Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread) - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by j87w Yea, Im going to see what the deal is tomorrow with my exhaust. If I dont ...

Quote Originally Posted by j87w
    Yea, Im going to see what the deal is tomorrow with my exhaust. If I dont have a tracking number by tomorrow then Im going to cancel and order from JSC Speed. Do you know if its in stock there. From what I understand is that when you order exhauts from HKS is that the company puts in the order to HKS and HKS ships directly to you.
    I think they actually have them in stock in their warehouse. But you can always ask the people at JSC. I usually order from them through their ground delivery, and usually get everything within a week. So hopefully this helps man.
    2005 WR Blue WRX
    285bhp (14.7psi)
    project Spec-C

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So I got ahold of them today again as I still had no tracking number. The guy tells me that all he knows is that an order has been placed for it. So I told him I needed more info and he said that its shipping to them. I explained to him that max told me it would ship from HKS right to me. Then hes like yea, that will happen. I then asked if I can cancel my order and he said yes but there is a 50% restocking fee. Then he said I'll call you back to get your tracking number. So I said ok fine. Never calls so I call him back and I gave him my info again. So he says hold on and gets back with me and says hes on hold with HKS getting a tracking number but its usually like 10-15 min so he said Ill call you right back again. Of course again, no call. So tomorrow I'm calling again and seeing what the deal is. Man this sucks!

honestly if I had to deal with that complete crap, I'd just call my credit card company and tell them what's going on. I hate that restocking crap as well, it's more like a "well you made a bad decision, now you're stuck with it" tax.

Well today my G/F calls them. The first call she said she was calling to get a tracking number and they say its not in the computer but well get it and call you right back. So after a while she decided to call again and they said well get it and call you right back again. This time she says I need to know what the deal is and I really would like a call back. So after about 10 minutes they call with a tracking number. I tried it all nite and now it finally works! I cant believe it was just shipped out at 6 PM tonight though. I also cant believe I've got this kind of run around to get my exhaust here. Hopefully all goes well and they sent me the right exhaust and what not. I sure dont want to have to deal with them anymore. I should of just spent a little extra cash and went with a better vendor.
    Last edited by j87w; 08-15-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Thumbs down Gruppe-s customer service

From all the good service some bad has to come of it and I am now a bad customer service statistic.Just called to get an order problem resolved that should have been handled through email but i do believe he(I never got his name) forgot about me or had more important things to do.O well what are you going to do?
    Eric

Well today my exhaust finally comes in. I got it on and I like it. Im not going to buy from them anymore though. I hope you get your problems figured out. Its just there customer service that sucks so bad!

I bought the Defi gauge combo pack awhile ago from these guys. I got all three 60mm gauges, controller, and pod really quick. They also called me after I placed the order to verify the gauges, size, and type of gauge that I had ordered. I had a positive account with Gruppe-S.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    They run a pretty big operation. There will be hits and misses. Unfortunately people spend much more energy telling everyone else about their bad experiences rather than their good ones. I've had both ends of the spectrum from them. Bottom line is that they are a bottom line wholeseller. They dump ton's of product at ridiculously low prices, which is great for us working on a budget. The drawback is customer service. Can anyone really recall getting great service at the 99cent store?? I didn't think so. If you want great service, it's going to cost you. I run a Car Audio Department, and will guarantee you the most awesome customer experience ever.... if you're paying for it. If all you're doing is milking me for information and came for the loss leader, don't be surprised if I don't make you a priority. I'm not saying it's right, but don't expect white-glove treatment and grease covered overall price.

