My horrible dealership experience
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My horrible dealership experience within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Went to a Subaru dealership here in Newport News, as I am ready to buy a car. They have added ...

My horrible dealership experience

Went to a Subaru dealership here in Newport News, as I am ready to buy a car.
    They have added $3,000-$5,000 to the MSRP on each and every WRX and STI!
    When I asked why they said it was due to demand on these cars.
    LOL! I then pointed out that the STI they had was the same one I saw 6 months ago.
    No one is gonna pay $44,000 for an STI that you can get anywhere else for 38,000.
    Needless to say, I wont be buying from that dealership.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to Supply and demand...****...$44k for an STI? Eff that!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Considering talking to the dealership on the forum here and see what they can do.

I wouldn't consider paying over MSRP for an STi. I paid a good bit under MSRP (for what it is worth at least) in 2011 for mine when I ordered it. I know the market has changed a bit, but I find it hard to believe you can't snag one for under MSRP.

Are you ordering one? Or do you want one off of the shop floor? If so, consider ordering one and waiting a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I can get it at 2 other dealerships who already told me that they do not add to the MSRP like they do.
    Thus, I am done with New Port News.

That's ****ty. From what I've been reading, most people are getting somewhere between MSRP and just below invoice.

I Support ClubWRX
    are you a member of USAA or some other official car clubs? Sometimes banks or such have "partner" dealerships that will honor certain prices. When I bought my WRX I took the print off from USAA bank to them and they played ball that way. you can also use Haggle-Free Car Buying Experience from Local Dealers - TrueCar or other such sites that will give you what invoice is and what most people ended up paying. It should help haggle somewhat. But like a guy said in this thread, talk to the dealer on this site.

Re: My horrible dealership experience

Area has a huge role in price for instance my dealer didn't have any then someone cancelled there order so they called me the day it got to them and I paid mrsp when they have a list of 10 people to car they normally won't cut deals. But they did do alright on my trade so who am I to complain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

The dealer I went to said the manager was recently denying test drives on all WRX's. Said people were just coming in to drive it with no intention of buying. He claimed that WRXs buyers don't want a bunch of test drive miles on their cars....

I Support ClubWRX
    What's that have to do with anything? I don't think any vehicle buyer wants miles on their vehicle.

Just sayin'. The "demand" is not only driving up prices in some places but its also preventing people from even test driving the ****ing car.

I'm sure most people won't;

Pay marked up dealers prices.
    Buy a car they can't test drive.

The dealer I bought mine from prohibited test drives, which, since I was buying the car, I thought was great as nobody had been on a test drive. I did drive it before I completed the paperwork, but the salesman knew I was serious. There is another dealer, closer to my house, that did let me test drive a WRX and an STI.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

Newport News VA ?

Casey has always been a sham.. RK better for sales but service is a little rough, Perry is good all around.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    The dealer I went to said the manager was recently denying test drives on all WRX's. Said people were just coming in to drive it with no intention of buying. He claimed that WRXs buyers don't want a bunch of test drive miles on their cars....
    That's funny.. I test drove mine with 47 mi on it, and a few weeks later bought it with 67mi on it.

I'd have preferred to get it right off the truck.. but that's not the market we're in. I now have 95K mi on my '10 and it runs just like the day it cracked 1k mi.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Yep Casey Subaru in Newport News VA, they called me last night and I told them never to call me ever again and that I will never buy or recommend anyone to buy a car from them.

When the sales manager asked me why, I told him I called 2 other Subaru dealships in my area and they confirmed and I quote "we do not inflate the price above MSRP based on false supply and demand or anything other than a possible added dealership item".

So the dumb a$$ sales manager at Casey takes me for a fool and says, "Well, I can remove the window sticker", I laughed and told him, "your the only Subaru Dealer that pulls this BS, why should I buy from you simply because you removed a window sticker"?
    So he replies, "well i will not charge you the added cost on top of the MSRP for local demand".
    I laughed again and told him "I dont negotiate down from a false markup, I negotiate from MSRP and the day you stop adding BS to the MSRP AND start displaying your prices on your online inventory and eprice, the way EVERY other dealership does, will be the only time I will ever walk into your dealership ever again".

He then tells me I dont have to be rude....so I said, "Pointing out deception and BS is not rude, but this is" and I hung up.

Well done!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

BTW Mike, it was a 2005 WRX STI that pulled up next to my 2003 350Z back in 2005 that got my full attention towards Subaru.
    I will never ever forget the sound of that WRX STI!
    Still trying to buy one !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast