Make your post count! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Make your post count! within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Dealership: Bruce Titus Eastside Subaru City/State: Kirkland, WA Experience Report: My second subaru was purchased here. It is a 2006 ...

Thumbs down Bruce Titus Eastside Subaru in Washington

Dealership: Bruce Titus Eastside Subaru
    City/State: Kirkland, WA

Experience Report:
    My second subaru was purchased here. It is a 2006 WRB WRX Wagon with 34,200 miles and I forget the exact price but I think it was $19,600. The exterior and interior were in great condition with 1 minor nick on a plastic bit between the driver and passenger windows. I took it for a nice lengthy drive with one of the salesmen who was able to answer all my questions and provided me with a free carfax report. I looked under the hood and things looked nice and clean. When I tried to get a decent price the used sales manager wouldn't budge after week so I ended up taking the car at what he wanted -$1000 without some kind of extended warranty. After owning the car for a week I started to hear a ticking coming from the engine bay. I took it into the dealership with the suggestion of a tensior failure and they said they could not reproduce the issue. After 3 weeks when I had time I took it back again when it was making the same noise and a tech was able to identify the issue. I made a service appointment and they confirmed that it was a bad throwout bearing. Now here is where I start to become unsatisfied as a customer, I should not have to bring the car back for 2 diagnoses so soon after I buy it, let alone 2 times for the same issue. They should have tried harder to reproduce it I don't know what exactly they did during their diagnoses because I gave them exact reproduction steps the first time I took it in; "the ticking happens when I have been driving for a while and my foot is not pressing the clutch, when clutch is depressed the noise goes away". Next the service manager calls me while my car is in the service appointment to notify me that the throwout bearing is bad, the clutch pedal is stiff, and will most likely be going out within one year so replacement is imminent. Then he offers to do a clutch replacement for $1,280. He said that they would not cover the replacement because the car was out of time coverage on the 36,000 mile warranty. Keep in mind I'd had the car for less than 1 month so there was no way this was my fault and therefore a pre-existing issue with the car when they got it and either they had not identified it during inspection or had identified it and turned the other cheek. Either way my solution was to call around to some local shops and got quoted for around $850 to not only replace the clutch with OEM parts but also do transmission fluid flush.

Pros: Exterior and interior of the car are nice, free oil changes for life on the car after purchase. I have another suby.

Cons: Pushy used sales manager, unwilling to meet my expected price of the vehicle which was $18,400 I offered $17,200 to begin with on a car that they had online for $20,600. Basically straight up denied that there was anything wrong with my car during a service appointment diagnoses then when they repro'd the problem tried to make me pay for it after I owned the car for less than a month. Replacing a clutch less than a month after purchase on my own dollar is unacceptable to me and I will not be taking my car here for service as this shows a lack of workmanship from the techs at this dealership that this issue was not identified during inspection. The fact that they tried to sell me a new clutch with installation for $1280 is ridiculous as well, although most dealership rates and part prices are. I will not buy a car from here again nor would I suggest it to anyone else.

Overall Conclusion: If you decide you like a car on their lot have a THOROUGH inspection done by an independent mechanic before you buy. Also since their location is in an area where some people do have very high incomes make it a point that you aren't bill gates and you expect a reasonable price based on kelly blue book or edmunds suggested dealership price not based on the local economy. A few months after my purchase a friend told me a story of his dad looking at a high end sports car there and then taking it to a mechanic who said the suspension was toast. I wish I would have known this sooner because then I would have done the same thing.
    Last edited by brianha42; 12-09-2009 at 06:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Almost became a Subie owner

Royal Motors in Cortland, NY
    This is my first and probably last post as I joined in anticipation of getting the WRX. Ordered a black 5 door WRX in December get the call 2 days ago the car is in. Turns out they mistakenly ordered a Premium instead of the base model. They readily admit the mistake, apologize and tell me if I want the car I am responsible for the 2500 difference in price. I remind them they made the mistake and offer to split the difference, since I felt paying 1250.00 for options I had no desire for was reasonable. They said no and I have decided to stick with brands that I have had good experiences with in the past. Will be returning the Rally Armor mud flaps that are on the way. I'm lucky I decided to wait before ordering the winter wheels and tires.

Toyota Scion on Concord, NC

Went there to trade in my 2007 Honda Civic Si for a 2005 Subaru WRX cause the Si didnt have the power I wanted. (BTW: This dealership is about an hour away from where I live, so its a good drive IMO :P) Salesman was great, worked well with me. Same say as i got the car my CEL came on. Fuel Level Sensor. Called the dealership, they tell me I can take it to another dealership (Terry Labonte Chevrolet) about 25 minutes from my house because they can fix it. I take it there, they send it to a Subaru Shop nearby. The Subaru Shop tells Terry Labonte Chevrolet to tell me that there is nothing wrong with my car and that the CEL is not. Now, please explain something to me. Who is able to tell me my CEL is not on when I know it is on because I'm the one driving the freaking car. I called the dealership in Concord who tells me that they cannot help me because I chose not to bring it to Concord and that they do not feel sorry for me. They got a little piece of my mind. Safe to say, I will not be purchasing another car from them and will not reccomend them to anyone.

Faulkner Subaru, Bethlehem, PA

I traded in my 1994 Toyota Corolla at Faulkner Subaru. They really worked with me. I didn't have enough credit for a pre-owned car and was about to walk out of the dealership without a subbie ....anyway just as I was leaving, the salesman informed me about the "college incentive program" or whatever it was called because I had just graduated from college and started working a full-time job....2 hours later I was driving a 2009 brand new impreza hatchback. I rate these guys a 10 out of 10. They don't push you into a car you don't like/can't afford/etc....they worked the numbers so that it worked out in my benefit. I will buy every car I own from them. I will NEVER buy a car from Becker Subaru in Wescosville, PA. They hound you and if you're just looking at a car, they practically kick you out of the lot. Anyway, if you're in Eastern, PA, don't settle for Ertle Subaru in Stroudsburg or Becker Subaru....go to Faulkner. They are much more customer friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.5iguy View Post
    I traded in my 1994 Toyota Corolla at Faulkner Subaru. They really worked with me. I didn't have enough credit for a pre-owned car and was about to walk out of the dealership without a subbie ....anyway just as I was leaving, the salesman informed me about the "college incentive program" or whatever it was called because I had just graduated from college and started working a full-time job....2 hours later I was driving a 2009 brand new impreza hatchback. I rate these guys a 10 out of 10. They don't push you into a car you don't like/can't afford/etc....they worked the numbers so that it worked out in my benefit. I will buy every car I own from them. I will NEVER buy a car from Becker Subaru in Wescosville, PA. They hound you and if you're just looking at a car, they practically kick you out of the lot. Anyway, if you're in Eastern, PA, don't settle for Ertle Subaru in Stroudsburg or Becker Subaru....go to Faulkner. They are much more customer friendly.
    if you don't mind my asking, how much did they give you on the trade-in?

Quote Originally Posted by KCRybek View Post
    if you don't mind my asking, how much did they give you on the trade-in?
    they gave me $1,200 for the trade in which wasn't bad considering the car had 189,000 miles on it and wasn't in the best shape...I was expecting much less to be honest. If you go there, talk to Bob Gearheart. He's a good guy, he'll find you a deal. Hope this helps

Liberty Subaru in Oradell. NJ

Just wanted an oil change. 2 other dealers needed a week to get to it. Liberty has a special quick service facility separate from the main shop. They took care of it in the time it took me to get a quick sandwich. They were very friendly and efficient, even nice to my dog. Don't tell too many people

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.5iguy View Post
    Yeah, the Faulkner here in Harrisburg is also great to deal with. My wife and I have bought all of our new Subies from there and they always treat us excellent. Even the service and parts are super helpful and pleasant to deal with. The service shop has some real good mechanics there as well. Never a problem!
    Never mess with a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! hahahahaha.....

Bugeye Mafia #307

I got my wrx from the dealership in tacoma. The sales rep I worked with seemed knowledgable about the car and wasn't too pushy, I just didn't like the fact that I couldn't get it right off the factory line. The dealership offers free oil changes for a lifetime and car washes any time u go in there. At the service counter they got a guy who's seems to have a lot of experience with subarus and knows what he's talking about. But that's the problem because everyone else there, parts or maintenance wise, doesn't have a clue so they go and ask him.
    Trying to get an appointment for service doesn't seem to be a problem. Everytime I call and make one the secretary lets me pick out the time and date that's suitable for me. The service seems expensive but that's what I've come to expect from dealerships.