In the end, they have access to things few others have. Their prices are almost always the lowest in town, and never not competitive. The drawback is that they are not particularly careful about keeping their customer satisfied. Hence, don't be surprised if you end up having to do a little leg work yourself. If you don't want to do that, find a shop, that will charge more without a doubt, but offer you the treatment you're moaning about. Either way someone will cry, if not you yourself, your checkbook with certainty.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan View Post
    They run a pretty big operation. There will be hits and misses. Unfortunately people spend much more energy telling everyone else about their bad experiences rather than their good ones. I've had both ends of the spectrum from them. Bottom line is that they are a bottom line wholeseller. They dump ton's of product at ridiculously low prices, which is great for us working on a budget. The drawback is customer service. Can anyone really recall getting great service at the 99cent store?? I didn't think so. If you want great service, it's going to cost you. I run a Car Audio Department, and will guarantee you the most awesome customer experience ever.... if you're paying for it. If all you're doing is milking me for information and came for the loss leader, don't be surprised if I don't make you a priority. I'm not saying it's right, but don't expect white-glove treatment and grease covered overall price.

In the end, they have access to things few others have. Their prices are almost always the lowest in town, and never not competitive. The drawback is that they are not particularly careful about keeping their customer satisfied. Hence, don't be surprised if you end up having to do a little leg work yourself. If you don't want to do that, find a shop, that will charge more without a doubt, but offer you the treatment you're moaning about. Either way someone will cry, if not you yourself, your checkbook with certainty.
    mostly true, ive had exp from both ends of the spectrum as well
    ive had a lot of problems (wrong short shifter, wrong offset for wheels, missing parts) but they always rectify the situation
    customer service is also a hit and miss, they either respond in minutes or not at all
    i still dont know which is their preferred method of communications
    cant beat their prices though

so i ordered a cusco adjustable rear sway bar and whiteline rear endlinks. weeks go by, nothing. so we call, and they said that we gave them bad shipping info, so they did nothing. give them the information, weeks go by, call again. oh, they don't have the cusco bar in stock, so they just figured they wouldn't do anything or call us until we said something about it. finally i give in and just go with a whiteline bar instead. they finally ship it out, but put the wrong info on the package, so it doesn't get here. i had to call ups for a couple days to get it sent to the right place. i just got it, and they didn't even send the endlinks. now i have to call them and have them send the endlinks, which probably won't get here for another month. oh yeah, and i had store credit with them which i wanted to use, but they charged my credit card first so i had to call them AGAIN to have them use store credit as opposed to a credit card. total time: 6 weeks and counting.
    bugeye mafia #116
    military militia #229
    super 16 powered...
    301 awhp
    261 awtq
    -a victim of the world becoming too soft.

Banned

Low Price ! Japanese used car

Edited... please contact Tim at BlazinWRX if you would like to pursue legitimate vendor status here at ClubWRX. -- Ray
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 06-28-2007 at 08:45 AM.

customer service.........

yeah it really is something there. yeah they got good prices and shipping but what i had to go through it just aint worth it. i would rather of paid more and had less of a headache.

Gruppe-s headache. I will never deal with gruppe-s.com again. I ordered my DBA rotors from them took me 5 weeks to get the rear rotors. And they kept giving me the run around "they arent in stock", "we are gonna have DBA send them directly". Just a headache. Like someone else said id rather spend more money with less headache. And the brake pads they carry in stock. I ordered Axxis pads because of a referral from the guy eugene at gruppe and they are the worst pads for DBA rotors. Squeal A LOT. And LOTS, I mean LOTS of brake dust. Yeah they stop like im landing on a carrier. But I dont know if I will ever deal with them again.

I haven't had a single bad experience yet but for good reason. I live about 2 miles from them so I just walk in and see if what I am looking for is in stock. Communications is face to face, financials are in front of you, and sometimes they have cut me a better deal then what I have seen on the internet. Most of the issues I have seen are 99.9% internet/phone based orders. Too bad....

Bad Experience.

I ordered an STi hood scoop for the seibon hood on my 02 wrx on 11/08. They contacted me within a couple days to tell me its gunna take 4-6 weeks to get to my house . I was told no matter where I order from that theres a 4-6 week wait. I was fine with this. It has been almost 3 months now. Tried many many times to email, and contact them with no response at all. I am gunna try calling again tomorrow I guess. First and last purchase from them.

Chris
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.