Bad Experience With Becker Subaru in Allentown, PA
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bad Experience With Becker Subaru in Allentown, PA within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi All, I'm not a subaru owner (yet) but wanted to let you know about a realyl bad experience i ...

Bad Experience With Becker Subaru in Allentown, PA

Hi All,
    I'm not a subaru owner (yet) but wanted to let you know about a realyl bad experience i had at becker subaru last night. THought people in the market would liek to know... I actualyl was so mad, i went ahead and made a very simple web site about it...

http://jordancary.com/becker-subaru-allentown-review/

Anyway, i'd love to know if anyone has had a similar experience there. I hope i haven't broken any rules by posting this here. If i have let me know.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry to read about your experience ,keep us updated on what you do next or if you go to another dealership
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Hmm sounds like a complaint for the Better Business Borough!

http://www.bbb.org/
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Jeez what a bunch of jerks. I cant believe the part about the bet. Most car salesman are awful people.
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Did you save the voicemail? Im betting HIS boss would love to hear it.

You should talk to the owner or general manager. And i would without a doubt call the bbb.

wow. this is a shame. if any phone calls talk place again id say im calling the better business borough (which i would do anyways). i had an experiance with a used car dealership in pa on an 04 sti. after a week of neg and settling on a deal, they sold the car from under me . so i filed a complant on them with the bbb

That's a shame, I've never heard anything bad about Becker till this...
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Wow. That takes some balls. Subaru sure has been going down hill lately with there customer service! I have an '09 WRX that blew a clutch 4.5 months in, Subaru didn't back me up for ****. I did learn one thing from that though, and this is for everyone that mentioned the BBB.

Subaru is not enrolled to participate in the Better Business Bureau . So my complaint on them was merely a "thanks, we'll file that away somewhere and not do anything with it!"

I would however contact SOA's customer relations dept. Maybe atleast get the ****head in some personal trouble!

I've dealt with SOA about an emissions warranty issue and they pretty much told me to go **** myself... so I called back and spoke with a supervisor and I told them that I will let the subaru community know how you guys treat your owners when it comes to warranty claims and customer service... and I told them there are A LOT of prospective buyers that read those forums and it might change their final decision, but they didn't seem to care...owell
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    I've dealt with SOA about an emissions warranty issue and they pretty much told me to go **** myself... so I called back and spoke with a supervisor and I told them that I will let the subaru community know how you guys treat your owners when it comes to warranty claims and customer service... and I told them there are A LOT of prospective buyers that read those forums and it might change their final decision, but they didn't seem to care...owell
    That was pretty much what happened in my case as well. Its unfortunate too, cause due to my experiences with Subaru, and SOA, as much as i love my WRX. When im done with this car, im done with Subaru. I will NEVER own another one of their vehicles.

Hello all.
    I just joined the site to reply to this particular thread...
    Sticking around afterwards depends on the response...

First, My Name is Rob Wilkinson. I'm a sales rep at Becker Subaru. I honestly don't remember if I was the sales rep in question here. (I usually have HAPPY customers, but it WAS a while ago. I try to forget the less than pleasant deals :lol

Second, & a bit off topic, I drive an 06 Baja Turbo with a 2010 EJ257. CP pistons, EJ255 heads Blouch18GXT PPG trans & LOTS of supporting mods. I'm an enthusiest too. I actually met some of the members here a year or two ago at the Victory Brewing Co. meet & cruise that was joined by TST.

Third, & on to the issues. The manager is one of the most professional people I've EVER worked with. IF he did what the OP claims, there MUST be a reason for him to have gone THAT far over the line. There are THREE sides to every story in an argument. The two parties' sides & what REALLY happened.:lol:

90%+ of internet customers want THE BEST PRICE... online... :roll:

I'm not at work to quote a price online so someone can keep a local dealer honest. I have to EARN someones business.... & person who automatically thinks I'm the scum of the earth 'cause I sell cars is a PRETTY tough sell. Add in the interwebs & someone who is hours away... yeah, it doesn't get easier.

We are ALWAYS super busy with customers who are actually HERE. Sorry, but if you want the fastest service, just drive up. I understand that it's not the most feasible option for folks who are farther away.... but does anyone REALLY think that a professional salesperson with customers at his/her desk is going to drop everything to compose an e-mail or make a call.... ummm... NO. Internet customers come last... sorry, it's a fact. Again, most are just using us to keep a local dealer honest or screwing around. To the handful of LEGIT internet customers .. I sincerely apologize. The vast majority of OTHER internet leads have put you at the end of the list.

If I was selling any of you readers MY Baja...... with no pics, just year make & model.... would YOU agree on a price? How about if I hold the phone up to it so you can hear it!?! :lol: I think not. So to the OP.... Calling up and asking for a number on a trade (especially one that falls in the low thousands) isn't really a reasonable thing to ask for, is it? I love when people want high KBB numbers for their trade and expect to pay the LOWEST number possible for the new car... KBB EXCELLENT for your trade.... SURE !!! Pay what the MSRP says you should for the new car....

Becker IS one of the largest dealers on the east coast. WHY would we put state inspection on ALL of our cars if they could sit for 5-6 months before being sold? WHY would we prep a car to be delivered BEFORE there was a solid deal on it?

Again, I don't know the specifics of the deal in question....... If my manager did what the OP says.... it WAS unprofessional... to get HIM to THAT point..... I think that the OP just MIGHT have been acting like a tool.Even the coolest tempered person can have a bad day if their buttons are pushed. I don't know for sure, but it's GOT to be a plausible explanation.

We have FAR more happy customers than agitated ones.

I hope that ANYONE who sees this & is interested in a car will give us a call. "I" promise to treat my customers the way "I" was treated here in '06, when my wife & I bought my Baja and HER '06 OBXT Ltd. YEP, started here as a customer here & now I work for the place.

To the OP, I TRULY am sorry that you had a bad experience..... I think that your expectations of how things should have gone were a bit high. I could be wrong. I think that SOMETHING else happened that you omitted to get K.I. to make a call like that. Or you guys just rubbed each other the wrong way.

Becker is MY place of employment. I'm PROUD to work here & of how many satisfied customers write and call in. If anyone wants to email or even call me at the dealership, feel free. We're a stand-up shop. NO business can afford to have 100% customer satisfaction... "cause SOME people just can't be satisfied.

My rant is done now.
    [ Flamesuit ON]

It seems that the OP just joined to bash the dealership.... lol

Well, Subie_Sleeper. I don't think the OP was expectations were to high. When anyone goes into somewhere or calls or emails somewhere they are going to be potentially giving them their hard earned money, they expect to be treated the same as every customer. When in customer service you do what you have to try and make ALL your customers happy, not just some, ALL. Whatever the OP did to your sales manager (if he did anything to him) being a manager he should be able to keep a high level of professionalism at all times and if he can't then maybe he needs to find a new profession. You cannot come here and defend such antics when there is no excuse for it. I'm sure this was just a bad day or maybe the planets were all aligned but that is not an excuse.

Every customer comes as a highly valued commodity especially if they are putting money in your pocket. No one customer is better or worse than the other.

Sorry if you don't want to be a part of this community now, we would love to have you! We love everybody!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hangie11 View Post

Every customer comes as a highly valued commodity especially if they are putting money in your pocket. No one customer is better or worse than the other.
    I completely disagree. After dealing with the public for the last 18 years, there are many customers I've happily done without. The customer isn't always right, and many aren't worth the trouble of dealing with them. You waste time dealing with overly demanding customers that you could be spending on reasonable customers. Sometimes you just have to fire a customer, and I've fired many.

Today's belief that everyone is special and entitled to preferential treatment is BS. It goes right along with the instant gratification mentality of today's younger generation. It will, and is already starting to backfire for them. When they were children they cried and threw a tantrum when they couldn't have the toy they saw in the store. The parents caved and bought the toy. Now those same children are shopping for cars. They throw a tantrum when they can't have the car they want, the price they want, or have it that very evening. The real world is really going to *****slap these kids.

This kid wanted the car instantly, cheap, and wanted more money for his trade in than it was worth. He was abusive from step one, and threw a tantrum when he didn't get it his way. I 100% applaud the person who left that voicemail if it really did happen that way.

I have a better way to look at it, and it's been working out very well for me. I treat the businesses I deal with with respect. I'm patient, and I respect their time lines and protocol. I don't ask for unreasonable things, or make unreasonable demands. I try not to be penny wise and pound foolish. You get what you pay for. When purchasing wares you are looking for quality, speed, and a cheap price. You will never get all three......EVER. You'll get two out of three if you're a good shopper. Pick the two that you value the most.

Remember, if you can't get what you want, or feel you were treated poorly, simply don't buy the item you were interested in from that business. Move on and look elsewhere, but do it with dignity and composure.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.