Oakos Automotive (merged thread) - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

This is a discussion on Oakos Automotive (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have picked up a couple of items from oakos. I have always been very happy with the service and ...

I have picked up a couple of items from oakos. I have always been very happy with the service and the prices are very competitive. Plus every price you see includes shipping!!

Rob C.
    Last edited by Havok_60; 03-27-2008 at 09:19 PM.
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Megan type 2 Stealth Catback
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor OakosAutomotive's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Homer!!

It's awsome when we get to hear nice things!!

Clayton
    OAKOS Automotive

Quote Originally Posted by Homerisking View Post
    Without question Dave at Oakos is one of the BEST vendors for Subaru owners! Quick shipping + great communication makes this vendor ok in Homer's book

I Support ClubWRX
    Just wanted to chime in and let Oakos know how happy I was with the customer support I received recently. Bought a TXS Stealthback last week. Prior to that Bart had answered any question I had via PM. When I called to order Clayton did a great job helping me through what I needed for the install. Thanks for putting up with a guy with little mechanical experience. Customer service was top notch and the order arrived within just a couple days. Unfortunately it's still sitting in my living room because the install didn't get off the ground this weekend...literally, but that's all on me.

Thanks again guys!

ClubWRX.net Vendor OakosAutomotive's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you! We appreciate the kind words! Have fun with your car!

Bart
    OAKOS Automotive

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and let Oakos know how happy I was with the customer support I received recently. Bought a TXS Stealthback last week. Prior to that Bart had answered any question I had via PM. When I called to order Clayton did a great job helping me through what I needed for the install. Thanks for putting up with a guy with little mechanical experience. Customer service was top notch and the order arrived within just a couple days. Unfortunately it's still sitting in my living room because the install didn't get off the ground this weekend...literally, but that's all on me.

Thanks again guys!
    I'd like to update my previous review on Oakos. I still have great praise for pre-sale customer service, it's the post-sale service (after they had my money) I'm a little upset about. My car went into the shop Wednesday to have this Stealthback installed. Early afternoon the installer called and said the stock muffler was not mating up with the midpipe and there was a large gap that would cause a huge exhaust leak. Called Oakos and spoke to Dave that afternoon and connected him with the installer with the hopes of a remedy. The shop sent a photo to Dave that day and never heard a thing back. Both the shop and I called numerous times with no response. It would now cost me just as much to take the stealthback off, so I let it sit and hoped for the best in the morning.

Oakos opened at 10:00 EST and when I called I actually had someone answer (Thanks Clayton). He said he and Dave hadn't got the photos so I resent them and I was told he'd be in contact with a resolution, possibly even involving TXS. Around 1, after no call back, I said forget it and called TXS directly. Spoke with Jermaine and sent him the photo. He immediately recognized there was a missing metal gasket so I thanked him for the quick service and called Clayton back. He said he'd see if this part was in stock at Oakos and if not he'd contact TXS and have them send the part.

Getting closer to the end of the day, still not one call from Oakos updating me on the situation. Called around 3 because I wanted to make sure this part got out the door since my car had already been down for 2 days at this point just for an exhaust install. Clayton explains that he had a call and an email into TXS and would call me back with updates. No call back to confirm whether or not there was any progress made. Around the end of the day I called TXS back directly to make sure they'd talked to Clayton and see if the part was going to be sent. He told me they had spoken and the part was coming. Everytime I called TXS, I got prompt service so I'm not sure why it took all day for this issue to be resolved.

While I'm still not confident that the part will be here, or that the car will be done for the third day going into the weekend, I'm upset at the lack of customer service on the post-sale side. I would think a quick call from Oakos to assure me that the part is on the way would be the least they could do to help me get my car back. I should not have to take matters into my own hands and call the manufacturer direct for assistance. That's why they have distributors to handle these types of issues. It's hard to have confidence in a distributor when a simple request to identify the problem that could be resolved in a day takes 3.

My understanding is that it's not Oakos' fault that the part didn't come with the exhaust kit (I'm assuming the gasket and bolt kits come from TXS packaged with the appropriate exhaust), but from my perspective it appeared that they could care less how long I was inconvenienced without a vehicle until they got around to sending a part. No sense of urgency. Fingers crossed the part is in the mail.

Edit: 1:38 pm EST. I have a tracking # so I know the part was sent. Whether it will be here or not by close is another story. End of story and End of rant.
    Last edited by Ying; 03-13-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Update

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    I'd like to update my previous review on Oakos. I still have great praise for pre-sale customer service, it's the post-sale service (after they had my money) I'm a little upset about. My car went into the shop Wednesday to have this Stealthback installed. Early afternoon the installer called and said the stock muffler was not mating up with the midpipe and there was a large gap that would cause a huge exhaust leak. Called Oakos and spoke to Dave that afternoon and connected him with the installer with the hopes of a remedy. The shop sent a photo to Dave that day and never heard a thing back. Both the shop and I called numerous times with no response. It would now cost me just as much to take the stealthback off, so I let it sit and hoped for the best in the morning.

Oakos opened at 10:00 EST and when I called I actually had someone answer (Thanks Clayton). He said he and Dave hadn't got the photos so I resent them and I was told he'd be in contact with a resolution, possibly even involving TXS. Around 1, after no call back, I said forget it and called TXS directly. Spoke with Jermaine and sent him the photo. He immediately recognized there was a missing metal gasket so I thanked him for the quick service and called Clayton back. He said he'd see if this part was in stock at Oakos and if not he'd contact TXS and have them send the part.

Getting closer to the end of the day, still not one call from Oakos updating me on the situation. Called around 3 because I wanted to make sure this part got out the door since my car had already been down for 2 days at this point just for an exhaust install. Clayton explains that he had a call and an email into TXS and would call me back with updates. No call back to confirm whether or not there was any progress made. Around the end of the day I called TXS back directly to make sure they'd talked to Clayton and see if the part was going to be sent. He told me they had spoken and the part was coming. Everytime I called TXS, I got prompt service so I'm not sure why it took all day for this issue to be resolved.

While I'm still not confident that the part will be here, or that the car will be done for the third day going into the weekend, I'm upset at the lack of customer service on the post-sale side. I would think a quick call from Oakos to assure me that the part is on the way would be the least they could do to help me get my car back. I should not have to take matters into my own hands and call the manufacturer direct for assistance. That's why they have distributors to handle these types of issues. It's hard to have confidence in a distributor when a simple request to identify the problem that could be resolved in a day takes 3.

My understanding is that it's not Oakos' fault that the part didn't come with the exhaust kit (I'm assuming the gasket and bolt kits come from TXS packaged with the appropriate exhaust), but from my perspective it appeared that they could care less how long I was inconvenienced without a vehicle until they got around to sending a part. No sense of urgency. Fingers crossed the part is in the mail.

Edit: 1:38 pm EST. I have a tracking # so I know the part was sent. Whether it will be here or not by close is another story. End of story and End of rant.
    Sorry, not the end of the rant. I have been wondering all day why the hell someone would send a part UPS ground when it's obviously a small part and it's severly inconveniencing the patron who purchased the original item. I now go to check the status of the package because it's been all day and come to find out that it has now been rescheduled for NEXT WEDNESDAY! Now, I am without a car for eight days, losing money and trying to get myself to work everyday FOR A METAL GASKET! This is completely unacceptable service at this point. FedEx, DHL, something, just get me the part so I have a vehicle.

I Support ClubWRX
    I purchased my Red Samco Inter cooler hose set and t-bolt set from them. Extremely easy to order over the website and an actual person emailed me my tracking number. I am very happy with their service and would definitely purchase from them again.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC