Subaru WRX Forum banner

Chaplins Subaru (Bellevue WA) sold my factory order to another customer

5K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Rambo 
#1 ·
Title says it all. Waited 7 weeks for my factory order. Dealership got it on the weekend and sold it to another customer. Don't have any evidence of foul play. Don't have a car, either. I am SO mad.

Limited CVT in WR blue - of course it's popular! That's why I ordered from the factory.

SO mad.

#4 ·
Chaplins Subaru is a vendor on here, I believe. They run SubaruGenuineParts, and have a good reputation as far as I'm aware. I'm inclined to side to with them until the OP shows real proof of a deposit and signed paperwork with them.

#9 ·
Or just comes back, at all! \_0_/

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition XT1575 on Tapatalk

#10 ·
I guess what some of of us folks are thinking . . . and dancing around the issue . . . is whether or not a deposit was put down.

If a deposit was put down, you would have every right to be upset.

If no deposit was put down and there was just a verbal agreement along the lines of "We'll be ordering one of these cars exactly like what you want and I can give you a call when it comes in if you're interested" then the dealership can in good faith sell that car to the very first person who walks in the door with cash/financing.

#12 ·
And on what planet is a CVT WRX "popular"?

#13 ·
My question is looking at previous posts of op I see it wasn't ordered before early January and came in already? If it truly was an order should probably not expect until March shipment perhaps it had to be one already coming down the pipe and since it was coming down the pipeline no deposit required. I know alot of CVT cars are being sold but not as many that would make them popular. Americans are lazy but it's still a driver's car

#14 ·
The brought an identical vehicle in from out of state and gave me a $500 discount to make it up. They seemed genuinely worried about not meeting my expectations. Kudos to Chaplins here for fixing this quickly. I have no evidence of foul play nor evidence against foul play.

To the questions, there was a price negotiated and they gave me an order sheet that says it's a customer sold order, has an individual order # and an order ETA. Later they gave me a more specific ETA. They did not require a down payment with the reason given they would not have a problem selling that one if I didn't come through. Which is more than true, they sold my ordered vehicle very quickly :(

#16 ·
Shoot! I picked a '14 Forester that was on the boat and Peninsula Subaru in Bremerton, WA had me pay for the whole vehicle.

#19 ·
A dealership will not hold an incoming vehicle for you unless you put a down payment or deposit on the car.

At least they did right for you, and that's all that matters. I've not had that much luck with my local dealership.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
A dealership will not hold an incoming vehicle for you unless you put a down payment or deposit on the car.
At least they did right for you, and that's all that matters. I've not had that much luck with my local dealership.
I think that's only true for cars they have on hand. That I understand, if they hold it for you, they have to pass on any opportunities to sell it to someone else. On a factory order that was put in for me specifically and was initially indicated to take eight weeks, it would not quite make sense. Why would I wait eight weeks and they won't end up selling to me. There is no upside for me to do that.

Anyways, they got me another vehicle and it turned out well. $500 discount off an already good price means they mean to apologize.

#23 ·
I propose the mods re-word the title on this post, as the dealer did right by their customer in the end. Don't want to unnecessarily bad mouth a dealer that doesn't deserve it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.