Make your post count! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Make your post count! within the Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Great job, folks! Thanks for taking the time to make your experiences known! Keep 'em coming!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Great job, folks! Thanks for taking the time to make your experiences known! Keep 'em coming!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dealership: Bert Smith Subaru in Tampa FL

Experience Report:
    I had been searching for a black or white 06 STI for months. Well I finally found one so I called Bert Smith. They were asking to much for this 06 STI so I continued my search. The salesman at Bert Smith was very persistent as they tend to be he offered me top dollar for my trade(06 WRX) and $3k off blue book for the StI. Well now we are talking. So I drive all the way to Tampa to look at the car (6hrs). I get there and i test drive it and it is fine. So we get to talking $$ and the 3k of blue book he offered me was bs. So I was ready to leave right then but we negotiated a little and I ended up getting the deal I wanted. So I signed the papers and started driving home. About an 2hrs into my 6hr trip me and the wife are going to stop and get some dinner. When I exit I take the car out of 6th gear as I am approaching the red light and it cuts off???? I am a little nervous now. I crank it back up and now every time I change gears it cuts off??? So I immediately call Subaru of Jacksonville since it is now the closest dealer. I go straight there and drop the car off. I have to get my buddy to drive down from Savannah to pick us up. At this point I am pissed. I get the call from a tech at Subaru of Jacksonville the next day and he says "there is a lot of metal shavings in the oil pan. You have a sump pump failure and your block is toast" So I immediately call Bert Smith to tell them what is going on. Of course they dont believe me so I have Subaru of Jax call them.
    So most of everything was covered under the factory warranty.
    I ended up getting a brand new engine and turbo under warranty, and a few other goodies like a two car payments, a new clutch, new tires, new radiator(the old one was leaking) and new cv boots payed for by Bert Smith.

Pros:
    I dont know if there are any I had to go through the BBB to get what I wanted. I guess if there is any pros is that I got an 06 STI with a brand new engine, turbo, tires and clutch for the same price I paid for my 06 WRX and I got to build a relationship with Subaru of Jacksonville.

Cons:
    The dealership must have never done any inspection on the car or they would have found all of the metal shavings or their techs are idiots (either way) I would not recommend this dealership for numerous reasons: I was told the car was all stock when I got there it had painted headlights(which I like but is not stock), an aftermarket bcs (which I did not notice until after the fact), Broken rear seatbelt, Cobb Springs, And one thing that is completely my fault when I finally got the car home after a month of it being in the shop I noticed that about a 3rd of the front bumper had been spray painted black to cover up something.

Overall Conclusion:
    Never go to Bert Smith in Tampa!! Go to Subaru of JaX!! More importantly Pay attention to the little things it couldve saved me a lot of stress.
    Ask for inspection records and if you are test driving a used car go get it on a lift and inspect it yourself or let someone you trust inspect it before you buy it!!
    Last edited by gfred024; 11-01-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Evanston Subaru - Evanston, IL

Pro:
    - Sales man was really good. Seemed pretty well educated on the WRX (some were not so much).
    - Price was good.

Con:
    - I wouldn't say this was really a con for them but the hood scoop had vast imperfections on it (not their fault persay) but they are fixing it for me.

Verdict: Great place to buy a subaru.

2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq(Sold)
    1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
    1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
    2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by VenomInside View Post
    Pro:
    - Sales man was really good. Seemed pretty well educated on the WRX (some were not so much).
    - Price was good.

Con:
    - I wouldn't say this was really a con for them but the hood scoop had vast imperfections on it (not their fault persay) but they are fixing it for me.

Verdict: Great place to buy a subaru.

I also bought my 09 WRX from Evanston. I visited 5 Subi dealers in Chicagoland, and in Evanston was the most pleasent and NO BS dealer. I worked with Evan (highly recommend this guy) and everything he told me turned out very true. I signed the papers on the first day, and the next day I came to get my car. They also gave me a good deal on my trade in.

I have nothing negative to say about them.

Evanston Subaru--Evanston, IL

I also bought an 09 wrx from here and dealt with Evan. Good overall experience, no bs and the whole process was quick and efficient. I would recommend this dealer.

Also, thanks to other posters who helped me steer clear of SoS!

Quote Originally Posted by FPAEP View Post
    I also bought my 09 WRX from Evanston. I visited 5 Subi dealers in Chicagoland, and in Evanston was the most pleasent and NO BS dealer. I worked with Evan (highly recommend this guy) and everything he told me turned out very true. I signed the papers on the first day, and the next day I came to get my car. They also gave me a good deal on my trade in.

I have nothing negative to say about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakai99 View Post
    I also bought an 09 wrx from here and dealt with Evan. Good overall experience, no bs and the whole process was quick and efficient. I would recommend this dealer.

Evan was my sales guy too. Cool kid.
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)

Would the SOS be Subaru of Schaumburg?
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by VenomInside View Post
    Would the SOS be Subaru of Schaumburg?
    Yea, SoS would be Subaru of Schaumburg.

Yea, SoS would be Subaru of Schaumburg.
    I didn't like those guys. I went there before and .
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)

3 dealership reviews..

SUBARU OF CHERRY HILL
    CHERRY HILL, NJ

it was like a 2 hr drive just to get there, but its where i got my baby =)

overall i can't stand behind them w/ everything since my experience with them is very little.. overall the staff seems like those from a normal dealership.. i ended up paying 20500 for my 24k mile 06 wrx after them starting it at 24k. we had to of walked out to the car and began to drive away a couple times before they offered to consider our offer.. (they have a dark grey sti for 24k right now! only if they had it then)

overall, good place to check out if you are looking for a new car; besides that i wouldn't recommend it since i never got to meet the mechanics or anything like that.

SUBARU OF RAMSEY
    RAMSEY, NJ

this is "my place" if any subaru dealership was mine. a friend works there and introduced me to all the guys behind the counter of service/repairs.. the mechanics there are awesome; they really do a great job. anything that goes through a subaru dealer is through them.

LIBERTY SUBARU
    ORADELL, NJ

walked in there about 5 months ago, had them order touch up paint... still haven't heard from them! besides that i couldn't tell you much, but several ppl i've talked to said they aren't happy w/ them. i won't talk down upon anything i havent had much experience with.

Subaru Regina

Subaru (Auto gallery) Regina, Saskatchewan Canada.. These guys are terrible, Tom the owner fired us as customers.. can you believe that....this dealership is crooked as a hillbilly's smile..vehicle was brought in with issues of noise in the rear end... to no resolve after three visits...talked to other subaru owners in area same experience....anyways Just wanted to let others know about this place...stay away at all cost...the alternative Subaru in Saskatoon is the best...professional people great service... 08'wrx 60,000km what a car!

Highline Cars, Waterbury, CT

Highline Cars, Waterbury, CT

Major bad experience!

Pro. none

Con. Sold me a car that in reality may never pass inspection before it reaches it's end of life.

Here is an e-mail that I sent them today.

"I am leaving this message to let you all know I am going to do everything within my reach to let everyone know what you all have done to me. I bought a 2002 WRX last year in september and have been unable to pass inspection. After a few different re-inspections and diagnostic leak tests, no one has been able to determine what is causing the evap leak CEL to come on. Upon further inspection, the subaru dealership I have brought the car to in desparation has told me the cost to get the car to pass will most likely eclipse it's value.

There are no catalytic converters on the car and the ECU most likely has been re-programmed. Basically everything has been thrown together on the car in a haphazard fashion. Nothing was done in a legitimate professional manner. Basically there is a nightmare of issues affecting this car.

I traded in a new car and made the mistake of trusting your business. I know you may not get in contact with me. I also know you probably will do nothing to defend your businesses reputation by rectifying the situation.

You sold me a car that was not only illegal, and broken, you have caused us a great deal of financial ruin. I am going to look into legal avenues as well.

So if this is what you want, so be it. There is nothing that you can say to defend the fact you sold me a car that was trash for a premium price, that I will never be able to legally drive.

Thank you for making our life a living hell since I became your customer."

I was stupid for buying the car for $15000 uglystupid2. It will cost me thousands to pass NYS inspection. I am also upside-down on the loan. Do not go to this dealership ever, no matter what!

09 wrx 265 dealer service problems - any suggestions?

My son's 09 WRX 265 supposedly had the PCV valve stick open in cold weather which took all the oil out in no time flat and caused the engine to make a really bad noise. He stopped as quickly as possible, checked the dipstick and found filings. Now the bad part is the service - they have replaced the valve and put oil back in but they did not do an engine oil analysis - they've told him he can have it back and that it is covered by warranty anyway. Needless to say he is not too happy. He wants proof that he does not need a new motor. This process has taken them a month of them dragging their heels. My son is very upset. I feel badly because I have an 04 and kind of talked him into it. I'm looking for any suggestions as to how to best approach the dealership and Subaru Canada about the situation. He has been away working so it's been difficult for him to follow up. Oh yah - it has 4500km on it and it's at an Edmonton Subaru dealership.

Thanks.

Subaru Saskatoon

The best place I've found is Saskatoon, SK. bought my '08 there had the exact same problem treated me great...(306-665-6811) the service rep is saying there's allot of these coming to surface. It blew the engine seals and then the pcv hose I had extra oil and found a clamp and got it in but it sounds fine....so far.
    The intercooler is covered now, not really the best looking but it works.

Dealership: Puente Hills Subaru
    City/State: Puente Hills, California [SoCal]

Experience Report:
    I went in one weekend and there were NO customers except myself and my father. We take a look see at an 06 black wrx, looks clean, 44k miles, i like it a lot. 18,999 was not in my range, but he said he could do 15,500 at the lowest, so i looked elsewhere. My dad made me buy from a dealership to get the warranty btw. I look around, everywhere else had 02/03's for 13-14,000. And they wouldn't budge past 12,000 with a ton of miles on them. So we go back to puente hills and talk.

Pros:
    There really aren't to many, i got them down to 16,500, with a lot of interest.

Cons:
    They had 1 07 and lower wrx, mine, with two 06 sti's. The whole entire team lied to me a lot. They said there was one owner with no accidents, 40 year old male, umpire trading in for a toyota truck. I found out just a few weeks ago, meeting him on nasoic, he actually goes to my school. 20 year old, college student, traded in for an 09 wrx. They also quoted me the first day 15,500, and took it back because the salesman had no idea what he was doing. It took us hours to negotiate to 16,500 not having leverage such as the accident. The Finance Manager lied to us and said 16,500 out the door. I'm pretty sure out the door means 16,500 period. This was a lie, the tax was $1336. He told us he'd throw in gap and lowjack if we took his loan rather than looking around. We accept his offer.. We talk to him about warranties, he recommends we get the Gold Plus Warrnaty which we ask what it covers. "It covers everything." .. "Does it cover the clutch?"... "Yes, say your clutch goes out and you have to get a new one, then you might only pay 100 dollars instead of the full price." Okay! We'll take it! Lies, i find out that no warranty after the first warranty does not cover the clutch because it is a wear and tear item. Overall, super displeased here, do not go here find a different subaru dealership they don't know what they're doing, new dealership, new sales reps, bad overall service. The car also had to get the springs taken off and they told me it would be ready monday, i purchased saturday. I get a call monday saying that it won't be ready til wednesday, i get a call wednesday saying the car won't be ready til friday. The car is FINALLY done on saturday the next week. Service sucks.

Overall Conclusion:
    Don't buy here, the whole staff is terrible.
    Sadness is just happiness turned on its ass.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast