

Rich and the guys are extremely friendly, helpful, and don't hesitate to go out of their way to make you happy!

I WILL NEVER TAKE MY CAR ANYWHERE ELSE BUT TO PRECISIONTUNING!

Thanks PT
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    Invidia N1 TBE, TurboXS Uppipe, Deadbolt 16G, TurboXS TMIC, DeatschWerks 650cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, GP Intake Elbow, B&M Tran Cooler, Perrin Crank Pulley, Turbosmart Tee Boost Controller, Auto Meter Boost Gauge, Auto Meter Cluster Bezel Pod.
    Mildly Tuned to 235hp & 220tq
    by Precision Tuning

Mildly Tuned to 235hp & 220tq <- nice numbers for the 4EAT, do you think you could have made slightly more power or you wanted to play it safe?

I have an 08 4EAT and will be doing spt catback perrin uppipe, downpipes (front & rear), equal length headers, with turbo inle hose and drop in air filter. Lookin for similar numbers or maybe slightly higher for a daily driver.

Your thoughts or opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by 4eat_Newbie View Post
    Just got my car back this past Saturday form PrecisionTuning. They installed all the mods you see in my sig and dyno tuned the whole setup, couldn't be happier with the results. I have basically 0 turbo lag and everything looks super clean!

Rich and the guys are extremely friendly, helpful, and don't hesitate to go out of their way to make you happy!

I WILL NEVER TAKE MY CAR ANYWHERE ELSE BUT TO PRECISIONTUNING!

Thanks PT

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Mildly Tuned to 235hp & 220tq <- nice numbers for the 4EAT, do you think you could have made slightly more power or you wanted to play it safe?

I have an 08 4EAT and will be doing spt catback perrin uppipe, downpipes (front & rear), equal length headers, with turbo inle hose and drop in air filter. Lookin for similar numbers or maybe slightly higher for a daily driver.

Your thoughts or opinions?
    I could have definitely made more power, Rich and Cleo at PrecisionTuning made a few runs on the dyno at +240whp….but for some reason they cut back to 235whp and 220tq, I guess they wanted to play it safe and make sure I didn’t break the transmission. They're the experts so whatever they decided was fine with me.

I will say this, the car is a completely new beast…..I can’t even notice turbo lag anymore and the sound…..oh my god! Check it out for yourself:
    My 4eat on dyno
    My Invidia N1 TBE + TXS uppipe

Anyway, I am planning on upgrading my transmission to a performance transmission within the next few months…..I already contacted IPT and I am in the process of getting a quote. I will need this since I plan on replacing the 16G I have with either an 18G or if possible a 20G! I’m gonna try to see if I can get to +300whp/tq.

With the mods you listed you should be able to get higher numbers than me. When I was getting my car dynoed there was a guy there with an 08 4eat pushing 245whp with only a CAI and SPT catback, he was there to get a detune though. Was lowering the boost from 18psi to 16psi…yes, it was his stock turbo.

Anyway, make sure you get a pro tune if you can, this will help you extract the most out of your upgrades. Let me know how it turns out.
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    Invidia N1 TBE, TurboXS Uppipe, Deadbolt 16G, TurboXS TMIC, DeatschWerks 650cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, GP Intake Elbow, B&M Tran Cooler, Perrin Crank Pulley, Turbosmart Tee Boost Controller, Auto Meter Boost Gauge, Auto Meter Cluster Bezel Pod.
    by Precision Tuning

Thanks so much for your input dood....yeah the dealer told me it wont take much for my 08' to get to 300awhp. which I would definitely be happy with.

2 of my last mods that aren't on that list is Perrin TMIC and I was liking that Deadbolt 18g TD05 but I see they make an 18g thats TD06 which has a slight lag but makes more power...

I'm lookin for a 300awhp/300awtq daily driver, dunno if thats possible for my 4EAT cause I would like reliability so maybe I might I have to set my HP/TQ goals a lil lower.

I could have definitely made more power, Rich and Cleo at PrecisionTuning made a few runs on the dyno at +240whp….but for some reason they cut back to 235whp and 220tq, I guess they wanted to play it safe and make sure I didn’t break the transmission. They're the experts so whatever they decided was fine with me.

I will say this, the car is a completely new beast…..I can’t even notice turbo lag anymore and the sound…..oh my god! Check it out for yourself:
    My 4eat on dyno
    My Invidia N1 TBE + TXS uppipe

Anyway, I am planning on upgrading my transmission to a performance transmission within the next few months…..I already contacted IPT and I am in the process of getting a quote. I will need this since I plan on replacing the 16G I have with either an 18G or if possible a 20G! I’m gonna try to see if I can get to +300whp/tq.

With the mods you listed you should be able to get higher numbers than me. When I was getting my car dynoed there was a guy there with an 08 4eat pushing 245whp with only a CAI and SPT catback, he was there to get a detune though. Was lowering the boost from 18psi to 16psi…yes, it was his stock turbo.

Anyway, make sure you get a pro tune if you can, this will help you extract the most out of your upgrades. Let me know how it turns out.

I'm not to familiar with NJ, but the day im going to do my work maybe you'd like to meet up for a beer or pizza, it's always nice to talk to fellow owners.

I did that a couple of times with the guys on maxima.org when I had my 00 maxima, cool doods.

Thanks so much for your input dood....yeah the dealer told me it wont take much for my 08' to get to 300awhp. which I would definitely be happy with.

2 of my last mods that aren't on that list is Perrin TMIC and I was liking that Deadbolt 18g TD05 but I see they make an 18g thats TD06 which has a slight lag but makes more power...

I'm lookin for a 300awhp/300awtq daily driver, dunno if thats possible for my 4EAT cause I would like reliability so maybe I might I have to set my HP/TQ goals a lil lower.
    Well, if you think 300whp/tq is pushing the 4eat trans, check out IPT!
    I just got off the phone with Ty from IPT regarding my plans to turn my trans into a performance trans and he was very helpful.

I told him I wanted reliability as well as performance and he recommended a few things (performance trans rebuild and a stall converter). He also said that these 2 things should vastly improve my trans reliability and improve acceleration while not affecting the car’s drivability (important since this is my daily driver).

Gave me a quote to….not cheap but few things are when it comes to cars…it’s an expensive hobby!
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    by Precision Tuning

I hear you on the expensive hobby, i built a SE-R, total cost $8k.

Well, if you think 300whp/tq is pushing the 4eat trans, check out IPT!
    I just got off the phone with Ty from IPT regarding my plans to turn my trans into a performance trans and he was very helpful.

I told him I wanted reliability as well as performance and he recommended a few things (performance trans rebuild and a stall converter). He also said that these 2 things should vastly improve my trans reliability and improve acceleration while not affecting the car’s drivability (important since this is my daily driver).

Gave me a quote to….not cheap but few things are when it comes to cars…it’s an expensive hobby!

I'm not to familiar with NJ, but the day im going to do my work maybe you'd like to meet up for a beer or pizza, it's always nice to talk to fellow owners.

I did that a couple of times with the guys on maxima.org when I had my 00 maxima, cool doods.

Oh man, wish I could…but I work full time, have a part time job, and go to school!!!!

Doing what I must so I can afford these mods I want!!
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    by Precision Tuning

No problem dood, another time. Thanks for the info i'll post up results as I get 'em.

Oh man, wish I could…but I work full time, have a part time job, and go to school!!!!

Doing what I must so I can afford these mods I want!!

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs down Precision Tuning - 5 year old install problem

Precision installed my uppipe way back in February 2005. All has been fine since ... so I thought.

I installed P & P exhaust mains and a Grimmspeed crossover today.

Donkey'd exhaust mains - Grimmspeed crossover

The lower uppipe bolt was badly stripped and way over tightened to finish the job. Why didn't Precision just replace the bolt?

I forget the kid's name who did the install, but Rich said he was 20. Either I hope he got better of went elsewhere.

If it was the upper bolt I'd have been screwed as the access is quite limited. I had to use an 18" breaker bar and a 6 point socket just to get the nut off. Anything less and it would not have been removable.

Grimmspeed supplied longer bolts, so I had the OEM crossover bolts to use - they are identical to the uppipe bolts. Otherwise I'd have been screwed again.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...c/6c652a6f.jpg

^^ The stripped bolt.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 04-10-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hey guys, quick question..

Yesterday, my Cobb Cat back exhaust came in the mail.. I looked for a place to get it installed and came across Precision Tuning.. This is my first time doing any mods to my new WRX.. Do you have to call ahead of time and make an appointment or can you just show up with everything and they'll help you from there? If you could let me know that'd be great, I'm trying to get this exhaust on ASAP.. Thanks. -Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tommygun12 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question..

Yesterday, my Cobb Cat back exhaust came in the mail.. I looked for a place to get it installed and came across Precision Tuning.. This is my first time doing any mods to my new WRX.. Do you have to call ahead of time and make an appointment or can you just show up with everything and they'll help you from there? If you could let me know that'd be great, I'm trying to get this exhaust on ASAP.. Thanks. -Tom
    Just call or email and make an appointment to see when they are available
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

You can't install a CBE yourself? One of the easiest things to do...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.