Subaru WRX Forum banner

Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread)

79K views 331 replies 189 participants last post by  anxiouz 
#1 ·
As a follow-up to my post here:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6393&pagenumber=3

Ordered HKS downpipe ($175 shipped) Friday August 2nd about 9pm CST (7pm PDT). Had billing information that night along with a tracking #. Package arrived right on time after being shipped Monday. Arrived with all necessary gaskets, well packaged. Could not have experienced a smoother transaction from start to finish!

It was a complete 180 from Vivid, who, BTW, emailed me on Friday, nearly two weeks after I ordered and a week after I cancelled to tell me that my credit card was declined. Well, geez, for the first time in my life I was HAPPY that my CC was denied!! :rolleyes: [sarcasm] Thanks for checking your email, and staying on top of things, Vivid... [/sarcasm]

#177 ·
i..hate..gruppe.. after 1 month of waiting for my f****ing exhaust, i cancelled order. i had to email them 5 times to finally recieve an email from them. GRUPPE why dont you answer your calls, why dont you return calls, where the f*** did my exhaust go.

all i can say again is that GRUPPE S is :bs: :bs:

#183 ·
pinoymcflurry said:
i understand you are going through some rough times gruppe, but thats stuff at comes with buisnesses. i think youre doing a good job with this whole situation. im still deciding if i should try to order again. last time caused me lots and lots of anger + a car sitting on a lift for 2 weeks.
Please contact us and let us know what we can do to earn back your business :) Sorry about any trouble you had before.
Thanks
Preston

#184 ·
My coilovers are going to be delivered tomorrow as expected, and my door panels went out today. Pinoymcflurry, I'd receommend you give them another chance. Like I said in my addition to my original post, I had some trouble with them, but they were very good with resolving the issue, and I was very happy with the resolution. I'd recommend them to anyone again.

On a completely unrelated note, Gary (or Preston), how difficult is it for you guys to get a JDM version 7 RA complete engine? I know you get standard version 7s and 8s all the time, and I'm going to be getting a v.7 RA this summer, and I wonder how difficult it is for you guys to acquire them.

#185 ·
zoophagy said:
On a completely unrelated note, Gary (or Preston), how difficult is it for you guys to get a JDM version 7 RA complete engine? I know you get standard version 7s and 8s all the time, and I'm going to be getting a v.7 RA this summer, and I wonder how difficult it is for you guys to acquire them.
It's not common that we get them but if they're available, we can try to get one for you :)
Thanks
Preston

#187 ·
Just wanted to add my two cents to this thread... :)
Gruppe-s.com is by far my favorite vender on these boards and i have ordered from them numerous times without complaints. The had what i wanted in stock and it shipped fast. Their customer service was great and Gary, Preston and the rest of the crew there took great care of me and answered my countless questions.
Now, i know it sucks when you order something and stuff goes wrong, but its not a perfect world and these things happen. I think Gruppe-S showed that they truely felt sorry for the problems that arose, they replied to this thread and now the author of the thread has changed his mind about them.
I say Gruppe-S, keep up the good work and i will still be ordering from you when the need arises.

#188 ·
Update:
I came upon another item I needed the other day. I contacted Gary by email, and promptly received a response. Gary took very good care of me, and my item is on it's way within a day with a working tracking number. I don't think I've come across a vendor before that will try so hard to make things right. Gruppe-s, you have earned my respect, and I will gladly order parts with you again :thumbup:

#190 ·
hmm gruppe-s always has competitive prices, I'm surprised to hear you guys had all these problems. Its not like I will refuse to order from them, but I will think twice about it now. Gary is working hard to fix things but I am just wondering if he would respond right away if this thread had not been made. What I mean is, are clubwrx members who posted getting preferential treatment or has customer service really improved? hard to tell.

#191 ·
Don't think twice. I ordered a VF34 package and Cusco Radiator Shroud from Gruppe-S even after reading this thread due to the competitive prices. I had a feeling the issues were isolated and I was willing to give them the opportunity to gain my business. Plus, the follow up attention to correct an issue is what true customer service is all about. You can not expect every transaction to be 100% flawless. But, how was the problem corrected. I am very satisfied and please with the service I received. The communication could not have been better. Preston kept me very informed on the status of my order and even offered to refund the money on an item which was backordered so I would not have to wait. I have dealt with a number of vendors over the years and I have to say that Gruppe-S is on the top of my list. We will definitely do more business together in the future. Keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

#194 ·
Well finally got everything in, it took about 2 weeks total, which is too long, they shipped the bearings late, which delayed the intire tranny rebuild... but I think there aren't a horrible company to do business with.

#195 ·
ordered an uppipe and downpipe last summer and it was a good experience.

ordered the vf34 package last month, and that was a good experience :D

just ordered a RSB & endlinks thursday and got a fedex tracking confirmation that same day. they should be here this week. two thumbs-up for gruppe-s :D

#197 ·
i just ordered a rear sway bar, i waited until it was in stock, because with backorders they have no control when they get the item. They have an idea but it could be late too. They sent me tracking right away. I am very pleased. would defenatly order again.

#199 ·
My thoughts about Gruppe-s i spent over 3000 in parts with them and i have had no problems what so ever.. i have recieved nothing but great customer care..

Vivid racing on the other hand is awful... i placed an order on JDM lights that where on hold.. THEY SOLD THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE... WTF !!! NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM EVER !!!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.