Subaru Gold

This is a discussion on Subaru Gold within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Today I finished up the deal on my 2015 WRX I am looking at the Subaru gold Extended Warranty and ...

Subaru Gold

Today I finished up the deal on my 2015 WRX
    I am looking at the Subaru gold Extended Warranty and the dealer offered the 5 years 100k - 0 deductible policy for $1,890.

I find this to be pretty expensive , however he said that he waived a 295 Turbo Model fee and also gave me a %10 discount because i already have Triple A.

Thoughts, Ideas?... I do want the warranty as i drive about 30k per year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    295 turbo model fee? Please elaborate on this because it sounds like straight BS honestly.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Yeah, that's about what I paid. Many would argue that it's not worth the cost, but I wanted the piece of mind. It also covered the cost of a rental car that the standard warranty wouldn't, when the car had to go in for 5th gear synchro replacement within the first year. Which I fear needs to be done again.

Subaru Service Branford CT | CT Subaru Dealerships - Premier Subaru

The link is from a different dealer , however reflects the same disclaimer.

"See your dealer for surcharge information (for STI and turbo vehicles)."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by toofa View Post
    Subaru Service Branford CT | CT Subaru Dealerships - Premier Subaru

The link is from a different dealer , however reflects the same disclaimer.

"See your dealer for surcharge information (for STI and turbo vehicles)."

Ohhh it's a surcharge for the warranty itself. I thought you meant it was a fee on the car itself. Makes sense now.

My thoughts on extended warranties is they are simply for piece of mind. Most people will encounter serious problems early or late in the life of the car. I'm talking first 5k miles and then not again until 100k+.

If you want the piece of mind for the in-between time then go for it, if you can afford it.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Extended warranties are a total sham in my opinion. The factory warranty is pretty spectacular. To be honest, most people like to start modding right away. Mods make warranties' ability to keep you covered more difficult. They are easy excuses for the extended warranty provider to say no.

But, If you really want the assurance of an extended warranty then by all means go for it. Subaru's extended warranty is about the best one for the cars. With that said, request for it "at cost". Extended warranties are just another chance for a salesman to squeeze a bit more money out of you. By asking for it "at cost" you are requesting the dealer sell it to you at what it cost's them to provide. i.e. the sales man is not making any money off of it. If they say no, then keep haggling with them. Extended warranties ARE NEGOTIABLE. be cautious of the first offer as it may sound nice, but they are still likely still making 40-50% in overhead from that first offer. Hagle, hagle, hagle, until you start making the sales man rip his hair out.

That is my advice if you are going to get the warranty.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

hahahah so $1,000.00 ?!?!?!?!??!
    Last edited by toofa; 06-11-2014 at 02:19 PM.