Subaru WRX Forum banner

Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread)

79K views 331 replies 189 participants last post by  anxiouz 
#1 ·
As a follow-up to my post here:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6393&pagenumber=3

Ordered HKS downpipe ($175 shipped) Friday August 2nd about 9pm CST (7pm PDT). Had billing information that night along with a tracking #. Package arrived right on time after being shipped Monday. Arrived with all necessary gaskets, well packaged. Could not have experienced a smoother transaction from start to finish!

It was a complete 180 from Vivid, who, BTW, emailed me on Friday, nearly two weeks after I ordered and a week after I cancelled to tell me that my credit card was declined. Well, geez, for the first time in my life I was HAPPY that my CC was denied!! :rolleyes: [sarcasm] Thanks for checking your email, and staying on top of things, Vivid... [/sarcasm]

#328 ·
Gruppe-s headache. I will never deal with gruppe-s.com again. I ordered my DBA rotors from them took me 5 weeks to get the rear rotors. And they kept giving me the run around "they arent in stock", "we are gonna have DBA send them directly". Just a headache. Like someone else said id rather spend more money with less headache. And the brake pads they carry in stock. I ordered Axxis pads because of a referral from the guy eugene at gruppe and they are the worst pads for DBA rotors. Squeal A LOT. And LOTS, I mean LOTS of brake dust. Yeah they stop like im landing on a carrier. But I dont know if I will ever deal with them again.

#329 ·
I haven't had a single bad experience yet but for good reason. I live about 2 miles from them so I just walk in and see if what I am looking for is in stock. Communications is face to face, financials are in front of you, and sometimes they have cut me a better deal then what I have seen on the internet. Most of the issues I have seen are 99.9% internet/phone based orders. Too bad....

#330 ·
Bad Experience.

I ordered an STi hood scoop for the seibon hood on my 02 wrx on 11/08. They contacted me within a couple days to tell me its gunna take 4-6 weeks to get to my house . I was told no matter where I order from that theres a 4-6 week wait. I was fine with this. It has been almost 3 months now. Tried many many times to email, and contact them with no response at all. I am gunna try calling again tomorrow I guess. First and last purchase from them.

Chris

#331 ·
I have ordered from companies that put you through hoops like this and it does nothing but frusterate the s*** out of you. I know for a fact the rallysport.com and oakos.com are really good to go through, I have had 0 problems with either of them. And you can actually talk to the people online at rallysport. Great customer service at both places.

#332 ·
I've had positive experiences with their service/installations although I've never ordered parts from them.

I used to take my Evo 8's to them for random installs and overall I was pleased with both the service and the knowledge of the techs.

When I have called to ask about a part being in stock the answer is almost always No, even for stuff they routinely order or get requests for. So I don't think parts/inventory are their strongest skill.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.