Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread) - Page 18
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread) within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; how did the replica back lips fit...

how did the replica back lips fit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I put them on last weekend. Unfortunately I can't take pics (I'm in the process of trying to find a new camera) but I'd give fitment about a B+. When I first put them on there was a large gap on either side near the fender and I thought I'd probably take them off, but after a few days with temperature changes they seem to have setled a bit. The left side is pretty much perfect now, the right side still has a small gap on the side but it's not really noticeable and seems to be getting smaller still. Overall I think there pretty good for the price. Considering the real deal is more than twice the cost I think for the price the replica's are pretty good. If you want them absoloutely perfect get the real ones but if you don't mind a little fitment issues (which aren't noticeable unless your looking for it) and want to save some money then go ahead and get the replicas. I'll try to borrow a camera and post pics some time this weekend.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I ended up giving up on my Gruppe-S order and got a refund from the money. No problems with the refund. I ordered a set of the CF sidemarkers from Kingpin, so we'll see how that goes
    NEWENGLANDF4
    1972 Corvette - LS6 / T56 powered

Smile

Finally was able to receive a full refund on my STi hood scoop. The crew that worked over at Gruppe-S are really nice (good customer service, just got to call the office directly). They were just really busy over the holidays. I for one would probably order from them again, but I'll e-mail their sales dept. to check availability next time around first.
    2005 WR Blue WRX
    285bhp (14.7psi)
    project Spec-C

Not very happy with Gruppe-s...

Well i've been waiting for 2 months now for my sti ra gears and i finally get them in and i bring them down to the subaru dealership and they tell me that gruppe-s didnt ship 5th gear to me ..hmmm they sent me 1st-4th.. What do u think they should do if they cant get another one to me ?

Are you sure you didn't order the special version which would not include 5th? I believe Gruppe-s has two options, one does not include 5th gear so that you can retain some decent gas mileage.

Most importantly, what did they tell you when you called them to discuss this issue?

what subaru dealership is the 2nd question ?

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I bought my motor and many other things from Gruppe-S, never really having anything other than well informed and very polite service.Geoff and Preston are really easy to deal with, and have always been quick to answer questions, even turning me away from bad, or troublesome product. Gruppe-S and Godspeed are the only people I'd buy from after having dealt and spoken with numerous other dealers/vendors.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I also have had nothin but great experiences with Gruppe-S. Ive bought my AP from them and got great customer service, very quick responses everytime I emailed them with a question, and have even called and talked to Preston before about uppipes and they ended up sending me a pack of uppipe bolts for free since I didnt have any. Gruppe-S is probably the easiest, friendliest, and most honest aftermarket dealer I have ever dealt with.
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

Well, I've only dealt with Gruppe-S once and it wasn't a good experience. This was around Christmas 04 and I won an auction for JDM Pinks on Ebay. It took me over a week to get ahold of them because of the holiday schedule. I finally got ahold of Gruppe-S on the phone and they stated they were having trouble with there computers so they couldn't compute shipping. The salesperson told me that he was pretty sure it would be around 30.00 so if I sent them $355.00 (325.00 for the springs and 30.00 for shipping) through paypal they would reimburse me any difference in the shipping price. So a few days later I get my springs from UPS. I was happy with the product but when I looked on the invoice and noticed they charged 25.00 for shipping and 330.00 for the springs. lol So I called them, e-mailed them, and messaged the vendor on e-bay with no response. Even though it was only 5 bucks it is the principal of the whole thing. I never recieved a respnse nor a call back on the nuemrous messages I left so I finally gave up on it. Gruppe-S lost any further business from me due to terrible customer service and the fact the hosed me out of 5 bucks.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

They have always treated me well ( spent over 3k with them)-- shipping on big items take a while but some people are entitled to mistakes as long as its corrected

give them a call -- bet they will replace it
    Last edited by 20wrx02; 03-02-2006 at 08:27 AM.
    SOLD TDCTUNED 290WHP@255TQ RA Gears & 2nd Motor, 2002 wrx
    SOLD 345WHP@340WTQ 2007 Legacy GT Brentuned stage 2.5
    2015 WRX Limited Stock

Thumbs up Gruppe-S = Great!

Just placed an order with them, it went out the same day. Free shipping also. They emailed the tracking info, answered email, answered PMs, answered forum posts. It seems they have their s*** together when it comes to customer service unlike other vendors.
    Need a hobby? Carve concrete...

= so so

i purchased Some version seven wheels from Gruppe-s.

They were packaged horribly and had scuffs on the spokes (obviously due to packaging that doesnt consider shipping techniques.

It wasnt a big deal to me since they were used, and the service there was top notch. I was just dissapointed with the lack of caring shown towards a $1000 plus purchase of parts.

ClubWRX.net Vendor

Thumbs up Bogus Motor from Gruppe-S... but they sure know how to make it right!!

I bought the Hybrid WRX/STI motor from Gruppe-S last year, and have been patiently waiting for my car to get finished. It was delayed at the body shop and we've had nothing but problems getting it started. In fact, it never started. We did a compression test and SURPRISE ... it fails to hold compression. The upsetting thing is that I've ordered a new JDM ECU, rewired my 02 WRX for AVCS, and all to find out that the motor is bad. I understand that things go wrong, but they state on their site, and assured me when I purchased it, that it's compression tested and comes with a start-up warranty. So I'm in the hole about $1,000 in labor, $700 for the ECU and AVCS wiring, new clutch, flywheel etc... all gone to waste because I'll have to pull the motor and have it replaced....again. Now, I've been an avid supporter of Gruppe-S, and I'm not really that upset that it worked out like this because I understand that with cars, it always goes wrong. But I am frustrated because this was 100% preventable on their part. I'm now waiting for responses on my emails and phone-calls. I really hope that they make it right and send me a comparable motor, or cut me a killer deal on a different one. As of now, I'm tempted to just dump this car and buy a V8, but I'm hoping that Geoff or one of the other guys there will pull through. I don't want to resort to legal means, I just want a motor that works.
    Last edited by ej20fan; 04-01-2006 at 02:35 AM.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

id atleast give them a chance to make the situation better before starting a topic like this. If they dont do anything, i.e. give you a new motor, then i would be all for stoning gruppe-s. But gruppe-s has been a good vendor and they have great reviews on many web sites. Im sure they will work something out for you.

If they dont im sure they wont be selling any more engines anytime soon.

ps. i would sweet talk them into one of their built motors.
    Cobb Stage 2