RalliTEK warranty complaint

This is a discussion on RalliTEK warranty complaint within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I bought the RalliTEK Track Spec kit with the understanding that the endlinks were guaranteed for 5 years. Less than ...

RalliTEK warranty complaint

I bought the RalliTEK Track Spec kit with the understanding that the endlinks were guaranteed for 5 years. Less than two years later the front driver's endlink failed. During a phone conversation I was assured that if I purchased a replacement set, their cost would be refunded when I had removed and returned the failed ones. A year passed before I got around to this job. During which time the ownership of RalliTEK has changed and that product line has been discontinued.

The new owners will not refund the cost of the replacement set. They advised me to contact the former owners. They did offer to sell me Whiteline endlinks - or if they ever bring out a new line of RalliTEK endlinks they would send me those. Naturally I am using a different solution - bombproof Kartboy endlinks.

All up total paid to RalliTEK was $680, of which I had expected $80 to be refunded. Therefore take note that RalliTEK's formerly perfect record for taking care of their customers has changed because of new management.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That sucks. Sorry man.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you get a warranty in writing?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Crap. I have the same kit. I hope I don't have any issues and I hope everything works out with your claim.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

The guarantee was all over their their endlink's webpages as proof of the great design. I might add that their rear passenger endlink has failed too! I do hope that none of you have the same misfortune.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Did you get a warranty in writing?

I suspect that when a company changes hands like that, then legalities might be different. When you buy a company, you buy the company...and not necessarily the legal idealism that was put in place via contract or other binding document from the original owners. They no longer own the company, so the legalities may be void...ergo not honoring the previous company warranty.

...if that made any sense.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

I Support ClubWRX
    I OTOH suspect that when one buys a company one buys not only the asserts but the obligations and liabilities, depending on the jurisdiction. I suppose they may have bought only the name and IP trademarks etc though.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I have discussed these points with their new Sales Manager. Clearly the new ownership DID NOT purchase RalliTEK's perfect reputation - alas.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I OTOH suspect that when one buys a company one buys not only the asserts but the obligations and liabilities, depending on the jurisdiction. I suppose they may have bought only the name and IP trademarks etc though.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are not in the same state as them it's probably easiest to let it go rather than pursue them.

As the new owners of RalliTEK we strive to accommodate all previous customers and any warranty issues they may have. RalliTEK offers a 90 day unconditional guarantee on all their products and we will always honor that. Unfortunately in this case of products purchased almost 3 years ago there is no documentation of the warranty he received and any warranty claim can only be paid in replacement or repaired parts.

As a company RalliTEK has often extend this warranty beyond the 90 day period to customers on a case by case basis. When we purchased RalliTEK we were given online sales records dating back 5 years. This customers sale was made in house at IPD (the previous parent company of RalliTEK) or over the phone with an IPD sales rep so we have no record of the transaction. This being the case we still wanted to resolve this issue with the customer so we offered two remedies to the problem:
    1. We offered the customer free replacement links once they are put back into production
    2. We offered the customer a significant discount on any aftermarket endlink he would like in the interim (example was given for Whiteline)

As a company we simply cannot offer a cash refund on a product we did not sell over a promise we did not make which is why we suggested he take the issue up with IPD as they were who took and filled the order.

As for new purchases, rest assured that all RalliTEK brand products we at PREracing have brought back into production will be covered by no less than a 1 year warranty with an unconditional 90 satisfaction guarantee.

Thank you,
    Erich Uhlman
    Sales & Service Manager
    PREracing/RalliTEK
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

I did not know it was PRE who bought RalliTEK...but goddamn good on you guys for stepping up to the plate to remedy a situation!