Precision Tuning (merged thread) - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Precision Tuning (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; it all depends on when you call and who answers the phone. for the most part, they'll always help you ...

it all depends on when you call and who answers the phone. for the most part, they'll always help you out over the phone. (they have helped me greatly in the past) sometimes things get rough though... whether it be an install not going as smoothly as it should, late part shipment, etc. things like this make rich, kyle, justin, shane, etc. it makes their day much harder to handle. most of the time, they have a million things goin at once. after all, this is probably without question the most popular shop in nj. give them a call back. i'm sure they'll help you out.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was helping out a fellow member with a clutch install on Tue. We got stuck on something and couldnt figure out what to do.

I called Rich at PT! Its after 6pm so the machine picks up.Rich hears me, pickes up the phone and procedes to give us all the answers! He didnt have to do that, he was off the clock!
    You do that b/c your a decent person.

If it wasnt for Rich that tranny would still be sitting on jacks.

Thanks again Rich.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Precision Dyno Tuning != Precision Tuning
    Precision Dyno Tuning is in Delaware while Precision Tuning is in NJ

That is strange that the names are that close though...
    Not for nothing - I've dealt with Nick Karanakis before - he was stealing from my friends shop. PM me if you want info.

Nick K promised me all sorts of stuff going into my turbo kit - when things started to come together, lots of details began to change.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Lets try to keep this thread on topic... If you have a grievance with PT in brick, feel free to comment. Any comments about Precision dyno in Delaware should go in a different thread...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

i always liked rich, but i must tell you that i had them do my 30,000 mile service. i use copper plugs. so 4000 miles later I changed my plugs myself. when i changed them 2 of the 4 plugs were really really loose. so loose that im surprised i didnt get a cel.. now, i dont know why this happened and i will still go back to PT if i need too, but thought i should share this with you.

Precision Tuning - No better place to go for your Scoobie

Everytime I go there, which has been more and more lately, I always leave happy. They've done everything for me, from tranny fluid changes, to a clutch, suspension and a new turbo. I love the shop, Rich is always willing to help out and talk to you to make sure you understand what is being done and why.

No scam here, just great service and a great atmosphere. Just got back from there today and I havnt been this in love with my WRX in a month or so becasue they fixed my rear strut problem.

Two thumbs up for Precision Tuning. If you live anywhere near NJ, it is well worth the trip.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT
    Everytime I go there, which has been more and more lately, I always leave happy. They've done everything for me, from tranny fluid changes, to a clutch, suspension and a new turbo. I love the shop, Rich is always willing to help out and talk to you to make sure you understand what is being done and why.

No scam here, just great service and a great atmosphere. Just got back from there today and I havnt been this in love with my WRX in a month or so becasue they fixed my rear strut problem.

Two thumbs up for Precision Tuning. If you live anywhere near NJ, it is well worth the trip.
    Were you there this morning when I stopped in?
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Yep, that was me. Your car looked and sounded great. I always loved the black bugeyes.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Yep, that was me. Your car looked and sounded great. I always loved the black bugeyes.
    Thanks, it's my favorite moneypit. To think I was going to keep it stock. Needs a paintjob and a bit of bodywork, but it's good at 5mph or 20 feet. The way I see it, it's my AWD year round daily driver, not trying to make it look nice, just want it to be solid and perform.

Good, Cheap, Reliable, pick any two.
    (it hasn't been cheap)

Just like my car. I have so many door dings, scrapes and dents. ive been keyed as well. So what was wrong with your car? Not boosting?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Just like my car. I have so many door dings, scrapes and dents. ive been keyed as well. So what was wrong with your car? Not boosting?
    I swapped from the stock turbo on my WRX to the VF34. Through an unforseeable occurance, the stock restrictor pill and hoses were lost in the process. I am currently driving around on the restrictor pill which came with the VF34. It builds too much boost which leads to spiking and other things I don't want. My guess would be that the stock restrictor pill has a larger diameter hole thus allowing less boost to build, I think it would also lead to a differint spool character since the stock EBC is maintained with the Cobb AccessPort.

I'm running the OTS vf34 map from Cobb, commonly referred to as the Stage 2.5 map.

Good luck with your car and I hope it all works out for you.

Ill be getting dyno tuned on the 26th by Jorge(RiftsWRX) so I cant wait to see what my PE1820 with meth will put out. Of course it was installed by PT.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

kyle, rich and boyz are great....and yes rich is very helpful...Glad to see another precision tuning customer is happy besides myself.....I stop in every now an than to bs with kyle an to pick at rich's brain...good luck with your car......
    Last edited by 04subie; 08-19-2006 at 05:04 PM.

And soon to be adding a dyno to the list of wonderful things that PT already has going for them,

I said it in a post a while back. PT + dyno = no better shop on the East Coast. Its going to be sweet.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT View Post
    And soon to be adding a dyno to the list of wonderful things that PT already has going for them,

I said it in a post a while back. PT + dyno = no better shop on the East Coast. Its going to be sweet.
    Confirmed - just spoke with Rich @ PT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.