Precision Tuning (merged thread) - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Precision Tuning (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx Well if you have been continuosly dissatisfied, why go back? Not like your gonna ...

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Well if you have been continuosly dissatisfied, why go back? Not like your gonna go back now since you de-modded.
    Also, you dont check for things after their installed?? If they install something under the hood, not only do I check before leaving, I also make sure the hood is closed tightly so it doesnt fly up on the parkway home.
    They also test drive the car before handing me the keys making sure everything is a-ok.
    Rich doesnt mind anyone asking questions, so why not ask what kinda bolts should go in place of, instead of letting them do what they want and then have you get all mad.

But you continually bashing them, is falling on deaf ears, my .2 cents.
    +1000. everytime i have been in and out of PT, they have always taken my car around the block before handing the keys back. i think the guys over there do some great work and they have always been able to help me out when i needed it the most. if you continued to have bad experiences with them, why continue to give return business? why not speak to them about your complaints? instead, you allowed them to continue working on your car and put down their name on the forums. odd, but to each his own.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I kept giving them repeat business after these problems occured because I was told their reputation was solid. I wanted to believe that they were in fact legit and the best place to take my Subaru on the east coast. After all, I was driving around 100 miles each way to visit them. I had basically ALL of my work done by them....Turboback, UTEC, Gauges, Tires, Springs, Endlinks, Struts, Springs, 30k service, and so on. I wanted to believe that these problems were just small blips on the radar, not major issues.

It's not like I think PT is garbage, but I think it is important to show both sides of an issue. I've had good experiences with them, and I've had really crappy experiences with them.

I know that you guys are loyal PT customers, but I'm posting my experience with them. My experiences with them are just as valid as yours.
    Last edited by Trailboss; 02-12-2006 at 01:57 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    It's not like I think PT is garbage, but I think it is important to show both sides of an issue. I've had good experiences with them, and I've had really crappy experiences with them.

I know that you guys are loyal PT customers, but I'm posting my experience with them. My experiences with them are just as valid as yours.
    This is valuable information. I had intended to get my clutch changed there, and if I did this post would ensure that I was extra cautious before leaving the shop.

Experiences are experiences. Don't attack him for posting it. If they sort it out that makes them good at fixing their mistakes, but I'd like to know that they make mistakes in the first place.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    This is valuable information. I had intended to get my clutch changed there, and if I did this post would ensure that I was extra cautious before leaving the shop.

Experiences are experiences. Don't attack him for posting it. If they sort it out that makes them good at fixing their mistakes, but I'd like to know that they make mistakes in the first place.
    Well I know it doesnt mean much now cause your car was flooded but they did a solid job on my clutch. No problems.

And Josh, I understand where you are coming from. Nobody is perfect and I am sorry for your unfortunate luck.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I certainly know that I could've continued to bite my tongue on the issue. But you know what? This forum shouldn't be strictly for a**-kissing. I think of it more like reading an issue of Consumer Reports. A smart consumer is an educated consumer.

$0.02
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    I certainly know that I could've continued to bite my tongue on the issue. But you know what? This forum shouldn't be strictly for a**-kissing. I think of it more like reading an issue of Consumer Reports. A smart consumer is an educated consumer.

$0.02
    So you weren't a smart consumer I guess by going back after being unsatisfied?
    Youve never heard the old saying "Beat me once, my fault, beat my twice shame on you."
    An on the basis of "Consumer Reports" its more like you, unsatisfied, verses many on here who are completely satisfied, time after time.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I Support ClubWRX
    Youve never heard the old saying "Beat me once, my fault, beat my twice shame on you."
    An on the basis of "Consumer Reports" its more like you, unsatisfied, verses many on here who are completely satisfied, time after time.
    I believe the saying is "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I believe the saying is "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."
    Yeh I chopped it up a little into my own, haha.

Yeh I chopped it up a little into my own, haha.
    you didnt just chop it up a little. you freakin butchered it

almost as bad as Bush. "You fool me once, shame on you. You fool me twice, you cant get fooled again."

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    you didnt just chop it up a little. you freakin butchered it

almost as bad as Bush. "You fool me once, shame on you. You fool me twice, you cant get fooled again."

wtf
    Mine still made sense. hahaha
    Last edited by uncle lewie wrx; 02-12-2006 at 09:26 PM.

Mine still mad sense. hahaha
    It made mad sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Absolutely not, I was 19 years old. The difference between then and now is extraordinary.

I'm not posting this to start a popularity thread of which side has more people on it; satisfied or unsatisfied. I think you are missing my "Consumer Reports" reference. I am posting to say that it is important to show both sides of an issue, good or bad. I am more interested in thoroughness than I am with picking sides. If you re-read my posts, you will actually find that I had gone to PT for all of my work, and I am appreciative that the Subaru tuning community has them as asset.

In anticipation of you asking me "So why am I writing this review?" to that last sentence, let me say this. I understand that 20 great reviews and one poor review will make a difference in someone's mind. To that end, that person should take their head out of their utopian world and realize that no matter where you go, people are going to have bad experiences. PT isn't perfect, nor is any other business. Ever. If you are worried that I am tarnishing the reputation of PT for potential customers, those potential customers who will go run away with a tail between their legs based on a single internet forum review shouldn't be spending that kind of money on their car in the first place. Decisions involving thousands upon thousands of dollars should be made utilizing as much available information as possible.
    Last edited by Trailboss; 02-12-2006 at 09:34 PM.

Point taken, we could back and forth on this forever, but it isnt worth it.

Point taken, we could back and forth on this forever, but it isnt worth it.
    agreed... let's just leave it as one kid that had a bad experience with PT. Regardless of any technicalities, he didnt like the work they did... that is all. others disagree and some may agree.

end of story...

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

t
    There's nothing to agree or disagree about. They did a bad job installing his parts, multiple times at that. Jump off PT's **** what happened happened. A wheel falling off a car due to loose lug nuts isn't something minor someone could of been injured, so many scenarios.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.