Subaru WRX Forum banner

Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread)

79K views 331 replies 189 participants last post by  anxiouz 
#1 ·
As a follow-up to my post here:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6393&pagenumber=3

Ordered HKS downpipe ($175 shipped) Friday August 2nd about 9pm CST (7pm PDT). Had billing information that night along with a tracking #. Package arrived right on time after being shipped Monday. Arrived with all necessary gaskets, well packaged. Could not have experienced a smoother transaction from start to finish!

It was a complete 180 from Vivid, who, BTW, emailed me on Friday, nearly two weeks after I ordered and a week after I cancelled to tell me that my credit card was declined. Well, geez, for the first time in my life I was HAPPY that my CC was denied!! :rolleyes: [sarcasm] Thanks for checking your email, and staying on top of things, Vivid... [/sarcasm]

#202 ·
Gruppe-S said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. It let's us know how we can improve our service :) Feel free to call/PM us anytime.

Regards
Preston
Gruppe-S
your service is awesome. i drove up there just to install my parts, because of this. Bo.

#204 ·
I've placed three moderately sized orders to Gruppe-S (VF34 package, Helix uppipe & downpipe, Helix rear sway bar & endlinks) and always got my packages on time with good customer service. Ive been really happy ordering from them. When it's time for me to upgrade the transmission I will be looking to them for one of their pre built V6 RA trannies. Thanks and keep up the good work Gruppe-S :thumbup:

#207 ·
think of it like this, poeple working at gruppe-s are humans, they make mistakes but the only thing that makes it worse is when they say "its on the way" without any specification i had to breath down their ****ing knecks for 1 month for my fruckin exhaust, but they still pulled thru.

basically: their growing to big for themselves to handle.

#210 ·
Gruppe-S and FlatIron Imports Rule!!!

I have always been a fan of Gruppe-s.com... i ordered many parts from them and they always had what i needed and shipped ASAP. i ordered my Helix rear swaybar endlinks on 24Jun and they arrived at my house 26Jun!! Great company!! Keep up the good work guys!!
Never used FlatIron Imports before... but they had a great deal on the Helix rear swaybar so i gave them a shot. not many venders had them in stock, but they did and they shipped it quickly... i should have it in a day or two. Keep up the good work.

#211 ·
Gruppe-s. tsc tsc tsc....

As I live in Brazil, Gruppe-S didn't accepted my order to buy a STI Scoop. I asked a friend in Tampa to buy that for me. He talked to Preston, and he sent a confirmation e-mail, containing all data, order number, and everything.

After a week passed, mmy friend called Preston to know why the scoop wasn't delivered yet. Preston said that THERE WAS NO INFORMATION ABOUT THAT ORDER!! My friend have already paid the price, inclusind shipping!!

What a shame, and f**** bad excuse. I think those guys could have a bit more imagination to create more convincing lies.

I was plannig to buy a VF34 kit there, but I have already changed my mind. Be carefull before buying from those guys.

#212 ·
Gruppe-S got to "corporate", IMO. Now, it is when it is convinient for them

#213 ·
my experience

Ordered endlinks and badge 2 weeks ago. Get confirmation. Still no package. So I email, get a note back a couple of days ago..."THat's odd.. both items are in stock.. I'll check what happened to your order first thing tomorrow and let you know. I apologize for the delay". Phone calls are going to their VM . As of today, no package and no response from them. I don't get it.

#217 ·
i ordered some stuff from them on monday, and they came on thrs... i also emailed for a tracking # but they replyed very slowly.. after i got the package they sent me a tracking number. im okay w/ the service but they need to respond to customers quicker.

on a side note, everytime i ordered stuff from GNV motorsports or asked them a question they respond in less than 24 hrs. ;) gotta love customer service.

#219 ·
TigsteRz said:
i ordered some stuff from them on monday, and they came on thrs... i also emailed for a tracking # but they replyed very slowly.. after i got the package they sent me a tracking number. im okay w/ the service but they need to respond to customers quicker.

on a side note, everytime i ordered stuff from GNV motorsports or asked them a question they respond in less than 24 hrs. ;) gotta love customer service.
+infinity for GnV, Chris and Steve are awesome with customer service and will try to get you any part you want even if it's not listed on the website.

#222 ·
Gruppe-s....thank You

Just wanted to say thanks to gruppe-s for a great service, great products, and very friendly people. I ordered my Helix catback through them, it was the last one left, they got it out the same day for me, and it was here in 4 business days...from cali to michigan. Packaging was great. So if you guys at gruppe-s see this thread, just giving thanks to the great product. Helix catback mated up with my Helix DP, put a huge smile on my face. These guys are good....order from GRUPPE-S!

#224 ·
Gruppe-S Rocks!!!

Let me just start by saying that I ask a ton of questions and am the worst customer anyone could ever deal with. I challenge prices, constantly ask questions, demand product comaprisons...I'm a huge PITA.

BUT.......

Geoff, at Gruppe-S, took all this time, helping me pick out a motor, explaining the benefits, drawbacks etc...and answering countless e-mails, PM's, and now phonecalls. I've never felt more comfortable spending + $2K with anyone....ever...and I've spent a lot of money for work, and personal business, buying from vendors all over the U.S. and the world. You guys are definitely on top of your game. Not losing your cool, always being helpful, knowledgeable, offering a COMPLETE SOLUTION to my problem, and most importantly not trying to shove the most expensive thing down my throat is commendable as honesty is rare these days. Thank you guys so much. I'm anxious to get my motor and will continue to do business with you, and recommend you to all I know.

Claudiu Ene

#225 ·
gruppe-s??

what is with these guys? they used to be my favorite vendor now i dont think ill be doing business with them anymore.....i placed an order with them over a month ago, & still have not recieved my order, heard absolutely nothing from them, & they are impossible to get ahold of.....the past week ive been calling & getting no answer, (apparently they were closed 12/28 - 1/03) so ive called the past 3 days(when they should have been open) & got no answer, ive left them 3 messages & emalied them which never got a response....what the hell is up with these guys? i hope someone from gruppe-s reads this cause your acting pretty unprofessional....if you cant get a item on time, notify the customer...you guys dont have the time to respond to an email or return a phone call but you can sit on these forums & post offers on products? like i said these guys used to be my favorite vendor, only had minor problems in the past but im getting pretty impatient & we're dealing with $700 worth of stuff, so i'd appreciate some feedback....anyone else have problems with them lately or am i the only one getting shafted?

#226 ·
they were really good, i ordered stuff from them and it came super fast but this sucks sounds like their turning into vividracing, thanks for the heads up

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.