Make your post count!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Make your post count! within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; For most of us, buying a vehicle from a dealership can be an exciting experience! When you post in this ...

I Support ClubWRX

Make your post count!

For most of us, buying a vehicle from a dealership can be an exciting experience!
    When you post in this forum, please do not FLAME the dealerships.
    Post your experience (either positive or negative) in a reasonable, well thought out manner. Remember, we are here to help each other out, so make your post count.

Lets try to use the following format when posting in this thread:

** POST TITLE WITH NAME OF DEALERSHIP, STATE AND CITY**

PROS YOU EXPERIENCED DURING YOUR VISIT

CONS YOU EXPERIENCED DURING YOUR VISIT

ANY FURTHER COMMENTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE

This is a perfect example:
    Byer's Imports...

Thank you for your efforts in helping other members in choosing a worthwhile dealership!
    Last edited by timber; 10-07-2008 at 10:56 AM.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Byer's Imports - Columbus Ohio

Mixed Review:

Pro:
    - phenomenal service team. They worked extremely hard to get everything right. Also had free loaner cars.
    - Price was reasonable

Con:
    - Sales team are straight out of the "sheister play book"
    - Sales manager was terrible. I had a tire issue and he promised me four new tires for their cost. I called multiple times with to tell the tires I wanted - never answered and never called back.

Verdict: Great place to have a subi serviced, and a place that might be viable for the extremely keen and shrewd buyer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you for the review!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX

Lia Nissan (Schenectady, NY)

Pros:

My cousin works for their corporate office, so I got the car for cost

Cons:

Had issues with the exhaust

The car came with an HKS downpipe on the car. I wanted a stock exhaust, because even though I will modify the exhaust, I want to keep the stocker and I didn't want to have to deal with inspection (I still haven't bought the catted TBE yet). When I approached them about it after the deal was done, they didn't want to pay for the stock downpipe (don't really blame them, considering they now lost $1200 on the deal). It took me flashing my DEC badge and telling them they would lose their inspection license (thus, losing their ability to sell cars in NY) to finally get them to comply.

I feel a little bad because I'm sure my cousin caught some crap over the incident, but it's their fault for not doing a visual inspection of the emission control devices, which is the law in NY.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Good stuff! Keep 'em coming...
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

brought in wrx to get turbo feed line replaced. told me cost would be just over $400(special lines ordered for jdm motor usdm lines dont match up)

get car back 1 week after the time they told me it was gonna be done, no big deal to me. get the bill it was over $800. i was a little pissed.

i leave dealer ship and the car was running like ****, on only 3 cylinders. bring it back they tell me cylinder #3 isnt getting power to ignition coil and they switched it with a known good coil, still nothing. worked fine when i brought it in. they lied to me and tried to tell me #3 is on the opposite side of the motor where the work was done, but the replaced turbo lines which are right by cylinder 3. take the car home tear apart wiring harness and discover #3 ignition coil power wire was broken when the intake manifold was removed. solder wire back together and car still isnt running right. discover maf sensor is unplugged, plug it in car wont start. search online and saw they installed the sensor backwards. car still isnt running perfect, backfires when off the gass in gear and car/motor shakes violently when shut off. inspect under hood more and find that TPS connector is unplugged. never again will i take my to gary lang subaru worst job i have ever heard of + terrible service and customer service that lies to u.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nate Wade Subaru - Salt Lake City, UT:

Positive experience overall. The sales guy was very straightforward and I had no problems with finance. Recommended.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Subaru of Dallas

Pros:
    Good sales team no games.
    Strait shooters on trade in and price.
    Good deals.
    In and out in 1 hour.
    Only Subaru dealer in the area that would let me drive before I buy.

Cons:
    IDK

Would recommend this dealership to buy from although I do not know any thing about their service department.

Subaru of Palm Bay FL

Pros: NONE. I dont have a single thing nice to say about them regarding their service.

Cons: No in house body shop. Had to drive across town for an estimate on a bumper.

Brought my car in for 15000 checkup. Mysteriously had test connectors on my car cut.

Wanted more for parts than the dealer an hour away, like significantly more.
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

Major Tom's Dodge - Subaru Suffolk County, NY

Typical new york car salesman....rarely have any wrx's in stock...didnt end up buying from them, just an overall bad experience.

Can I suggest that each dealer gets their own thread? Or that it's at least by state? Lumping every dealer into one thread will make it really hard for people to find information about the specific dealer they're looking for, especially if people post like WRXtasy03 who only posted the dealership name very quietly in the last bit of his post.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    can i suggest that each dealer gets their own thread? Or that it's at least by state? Lumping every dealer into one thread will make it really hard for people to find information about the specific dealer they're looking for, especially if people post like wrxtasy03 who only posted the dealership name very quietly in the last bit of his post.
    +1

True that or atleast make like a template for them to post off of. And have like

a. state
    b. city
    c. name
    d. pros
    e. cons
    f. additional comments

make everything uniform
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWRXwagoN View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Can I suggest that each dealer gets their own thread? Or that it's at least by state? Lumping every dealer into one thread will make it really hard for people to find information about the specific dealer they're looking for, especially if people post like WRXtasy03 who only posted the dealership name very quietly in the last bit of his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by 07EJ257 View Post
    True that or atleast make like a template for them to post off of. And have like

a. state
    b. city
    c. name
    d. pros
    e. cons
    f. additional comments

make everything uniform
    Edited first post. Thanks for the suggestions!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Carter Subaru of Seattle

Dealership: Carter Subaru
    City/State: Washington, Seattle [In Shoreline off Aurora]

Experience Report:
    This was the second of 3 subby dealerships I visited looking for a used 04-06 WRX. By calling before the salesman, Rob Wheeler, had the care prepared by having it brought to the front before I arrived.
    After visually inspecting the car including under the hood, the trunk, and all exterior panels I was able to find 1 tiny dent on the hood probably caused by a small rock that wouldn't be worth their or my time or money to fix since it was so miniscule. I then sat in the drivers seat and tested all features of the car. After that he gave me the keys and my dad, Rob, and I took the car for a spin on the freeway [note: he didn't take a copy of my ID].
    After returning to the dealership I decided to ask him to make an offer. He talked with the floor manager and made me an offer an astounding $1,200 below the sticker price of $18,000. This was a reasonable price for me and overall he was very pleasent considering I never revealed or even hinted at how much I was trying to spend [$17,400].

Pros:
    Knew the qualities and options available to WRX's and the ones the vehicle I was interested in were fitted with. Wasn't ashamed the vehicle had a dent, stated yes, that is a dent when I pointed it out. This conveyed some amount of honesty to me. I didn't have to deal with the closer because the salesman did it for me and I found this time saving as it was around 8:30 PM. Provided me with a detailed Dealership service report that included items such as percentage of brake life left, amount of tread left, emissions, and about 20 other things that all checked out.

Cons:
    Lacking more of the same year and style, was the only 2005 WRX Wagons on the lot. Said the inhouse body shop could not or would not be interested in fixing the dent on the hood, this may not have been reasonable considering it was the size of a dime and probably as deep as one if not less.

Overall Conclusion:
    Very pleased with service and sales department. Recommend to anyone looking for a subaru and would buy from them again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.