Subaru WRX Forum banner

Make your post count!

37K views 81 replies 60 participants last post by  WRB-T-Rex 
#1 · (Edited)
For most of us, buying a vehicle from a dealership can be an exciting experience!
When you post in this forum, please do not FLAME the dealerships.
Post your experience (either positive or negative) in a reasonable, well thought out manner. Remember, we are here to help each other out, so make your post count. ;)

Lets try to use the following format when posting in this thread:

** POST TITLE WITH NAME OF DEALERSHIP, STATE AND CITY**

PROS YOU EXPERIENCED DURING YOUR VISIT

CONS YOU EXPERIENCED DURING YOUR VISIT

ANY FURTHER COMMENTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE

This is a perfect example:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/[url=...unt.html#post2337142] Byer's Imports...[/url] Byer's Imports...

Thank you for your efforts in helping other members in choosing a worthwhile dealership!

See less See more
#67 ·
Liberty Subaru in Oradell. NJ

Just wanted an oil change. 2 other dealers needed a week to get to it. Liberty has a special quick service facility separate from the main shop. They took care of it in the time it took me to get a quick sandwich. They were very friendly and efficient, even nice to my dog. Don't tell too many people :)

#69 ·
I got my wrx from the dealership in tacoma. The sales rep I worked with seemed knowledgable about the car and wasn't too pushy, I just didn't like the fact that I couldn't get it right off the factory line. The dealership offers free oil changes for a lifetime and car washes any time u go in there. At the service counter they got a guy who's seems to have a lot of experience with subarus and knows what he's talking about. But that's the problem because everyone else there, parts or maintenance wise, doesn't have a clue so they go and ask him.
Trying to get an appointment for service doesn't seem to be a problem. Everytime I call and make one the secretary lets me pick out the time and date that's suitable for me. The service seems expensive but that's what I've come to expect from dealerships.

#70 ·
Subaru Dealers

I shopped a while for my 06 wrx and dealt with a few dealers in doing so. So for those of you in the Kitchener area. Take note, gemini wouldn't even let me test drive a car until I put money down on one. They also told me they'd try to find one for me. Still haven't recieved a call. My vote? ****s. Next one is the Stratford subaru. I asked if I could check out the 06 they had. **** started the car. Popped the hood. Closed the hood. Shut the car off. Walked away. Didn't say a word. I then asked well can I drive it. "Do you plan on buying it?" he replies. By this point I already wasn't buying the car cuz he's a ****. I eventually got to drive it. Fell in love with it. Proceeded to shop at other dealers. I wasn't buying from that dolt. Finally I founds Budds Subaru in Oakville. Friendly from start to finish, let me test drive no hastle, and when I came to pick up my car it was in the showroom shining. Now that my friends is a good dealer.

#71 ·
Looking for a good dealership in St. Louis, MO

Anyone know which dealership is the best to deal with in St. Louis, MO? I'm in the process on buying a 2011 STI and I hate the run around so I resorted to online quotes but they are just as annoying. Any help would be appreciated!:)

#72 ·
Doug Smith Subaru - American Fork, Utah

Highly recommend! I have now bought 2 cars from them (1 used, 1 new WRX). Josh Graehl was my salesman, and a very personable guy. I had a lot of questions, and he had a lot of answers. I was able to pre-order from the factory and get all the features I wanted, with no drama, no trouble. Everything was smooth as silk! All of the employees I spoke with were very helpful, and very honest about the whole car-buying/financing process. Their docking fee was only $200, which seems very reasonable. I always felt like a valued customer, and did quite a few test-drives before settling on the perfect car. I am very happy, and will recommend Doug Smith Subaru. Also, I LOVE my '11 WRX.

#73 ·
Becker Subaru In Wescosville, PA

Just yesterday I purchased my first of what seems to be many subarus. I origianlly went to the lot four days ago looking for an 06 WRX. I looked around for a while in the rain until I saw a man come out to me with an umbrella and ask me if there was anything I could do for him. I said I was just looking and we continued to chat and bs for 5 or so minutes until he said he was going to leave us be. Before leaving, he gave us his umbrella to keep looking in the rain and said to feel free to ask him any questions inside. i didnt find anything I liked/could afford at the time so I went inside to return the umbrella and the salesman asked me if I was interested in the 08 WRB WRX he had sitting out front. I explained it was out of my price range and not exactly what I wanted to get. He asked if I ever drove that model ever (which I didn't), then threw me the keys and said even though I cant afford it, today is the best day to test drive a car in the damp rainy weather. I said sure so we went out and drove around alittle and I fell in love. i asked about financing and all the jazz once we got back. now the best part happens.

Pros:
-got 4,500 for a trade in on an 04 tiburon with a bad TOB that I told them about (Bought the car in 09 for 5k)
-told them I cold only put 2,500 down and gave me a rate for 3,500 down, even after lowering the sticker
-let me take it to my mecanic for a day to get checked out(came back perfect)
-upgraded me to the 6 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper waranty for free
-plus free floor mats(not a big deal, but I like them)

Cons:
-small selection
-besides my salesman, I don't know about the others

Major props to Becker Subaru. F*** Tom Ring, Becker gave me the best car buying experience of my life. (You'd get the joke if you lived in the Lehigh Valley haha).

#74 ·
Good Idea

Florida
Miami
Bird Road Subaru
Let me buy the first wrx in florida, without preordering it, hahaha
Good price and their staff is usually friendly
Staff can seem a bit stupid sometimes but its probably because there more focused on making me happy idk
2011 wrx :)
They also let me pick up parts and accessories for almost same as invoice and literally show you what the cost of invoice was!

#75 ·
Del Mar Auto Cars, San Diego, CA

Overall good experience on purchase of my 2006 WRX wagon. I saw their ad in a few different internet sites.

Pros: I went down to look/test drive it, the service guy took a copy of my license and tossed me the keys and told me a little bit about the area I can go test drive it. :whoa: Usually, one of them rides with, but, they were very friendly and very casual. After the test drive, I met with the owner and he was generous and took 500 off the advertised price when I asked how flexible the price was.

Cons: I called them on Thanksgiving day and they were closed... go figure eh? I had to wait a whole day to get my subie :tongue:

Whole experience with them was great. From the time i walked through the door til I payed and left, 1.5 hours. Even included, driving to the bank with the owner so I can pay for the car.

#76 ·
Overall good experience on purchase of my 2006 WRX wagon. I saw their ad in a few different internet sites.

Pros: I went down to look/test drive it, the service guy took a copy of my license and tossed me the keys and told me a little bit about the area I can go test drive it. :whoa: Usually, one of them rides with, but, they were very friendly and very casual. After the test drive, I met with the owner and he was generous and took 500 off the advertised price when I asked how flexible the price was.

Cons: I called them on Thanksgiving day and they were closed... go figure eh? I had to wait a whole day to get my subie :tongue:

Whole experience with them was great. From the time i walked through the door til I payed and left, 1.5 hours. Even included, driving to the bank with the owner so I can pay for the car.
Well...it's called Black Friday and Cyber-Monday for a reason...but I'm guessing any one of the xxx-berto's was open to satisfy your hunger on TG Thursday. :)

#77 ·
Kelly Subaru. Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Lame. We have had nothing but problems from the service dept. They act like we're out of our minds to think something may be wrong. Ever. My wife has an '08 Outback, I have an '04 WRX wagon. These jokers couldn't care less if we ever bought another subie.

#80 ·
Crews Subaru in Charleston, South Carolina

I bought a 2016 WRX Limited in Ice Silver from Crews Subaru in North Charleston, South Carolina on 10/30/15. We paid for the car out right. The experience was nothing short of excellent.

During the two months before buying the car I visited the dealership twice. Before I came to the dealership in person I corresponded with Linda Breedlove via email. She was wonderful and helpful and she arranged for me to test drive a Forester the next day. My salesperson that day was Trey Norwood. He was polite, knowledgeable, and personable. There was no pressure applied to us to buy the car after the test drive. We left the dealership because I had more research to do about the car we wanted. Linda was in contact with me through reasonably frequent email communication and was available to help us when I needed it. I came to test drive a WRX about 2 weeks before my purchase and again Trey was so friendly and did not apply any pressure to purchase when I said I needed a couple more weeks to decide.

On the day of purchase my wife and I again test drove the WRX I ended up buying. Trey was patient with us, allowing my wife and I to converse between ourselves before entering the show-room to work out the numbers. During the actual sale process there was the usual back and forth but the staff at Crews Subaru was reasonable and respectful. Jerry Peters the Used Sales Manager got involved because he was acting as sales manager that day. Jerry was cordial and bright. When we finally got to the number everyone was happy with the rest of the process was fast. Several staff at the dealership (whose names I didn’t catch) came by and shook my hand and congratulated me, stating “The WRX is such a cool car, you’re going to love it!” We met the service manager Jason Parish who gave me the rundown on the first necessary services as well as the break-in procedure for the WRX. He also told me the no-no's that would void my warranty (flashing the ECU).

This makes the second car in my life I’ve bought new. This experience at Crews Subaru was outstanding. Each staff member was kind, respectful, and knowledgeable. I don’t ever plan on selling my WRX, but if I do I know there will be another great experience buying the next one at Crews Subaru.

#81 ·
What would you do? Bad bad dealer experience! Hodges Subaru Ferndale MI

Hi Clubwrx members glad to have joined and need some feedback on how you would handle this situation. Took my 2017 WRX 3,100 miles to Hodges Subaru Ferndale Michigan for its second oils change. The first one I performed without issue in my garage. This time work was to busy with work and I just went to the dealer. The oil change took longer than an hour when the dealer seemed pretty slow. When I got the car back the alignment seemed significantly off and I thought well this couldn't happen during a normal oil change unless someone majorly ****ed up with the hoist? So I called them back for a simple alignment and they said no prob warranty bring it in. I dropped the car off with the writer, made a phone call and then a smoke out back. This is when I witnessed the porter pulling my car back into the dealership after a "joy ride" in my car. He was revving the **** out of it and was driving it hard as I could hear my own car approaching the dealer. I was beyond angry and shocked. The service manager said all he could do was "apologize" and he couldn't send the employee home or fire him as he is a relative of someone at the dealer. I called the police and filed a report in the event more damage was done or revealed itself later. The Ferndale police had no issue getting the truth out of the service manger and he admitted that his employee had taken my car for a drive without permission. The angering part is that I don't drive the car hard (yet) and don't want the service repercussions from a fat ass that looks like Chum-Lee driving my car with no regard for my property. They aligned the car while the police were there but they did a **** job. None of this would have happened had I not gone to Hodges Subaru for a simple oil change in the first place. Now the car drives like total ****. I lost my mind and yes used plenty of profanity but what would you have done and what would you do from here? The dealers IDGAF attitude was frustrating but not at all unexpected. I plan to send the police report to SOA but really want other options as I'm really pissed. Do not take your WRX to Hodges Subaru as they don't seem to sell them very often and can't control themselves around your sweet car

#82 ·
what would you have done and what would you do from here?.. Do not take your WRX to Hodges Subaru as they don't seem to sell them very often and can't control themselves around your sweet car
Oh man, I almost bought my WRX from here, but they sold the red one at the beginning of the year and haven't had another one in since then. So I never dropped in to talk with them again as I didn't want to order.

I would try taking it by the service bay at Sellers Subaru in Macomb. Not sure how far away you are, but its about 30 minutes away from Hodges. Sellers seems to have their heads on straight, and a few of their techs have WRX/STi, one has a new RS (so I'm saying they like and appreciate cars)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.