Subaru Dealers

I shopped a while for my 06 wrx and dealt with a few dealers in doing so. So for those of you in the Kitchener area. Take note, gemini wouldn't even let me test drive a car until I put money down on one. They also told me they'd try to find one for me. Still haven't recieved a call. My vote? ****s. Next one is the Stratford subaru. I asked if I could check out the 06 they had. **** started the car. Popped the hood. Closed the hood. Shut the car off. Walked away. Didn't say a word. I then asked well can I drive it. "Do you plan on buying it?" he replies. By this point I already wasn't buying the car cuz he's a ****. I eventually got to drive it. Fell in love with it. Proceeded to shop at other dealers. I wasn't buying from that dolt. Finally I founds Budds Subaru in Oakville. Friendly from start to finish, let me test drive no hastle, and when I came to pick up my car it was in the showroom shining. Now that my friends is a good dealer.

Looking for a good dealership in St. Louis, MO

Anyone know which dealership is the best to deal with in St. Louis, MO? I'm in the process on buying a 2011 STI and I hate the run around so I resorted to online quotes but they are just as annoying. Any help would be appreciated!

Thumbs up Doug Smith Subaru - American Fork, Utah

Highly recommend! I have now bought 2 cars from them (1 used, 1 new WRX). Josh Graehl was my salesman, and a very personable guy. I had a lot of questions, and he had a lot of answers. I was able to pre-order from the factory and get all the features I wanted, with no drama, no trouble. Everything was smooth as silk! All of the employees I spoke with were very helpful, and very honest about the whole car-buying/financing process. Their docking fee was only $200, which seems very reasonable. I always felt like a valued customer, and did quite a few test-drives before settling on the perfect car. I am very happy, and will recommend Doug Smith Subaru. Also, I LOVE my '11 WRX.

Becker Subaru In Wescosville, PA

Just yesterday I purchased my first of what seems to be many subarus. I origianlly went to the lot four days ago looking for an 06 WRX. I looked around for a while in the rain until I saw a man come out to me with an umbrella and ask me if there was anything I could do for him. I said I was just looking and we continued to chat and bs for 5 or so minutes until he said he was going to leave us be. Before leaving, he gave us his umbrella to keep looking in the rain and said to feel free to ask him any questions inside. i didnt find anything I liked/could afford at the time so I went inside to return the umbrella and the salesman asked me if I was interested in the 08 WRB WRX he had sitting out front. I explained it was out of my price range and not exactly what I wanted to get. He asked if I ever drove that model ever (which I didn't), then threw me the keys and said even though I cant afford it, today is the best day to test drive a car in the damp rainy weather. I said sure so we went out and drove around alittle and I fell in love. i asked about financing and all the jazz once we got back. now the best part happens.

Pros:
    -got 4,500 for a trade in on an 04 tiburon with a bad TOB that I told them about (Bought the car in 09 for 5k)
    -told them I cold only put 2,500 down and gave me a rate for 3,500 down, even after lowering the sticker
    -let me take it to my mecanic for a day to get checked out(came back perfect)
    -upgraded me to the 6 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper waranty for free
    -plus free floor mats(not a big deal, but I like them)

Cons:
    -small selection
    -besides my salesman, I don't know about the others

Major props to Becker Subaru. F*** Tom Ring, Becker gave me the best car buying experience of my life. (You'd get the joke if you lived in the Lehigh Valley haha).

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar

Good Idea

Florida
    Miami
    Bird Road Subaru
    Let me buy the first wrx in florida, without preordering it, hahaha
    Good price and their staff is usually friendly
    Staff can seem a bit stupid sometimes but its probably because there more focused on making me happy idk
    2011 wrx
    They also let me pick up parts and accessories for almost same as invoice and literally show you what the cost of invoice was!

Del Mar Auto Cars, San Diego, CA

Overall good experience on purchase of my 2006 WRX wagon. I saw their ad in a few different internet sites.

Pros: I went down to look/test drive it, the service guy took a copy of my license and tossed me the keys and told me a little bit about the area I can go test drive it. Usually, one of them rides with, but, they were very friendly and very casual. After the test drive, I met with the owner and he was generous and took 500 off the advertised price when I asked how flexible the price was.

Cons: I called them on Thanksgiving day and they were closed... go figure eh? I had to wait a whole day to get my subie

Whole experience with them was great. From the time i walked through the door til I payed and left, 1.5 hours. Even included, driving to the bank with the owner so I can pay for the car.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast