Kartboy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Kartboy within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I recently installed a set of Kartboy endlinks to go with a set of Whiteline sways I had sitting around ...

I Support ClubWRX

Kartboy

I recently installed a set of Kartboy endlinks to go with a set of Whiteline sways I had sitting around for a while that I got from Turn-in Concepts, but this review is about Tom and his company...

On my way to Victory Meet this past weekend, I noticed a slight odd sound coming from my car. I got my car up on ramps and looked for what could be causing the noise. I noticed that the endlinks had become separated where they bolt into the control arm. Upon quick inspection, it had looked like the nuts had sheered off.

I reached out to Kartboy last evening to talk about getting this fixed. On a holiday, at 9PM, Tom got back to me and asked me to send him some pictures so he could see what happened (a response today would've made me a satisfied customer, that was above and beyond what I would have expected). Upon closer inspection this afternoon to take pictures, I realized this was due to my friend not installing washers between the nut and the endlink, and me not checking (it was a long install, and we were tired). He sells a refresh kit with some hardware for the endlinks on his site, and he said to just mention the additional hardware needed and that he'd throw that in for me. I sit here after placing the order an extremely happy customer. Tom could've charged me for each additional part, but he didn't.

Props to Tom for making solid products (I have a few Kartboy goodies on my car), great response time, and going the extra mile for his customers. People and companies like that make being a patron a wonderful experience. I look forward to many more dealings with Tom and Kartboy
    Last edited by EJ257; 05-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats good to hear. I just ordered some kartboy endlinks!
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

Great to hear, it's always fun to see positive stories like these. There are far to many, this company screwed me over blablabla. So my hat goes off to you to take the time and write these positive reviews.

good to hear matty. I was telling a co-worker about this and actually thought that not having the washers could have been the issue. glad that was all it was
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by A265
    Great to hear, it's always fun to see positive stories like these. There are far to many, this company screwed me over blablabla. So my hat goes off to you to take the time and write these positive reviews.
    That's the problem. Bad experiences, people scream from the mountain tops, hoping to reach anyone that will lend an ear. People don't typically do the same with positive experiences. Every time I have a positive customer service experience on the phone, I always ask to speak to a supervisor and let them know that XXX made me an extremely happy customer. I've always appreciated when people took the time to do that for me, so I try to pay it forward.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    ^this.

I called them a while ago for the endlink bushing replacement kit and they were very helpful as well.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

That's awesome bud! Glad to hear that everything worked out for you.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I have a host of Kartboy and TIC stuff on my car. My only complaint is that Tom and the gang are soo busy, sometimes when you order direct you can't get ahold of anyone, so no tracking info, your parts just show up.

I bought a battery hold down from them recently and the J bolts weren't long enough so I had to go source more ($7 autozone). I emailed them about it along with pics. They said "wow huh" and that's all I heard. lol.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

my first purchases from TiC and KartBoy have been nothing but great. I had great follow up emails when a little bushing(tranny x mount) went out of stock just as i ordered and again as it came back into stock and was shipped. it was really nice to get a email with a name attached to it, not a automated backorder spam.

my first purchases from TiC and KartBoy have been nothing but great. I had great follow up emails when a little bushing(tranny x mount) went out of stock just as i ordered and again as it came back into stock and was shipped. it was really nice to get a email with a name attached to it, not a automated backorder spam.

Good to see a positive review! Love it when companies go above and beyond to help their loyal customers. Usually quality products stem from the employees and owners who care. Yes mistakes and issues can happen, but it's how they get fixed that makes a difference.

I agree with Andre too...so many people are soooo quick to throw out all the negative reviews, it has become pretty much all that you see. Problem is, nobody takes time to do the positive reviews.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I reached out to Kartboy to get a custom sticker made. It didnt work out, not because he didnt try, but because my request was ridiculous. My point here is to say that he actually tried to make the sticker before telling me it wouldnt work. I was impressed that he actually took the time to try.
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flvdk9.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	114327

Tom threw in a free shirt and some atomic fire balls

UNYSOC

swag shipped. with end link bushings?

(so cool)

got my last bits from tic a hole DAY late. turns out the fed ups driver couldnt find his way out to our house. dude, you have gps and we only live 3 miles out of town. there's only five streets here. really? i just laughed when our regular delivery guy told me. RED(they're red right? im color blind) TiC trans X mount bushings went in tonight. difference made. great stuff and a thank you email sent.
    Last edited by tirerob; 06-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

Tom threw in a free shirt and some atomic fire balls

Cuz he knows you're fire hot

On a related note, glad everything worked out for you.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast