Subaru WRX Forum banner

Gruppe-S review thread (merged thread)

79K views 331 replies 189 participants last post by  anxiouz 
#1 ·
As a follow-up to my post here:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6393&pagenumber=3

Ordered HKS downpipe ($175 shipped) Friday August 2nd about 9pm CST (7pm PDT). Had billing information that night along with a tracking #. Package arrived right on time after being shipped Monday. Arrived with all necessary gaskets, well packaged. Could not have experienced a smoother transaction from start to finish!

It was a complete 180 from Vivid, who, BTW, emailed me on Friday, nearly two weeks after I ordered and a week after I cancelled to tell me that my credit card was declined. Well, geez, for the first time in my life I was HAPPY that my CC was denied!! :rolleyes: [sarcasm] Thanks for checking your email, and staying on top of things, Vivid... [/sarcasm]

#229 ·
jdm fogs for an '04...i realize these will take a bit longer to arriive since their special order from japan but the guy said 2-3 weeks & its been over a month, & no word at all from them, nor have i managed to get ahold of them...dont get me wrong, i didnt post this to steer people away from gruppe-s, i have had success with them before, although this seems to be the only way i may be able to reach them seeing as how they dont answer their phone, ignore messages, & dont respond to emails....however i just read 2 posts from them in the vendors section, both posted within 2 days ago, & you just placed an order with them, so their obviously back in business & back from their vacation & just choose not to reply to their customers...so hopefully this post gets them to come forward & maybe i can get some info on my order....

#231 ·
I've had mostly good experiences with gruppe-s. Only ever had one issue with a part being out of stock for a long time. I gave up on it after a few weeks, but then a couple months later it just showed up out of the blue. But other than that, I've ordered from them several times and had great service and quick delivery. Who did you talk to there? Max is usually very good about letting me know of any issues with my orders.

#232 ·
if it is coming from japan it might take longer then they told you. they cannot predict what customes will do with shipments. they have always be good with me,and very helpful. just chill a little i am sure they are very busy with the holidays and all. it might take a few days to catch up:wiggles:

#233 ·
Another way you can get a hold of them is post on I-Club. Gruppe-s does frequent that site a lot. Gruppe-s is the "BEST" in northern california. Honesty they have probably not recieved your item yet since it is imported. Since they are the "BEST" they are really busy. If anything, make sure your calling pacific time zone, since I think your in Florida. Peace be with you and your WRX! :D

#235 ·
I like Gruppe-S, but I am currently a little unhappy with my latest order. I placed an order from STi CF sidemarkers on 12/24 and haven't gotten them yet. I left them a few emails and dropped them a couple PMs (on NASIOC), finally got a reponse today. Preston said they shipped out 12/27 (in that case, I should have had them early last week). He said if I don't get them within the next day or two, to let him know and he'll send another set out. We'll see how this goes

#236 · (Edited)
Gruppe-S = GARBAGE

This is a long story so bare with me. Alright so some of you might have seen the gruppe-S STi rear apron group buy on here a month or two ago. So what seemed like a good deal turned out to be a disaster. I was supposed to get them by thanks giving instead I got them today. First there were delays supposedly because the paint shop didn't do a good etc. Then they finally they get finished so I paypal my remaining balance about a week and a half before christmas. I get a UPS tracking E-mail the next day which says "billing information" received but it doesn't acutally ship. So on Jan 3rd 9when Gruppe-S opens after the holidays) I email Gruppe-S to figure out whats going on after multiple calls and multiple excuses of why it didn't ship yet it eventually ships on the 6th. So it was supposed to arrive yesterday but gets delayed because there were as UPS said "multiple errors in the delivery addressed supplied by the shipper". So I finally get it today and guess what its painted Java Black not Obsidian Black Pearl. Lucky me. At this point I'm sick of dealing with it. I'm extremely disapointed with Gruppe-S and will not order from them again and hopefully this will convince others not to either.

#237 ·
Yeah, people who get busy around the holidays and make mistakes are the lowest form of filth.:rolleyes:

#239 ·
Sorry to hear that, I had ordered stuff from them and everything seems to be goin good. And i hope i dont run into any problems like your self.

Did you want to get rid of them, or you just gonna have them re-painted?;)

#240 ·
You're in Campbell and you had them shipped? Why not just go over there?

I know a few people that use Gruppe-S all the time and have been very happy with their work and service. Especially since you're just 'across town' I'd say to take the part back and give them a chance to make it good.

Everyone makes mistakes, what separates the good from the bad is how they handle them.

#241 · (Edited)
I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'm going to look at them tommorow when the suns out. I'm hoping that maybe since its so low on the car it won't really be noticeable. I don't know.

Yeah in hind sight I probably would have just opted to pick them up instead. I had originally thought a couple of bucks of shipping would be worth not having to drive an hour and half or so and pick them up. If I decide to take them back I'll definitely just drive over there this time.

#242 ·
gruppe-s is usually good to deal with, however, i suppose they took a long time off for the holidays cuz i pm'd them a question before the holidays and they took forever to get back to me. because of that, they lost that $1000+ sale from me. its ok though, i will still be a customer there on occasion.

#243 ·
Racenut3.0 said:
You're in Campbell and you had them shipped? Why not just go over there?

I know a few people that use Gruppe-S all the time and have been very happy with their work and service. Especially since you're just 'across town' I'd say to take the part back and give them a chance to make it good.

Everyone makes mistakes, what separates the good from the bad is how they handle them.
Exactly what I was going to say. Go to their shop and talk to them. They are good people and will take care of you. Most of them are all on I-Club and will give you I-Club discount prices. Go to their shop and show them the problem. They most likely will work with you to get it corrected. I never had a problem with them.

#245 ·
The only part that bothers me is that they had all those shipments pending and apparently just took the week off. Someone should have been there during that time to get those packages out the door. Other than that, mistakes happen and as long as they rectify the situation by getting you the right color part, it's not the end of the world. Gruppe-s' customer service does seem to suck...

#246 ·
Every complainant I've read about gruppe s on this forum has been taking care of personally by them...it sucks but stuff happens in the aftermarket world..........good luck.

#248 ·
Well after seeing them in the sunlight today it doesn't appear to be noticeable. It so low down on the bumper that you can't really tell unless you get really close and shine a flashlight on it. I'm going to install them this weekend and then see how they look.

On another note does anyone know how to install them? Gruppe-S doesn't have instructions. :rolleyes: It appears to just bolt on but then there's a couple of odd brackets that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with :confused:.

#249 ·
Too bad about your whole deal :( Not as big of a deal, but I ordered some STi carbon fiber sidemarkers back on 12/24.... hadn't heard anything from them, after I had dropped them a couple emails and then finally saw that they were posting on NASIOC so I PM'd them and finally got in touch with Preston. He said that they had shipped out on 12/27... so, worst-case scenario, I should have gotten them by about last Tuesday (shouldn't take more than 7 days max). I tell him I haven't gotten them yet, and he says if I don't have them in a few days to let him know and he will ship out a new set. Well, fast forward a few days (today) and I still don't have them. I PM him and let him know, and he says they will ship a new set out... only problem is they ran out of stock 2 days ago (the day after he told me to wait a few days) and won't have a new shipment in for 3 weeks. Great.. so now I'm stuck waiting at least 3 weeks til they even get them, cause I highly doublt they're just gonna show up. It would have been nice if he just sent out a set when I first talked with him, so I wouldn't have to wait all this time... but whatever. They're just sidemarkers but it bums me out cause I already have someone who owes me $400 and I ordered these cause I had a little spare cash from a sale I made on eBay and now I get to wait a long ass time to hopefully get them. Bums me out... Preston seems like a good guy and Gruppe-S has a good selection but I dunno anymore...

#250 ·
turbo tecnica said:
Too bad about your whole deal :( Not as big of a deal, but I ordered some STi carbon fiber sidemarkers back on 12/24.... hadn't heard anything from them, after I had dropped them a couple emails and then finally saw that they were posting on NASIOC so I PM'd them and finally got in touch with Preston. He said that they had shipped out on 12/27... so, worst-case scenario, I should have gotten them by about last Tuesday (shouldn't take more than 7 days max). I tell him I haven't gotten them yet, and he says if I don't have them in a few days to let him know and he will ship out a new set. Well, fast forward a few days (today) and I still don't have them. I PM him and let him know, and he says they will ship a new set out... only problem is they ran out of stock 2 days ago (the day after he told me to wait a few days) and won't have a new shipment in for 3 weeks. Great.. so now I'm stuck waiting at least 3 weeks til they even get them, cause I highly doublt they're just gonna show up. It would have been nice if he just sent out a set when I first talked with him, so I wouldn't have to wait all this time... but whatever. They're just sidemarkers but it bums me out cause I already have someone who owes me $400 and I ordered these cause I had a little spare cash from a sale I made on eBay and now I get to wait a long ass time to hopefully get them. Bums me out... Preston seems like a good guy and Gruppe-S has a good selection but I dunno anymore...

probly wasnt in stock.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.