Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread) - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I agree, hence the thread, and I am by no means bashing or putting them down. I am waiting for ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I agree, hence the thread, and I am by no means bashing or putting them down. I am waiting for a response. It's an opportunity for them to shine. I have faith in them, but am a little concerned that I'm in this position to begin with. A less understanding person would be citing UCC codes of merchantability and raising all hell. I'm not even expecting them to pay for the labor of having to re-install of the motor. I've been pretty fair and more than patient, and will continue to be so. I honestly think that we'll come to some resolution that'll not only make me happy, but reflect their outstanding customer service and dedication to excellence. Time will tell.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IMO they should be responsible to pay for the extra labor, they sent you a bad motor that wont even turn over and holds no compression, that is 100% their fault. Why should you be stuck with an extra $1k in labor?

........speaking of which.....I wish my motor labor was only $1k. It cost me $2500 in labor to pull the motor, heads, steering rack etc.........and then put it all back together + alignment......I guess thats what I get for living in South Florida.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    If it doesn't get resolved then yes, but legally speaking, if they send me a new motor, or simply refund the purchase price of the motor, they are under no legal (maybe moral) obligation to pay me. All I'm hoping for is more great customer service that caused me to choose them in the first place.... and obviously a running motor. How do you like the V8 sti motor by the way?
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Yes!!! I knew that they would pull through. Got a call from Geoff at Gruppe-S and we will have this thing sorted out monday. Details such as shipping charges etc... are minor, and I have no problem paying for that, until they've had a chance to inspect the motor themselves. I'm sure something stupid must have gone wrong such as a valve bending while being shipped, rusted, or other such thing. Either way, I'm just relieved to hear that they;re going to take care of it. Am I glad though that I went with them though, Otherwise, this may have concluded completely differently. Either way, once the new motor is in and running, I'll be taking a road trip up there to get them lunch, and have them finish up the rest of my build and tune.

good to hear everything came out great. Makes me want to do business with them even mroe now!
    Cobb Stage 2

Gruppe-S good to order from?

I was thinking of buying a new exhaust and I found the Apexi N1 and really liked it so I went price shopping and saw that Gruppe-S had the lowest price on it, but had many posts here reguarding their service. I was just wondering if they are reliable to order from now, (the major posts reguarding their bad service was near christmas time). Thanks.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    do a search. this is also in the wrong forum.
    There is a vendor review forum. That might be a little more helpful.

also check the "other place" they have some good and some bad reviews. Imo communication sucks with them but that may just be me.
    I hear voices but all they do is complain

I Support ClubWRX
    They are great, I ordered a Helix catted downpipe and they sent it fast and gave me tracking number quickly.

Thanks! Btw I did a search before I posted I was just wondering what they are like now...because most of their troubles seamed to be the christmas rush which is normal for most retailers.

I ordered from them and had very little problem with the shipping once they got it in. It took a while to get my stuff, they had to import it and I got it 3 months later. My main issue was the lack of response to e-mails and such. Imo get on nabisco or somewhere and pm them, they'll respond quicker.
    I hear voices but all they do is complain

i ordered a vf-34 and sti pinks from them around x-mas time, and recieved both within a week. they were pretty quick to answer my questions too
    I want my subie back.

Turns out Gruppe-S is good to order from. I placed my order for the exhaust on sunday and the next day I had a tracking number. It came in a huge box on friday and it's amazing. The exhaust looks really nice with my steel gray because the tip is big and it curves, but the really amazing thing is that its not loud. This thing has the deepest growl ever, at 3500 rpm it sounds amazing. I'm glad I picked the N1 because compared to all the ricers, mustangs and everything else at my school I sound like a V-10 while packing a V-4. I would recommend this exhaust if you want the deepest...chest thumping exhaust, and I would recommend buying from Gruppe-S because at 450 w/ free shipping its the lowest price online.

The one thing I look for a vendor is not the way they successfully execute the orders. Im not saying it NOT important, it is, but the most important thing to look for are the horror stories and the exceptional cases. How they handle defective product? Basically, how the company stands by the products they sell. If a company has a high success in properly executing their orders, they wont have a problem going the extra mile to take care of an exceptional case (defective product?). The return on investment for going the extra mile is a happy customer, which is good. If you look at reviews for a vendor, dont look at the stories of ppl getting their tracking numbers quickly, or the product is delivered as expected, instead look for the scenarios where something went wrong, and how the company fixed it.

Just my .02
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar

Thumbs up Gruppe-S FTW!!!

I recently ordered a full Helix TBE from Gruppe-S through a special combo deal on this forum. I wound up getting a super low price and no shipping. However, Gruppe-S said it would take 6-8 weeks for it to get here. I was ok with that, I was willing to wait. So yesterday, one week after I ordered it, I here a knock on the door and waddaya know: it's already here! I will definitely be ordering from them again! Props to Gruppe-S, they friggen rock!
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4