Precision Tuning (merged thread) - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 196

This is a discussion on Precision Tuning (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by t There's nothing to agree or disagree about. They did a bad job installing his parts, multiple ...

  1. #151
    Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by t
    There's nothing to agree or disagree about. They did a bad job installing his parts, multiple times at that. Jump off PT's **** what happened happened. A wheel falling off a car due to loose lug nuts isn't something minor someone could of been injured, so many scenarios.
    Its basically just a bunch of loyal customers coming out of the woodwork to defend Precision.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #152
    t
    t is offline
    Registered User t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,637
    I understand that, but you can't change what happened. It is what it is, this probably isn't going to change the amount of people going there, it will just keep people safer and they will have a heads up on what to look out for thats all.

  4. #153
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088
    jordon,

    just stop posting in here. you're not going to win. just let 'em have their way.

    anyone that goes to PT, goes because they trust them, more than themselves, to do the job. Odds are most all PT customers are repeat customers. so they must be doing something right. if you don't like the work they do, or had a bad experience, that's fine, but leave it at that. don't try and cause a big stink. it's not worth it and it doesnt make you look to great either. if you don't like them, don't use them.. bottom line.
    -mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

    HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

  5. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    13,128
    I agree with unclelewiewrx, I've made my points, I'm done here. Anyone can PM me if they have any more questions, but this thread isn't going to turn to a pissing match.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

  6. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jersey shore
    Posts
    14

    Ready to get my mods

    Will Precision Tuning cut any brakes on install pricing if you buy and install multiple parts through them? ... or is it better to just bring the parts and have them do the install. Also, when having them change the UP and DP do I need to supply them with gaskets and such.

    Owen

  7. #156
    Registered User PolarisSnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by subyduby
    Will Precision Tuning cut any brakes on install pricing if you buy and install multiple parts through them? ... or is it better to just bring the parts and have them do the install. Also, when having them change the UP and DP do I need to supply them with gaskets and such.

    Owen
    Yea sometimes they come down a bit in price if you buy mulitple parts but that is really something you have to discuss with them. If they have the parts in stock just get it through them.

    No, they usually keep gaskets in stock.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

    "Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

  8. #157
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088
    i'm sure they'll work with you a bit on prices, if you buy parts through them. they'll prolly cut you a deal on the installs too.

    -mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

    HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

  9. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPEN524
    i'm sure they'll work with you a bit on prices, if you buy parts through them. they'll prolly cut you a deal on the installs too.

    -mike
    That has been my experience as well. It takes them just the same amount of time to get it (if not shorter). I liked doing this because I didn't have to worry about a package on my doorstep from disappearing, having it being lost and me being responsible because I paid for it, etc.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

  10. #159
    Moderator MidKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Bergen, NJ
    Posts
    4,711
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Josh, I just stumbled on this thread and I have a question just to satisfy my own curiosity... When you say they were 7mm bolts instead of 12mm what do you mean? Just the heads were different sizes or was the entire bolt a smaller diameter? I only ask because I'm pretty sure that had the bolts been actually that much thinner than recommended (almost half) that they would have been loose and you would probably have noticed, no?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

  11. #160
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,909
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...&page=1&pp=100

    found an interesting thread, made me remember this one.

  12. #161
    Moderator MidKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Bergen, NJ
    Posts
    4,711
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...&page=1&pp=100

    found an interesting thread, made me remember this one.
    Precision Dyno Tuning != Precision Tuning
    Precision Dyno Tuning is in Delaware while Precision Tuning is in NJ

    That is strange that the names are that close though...
    Last edited by MidKnight; 05-01-2006 at 10:43 AM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

  13. #162
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,909
    doh, my bad.

  14. #163
    Registered User Wrinkleboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    3,331
    (Just to clarify about the two shops:

    Precison Tuning in Brick, NJ has a generally very good reputation.

    Precison Dyno Tuning is a different story... their most recent location is Levittown, PA which from what I hear is their 4th location this year. They were shut down for a while recently for operating without a business license and its not the first time but unfortunately I believe they are back up and running now. However, their shoddy work is catching up to them and even some of their original loyal customers are realizing that there are so many other better shops out there.)


    And about Precision Tuning in Brick, NJ... I gotta say I'm a little disappointed that when I was in a huge bind and desperate for a suggestion on my car, I called them. I asked if anyone had a minute for me to ask a question because I really needed help. They said they would have someone call me back. They never did. They could have told me originally they dont give free advice over the phone (or whatever), I wouldnt have been upset about that. However when you tell someone you're going to call them you should do it... so its no horror story, but yeah.

    -2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

    www.TriStateTuners.com

  15. #164
    Registered User PolarisSnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi

    And about Precision Tuning in Brick, NJ... I gotta say I'm a little disappointed that when I was in a huge bind and desperate for a suggestion on my car, I called them. I asked if anyone had a minute for me to ask a question because I really needed help. They said they would have someone call me back. They never did. They could have told me originally they dont give free advice over the phone (or whatever), I wouldnt have been upset about that. However when you tell someone you're going to call them you should do it... so its no horror story, but yeah.
    Precision is always happy to give otu advice to anyone who asks. Sometimes, though, Rich or Kyle isnt around and one of the techs will answer and I can see how after going back to work they can forget if someone called to ask a question. Give the shop a call back and see what happens. They have always been very happy to help me out with any question I have ever asked.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

    "Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

  16. #165
    Registered User WRX4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    222
    I was in PT last week for an uppipe and a protune. They are professionals and very friendly. I'm very happy with the service they provided and will look forward to meet them again.
    Shane from PT is also a great guy. He is the Cobb Protuner, very knowledgable and friendly. I will definetaly recommend them to anyone who needs work on their cars.
    I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with them in the past. I hope you can get over this, and maybe go back to PT for future services. I'm not trying to advertise PT on this forum, I'm just refering them to you guys according with the service I've received.

    thumbs up for Precision Tuning

    Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •