Oakos Automotive (merged thread) - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Oakos Automotive (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; It took about 3 days to get my rear brake pads and Dave sent me an e-mail with a tracking ...

It took about 3 days to get my rear brake pads and Dave sent me an e-mail with a tracking #. Oakos rocks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor OakosAutomotive's Avatar
    Thanks!!

-Dave

Unhappy

See... reading this thread makes me SOOOOOO sad.

I talked to Dave on Wednesday about getting some PantherPlus pads for my Brembos. I told him my situation, which was as follows:

I've got a track day on Monday at Gingerman Raceway in SouthHaven, MI and I wanted these pads for the event. I was assured that they pads were in stock and we be here on time. The whole reason I even bought them was one of those, "if I can get pads on time, I'll buy them" impulse buys.

2 days later, (today- 4:11 p.m.) I recieve an email from Dave:

Jay,
    Thanks for your order. The front pads were shipped out today, but
    unfortunately, we are back ordered on the rear pads. I'm trying to see
    if Carbotech can ship you a set of them directly. I will let you know.
    I applaud the effort to get me the pads shipped directly, but it's too little too late. I needed them today so I could get them installed. The fronts will be delivered about 4-5 p.m. on Monday. I was told my order was going out on Wednesday, and the partial order didn't go out until today.

The kicker is, I recieved the email at 4:11, and called at 4:13... nobody answered the phone. I called probably 5 times before I left a message and nobody returned my call. I called an incessant amount of times after that, to no avail. Which means, I probably won't hear anything until Monday at the track.

I guess from what I've heard I was expecting better service. I've had some pretty bad experiences with Vendors across the board, and expected alot more from Oakos, because of threads like this!

They way I guess I pictured it rolling out was, maybe a phone call? Even if the front pads were shipped when promised I could have used them on Monday, but now that's not even the case. I'm also going to be in Detroit tomorrow, and would have been MORE than happy to drive the extra bit to have my pads on time, instead I'll be passing them in the brown truck.

My situation was known, and I would have thought some different course of action should have been taken. I could have bought some HP+'s or maybe some blues, but wasn't give the option to still get my parts on time.

But he was super nice on the phone, and I don't know about competitve pricing, the prices are the same as directly from Carbotech, but the free shipping sure is nice. I was just looking for someone within 1 day of shipping... Alot of good that did me.

Dave, if you read this, please give me a call. I'd like to cancel the rear PanterPlus. And return my fronts as long as there is no fees.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

I'm so sorry I dropped the ball on you like this! Simply put, I ****ed up big time. The reason no one answered on Friday was because Clayton takes Fridays off, Jerry our shipping guy was out sick and I was sick too so I packed up the orders, called UPS for an early pickup and went home and finished the emails from there. Simply refuse the pads when they arrive and they will ship back to us at no cost to you. I will give you a full refund of course. If they get left on your porch I will email you a shipping label to send them back to us with.

Sorry again!

-Dave

Thanks alot Dave, I saw this just in time to call my girlfriend and she was able to fefuse delivery, so they should be on the way back.

Hopefully we can hook up for another order at a better time.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

Thanks man... sorry again for my screw up!

Let me know if you want to give us another try and I'll see what kind of discount I can get for you.

-Dave

My transaction, along with all subsequent questions and concerns where quickly and thoroughly addressed by Dave.

Would put OAKOS at the top of vendors I have worked with, and will purchase from them again.

Thanks!

-Nate

Thanks Nate!!

-Dave

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I should have probably posted here long ago as I've been a customer for- got to be close to 6 years Dave was here in the "beginning" and I don't look for him to fade away anytime soon, unlike many other vendors.
    Dave's shop has grown for one main reason- customer service. I know folks like to shop around and compare prices, before you go w/ hotximportrus or some other flybynight outfit- couple of things you should consider. Oakos products are in stock (if they aren't, they marked as such). Oakos products are shipped right away (usually the same day!)- not ordered after you order them and then drop shipped from somewhere else. Oakos guys know Subarus- you can ask them questions and they can answer them Oakos stands behind their products (they have very purposely selected quality products so this makes it easier to stand behind them).

Customer service- some shops have it, some don't- Oakos does.

I've made lots and lots of transactions w/ Dave and crew- I don't see that changing.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Smile

Thanks so much for the great post Big Sky!! It put a huge on my face.

-Dave

Are you getting any more of these wheels in any time soon: Rota Torque Wheels (18x8, 5x100), Steel Grey

Quote Originally Posted by dgriff992002 View Post
    Are you getting any more of these wheels in any time soon: Rota Torque Wheels (18x8, 5x100), Steel Grey
    We are placing a large order with Rota this week. I let the purchaser know we need a few set. If Rota has them in stock they should be here in about 2 weeks.

Clayton
    OAKOS Automotive

NYCDieselWRX
    Ive bought the majority of my stuff from oakos.com they sent me my rota rims, prodrive springs, and other goodies and threw in a kart boy SS!! shipping fast fast and free. I recently bought an HKS dp in haste and they are allowing me to return it and exchange it for a bosal DP!! the guys at oakos are awesome graciuos people!! i will be a loyal customer for years to come!

Thanks for the great feedback!! It's been fun working with you.

-Dave

Without question Dave at Oakos is one of the BEST vendors for Subaru owners! Quick shipping + great communication makes this vendor ok in Homer's book