ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums - Subaru WRX and WRX STi Special Editions Debut at SEMA 2012
  • Subaru WRX and WRX STi Special Editions Debut at SEMA 2012

"Subaru has pulled back the curtain on a pair of 2013 WRX and WRX STI Special Edition models ahead of their debut at the 2012 SEMA Show, which kicks off today in Las Vegas. Each car bows with a unique orange and black color scheme that carries over into the cabin. With black wheels, badges and side mirrors, it should easy to pick these machines out of a crowd. Indoors, designers have graced both sedans with a black headliner and the seats feature orange contrast stitching.

Mechanically, the Special Edition models remain unchanged from their more ordinary counterparts, which means buyers will enjoy 265 horsepower from the WRX and 305 ponies from the more muscular WRX STI. Even so, the flashy paint and trim might be enough to drag buyers to the showroom if you count yourself among that crowd, best get to getting. Subaru is only planning to produce 200 examples of the WRX and another 200 of the WRX STI. Check out the official press blast below for more information, and stay tuned for our live shots from the SEMA show floor."

Source: autoblog
    Comments 19 Comments
      Soobvirgin -
      A special edition and all they could do was paint it? Orange? ORANGE?!? Bleuuchhh.
      homerocks7 -
      is this to commemorate the giants winning the world season? if so I love it!
      DarkGreySti -
      no plans for a hatchback? man we get no love for the hatches...
      michaelwfox -
      Love it!
      Kwrxp -
      really like orange cars, damn wish these came out earlier.
      Zink -
      Quote Originally Posted by homerocks7 View Post
      is this to commemorate the giants winning the world season? if so I love it!
      Maybe for Halloween? It's a sweet color nonetheless.
      impretzel -
      sounds like another markup reason. i would have wanted maybe a lighter brighter orange? meh
      PhoebeusFenix -
      I would totally take a burnt orange, but this, no thank you!

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
      Ruh Roh -
      -_- not impressed, a darker burnt orange^^ yes but this, not for me
      PhoebeusFenix -
      I think the 350z Orange color would look awesome on a wrx/Sri hatch.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
      Ruh Roh -
      think alittle darker than that and would be a great limited edition color but oh well
      Mikie13 -
      I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
      zax -
      meep
      DwnShft4WRX -
      Woulda been sold on a burnt orange. This choice seems...out of place. But I guess that's what they were going for.
      99pgpgt -
      I actually have one of these reserved at the dealership. Its not this exact color, it is a little more of a burnt orange. All pictures of them were "brightened" a bit.
      11blackSTi -
      the only thing i like is that the wheels are black. I love the color orange...but this just does not look good.
      99pgpgt -
      its actually a better looking orange than this...I don't know why sema posted such crappy quality shots of them...

watch this video and you'll see what the orange really looks like.

Subaru WRX CLUB SPEC 11 MY13 CSXI WRX 2013 1st One in Australia!!! - YouTube
      BombAtomic -
      A hatch and loose the stickers on the sides and you are on! Pass in the current configuration though.
      j1autowrecker -
      1993 wrx for parts right hand drive, turbo

604-941-1341
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

• Recent Community Threads

6spdtls

Thinking about getting J Pipe on stock catback and muffler

Thread Starter: 6spdtls

I live in Southern California where cops are notorious for giving fixing tickets for modded cars. So I probably would need the J Pipe that bolts on and

Last Post By: Goose42 Today, 11:00 AM Go to last post
    wrx1&allcarsR2nd

job relocation

Thread Starter: wrx1&allcarsR2nd

Hi guys and gals, got my wrx 3/28/2015 been 3 weeks now and put on 1107 miles and pretty soon first oil change.
    I got my job transfer to LAX

Last Post By: wrx1&allcarsR2nd Today, 10:01 AM Go to last post
    carlilesway

hey guys its been a while. Cars in the shop.

Thread Starter: carlilesway

Cylinder 1,2, and 3 misfire threw a CEL. Dealership cleared the code and drove it and said they heard some turbo noise and will be calling Subaru on Monday.

Last Post By: ProZach626 Today, 09:22 AM Go to last post
    6spdtls

2015 WRX AVG MPG gauge problem

Thread Starter: 6spdtls

I have 2015 WRX base model and I just found out the the instant avg mpg gauge(the middle one) fluctuates down by less than 1 and keeps increasing....it

Last Post By: NSR Rider Today, 12:18 PM Go to last post
    Urabus 5102

Hello clubwrx!

Thread Starter: Urabus 5102

Hey all, just joined up. Going to pick up a WRX Monday after work if the deal is good. Looking at getting a base model with as few options as possible.

Last Post By: Germz to Japz Yesterday, 08:20 PM Go to last post
    IrishStrick

New Owner

Thread Starter: IrishStrick

Hi everyone I'm new here. Back in March I got my first WRX an 07 5-speed it's a blast to drive. Always wanted one since I was a teenager an now I have

Last Post By: ProZach626 Today, 09:27 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Tech & Modifying & General Repairs Threads

rafez

Raspberry Pi B+ with BT or USB ELM327 for reading OBD II stats

Thread Starter: rafez

Hello,
    Did anyone managed to get readouts from your WRX 2009 with Raspberry and ELM327? Can some one point me to some software which can work with

Last Post By: rafez Today, 09:02 AM Go to last post
    Germz to Japz

How To Paint (safely)

Thread Starter: Germz to Japz

Hey!

So I really wanna paint my "wrx" emblems red because everyone knows that adds easily 10whp to the car...

Last Post By: irickchad Today, 11:56 AM Go to last post
    LVeraSky

Price on STi spoiler?

Thread Starter: LVeraSky

do anyone know how much does it cost to buy a STi spoiler from dealership? i got quote all differently from vary locations.

Last Post By: wrx1&allcarsR2nd Today, 10:34 AM Go to last post
    WrxNate

Weird sound

Thread Starter: WrxNate

Hey guys, long time no post. Anyways, today I was making a left turn on a poorly maintained road and heard a clunk. Now when I start the car I hear

Last Post By: WrxNate Yesterday, 08:08 PM Go to last post
    scoobaru03

Low compression Cylinder 4

Thread Starter: scoobaru03

Well I have low compression on cylinder 4 and only cylinder 4. 75 psi so sad, its rings...shocker i know....so I'm going to to pistons with new rings,

Last Post By: scoobaru03 Yesterday, 01:47 PM Go to last post
    wgokc

Wheel Width

Thread Starter: wgokc

Am I going to see a big difference in performance/handling going from the 17x8 stock wheel to a 17x7.5 after market? Is the 1/2" going to make that big

Last Post By: 11blackSTi Yesterday, 01:24 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Marketplace Threads

CCastro23WRX

WTB Perrin Turbo Inlet 08 WRX

Thread Starter: CCastro23WRX

Hey guys looking for an 08 WRX Perrin Turbo Inlet. Black or Red please thank you

Last Post By: CCastro23WRX Today, 10:17 AM Go to last post
    jghegedus

set of 205/55/16 Hankook Winter iPike RS almost new off of a tame 2005 WRX

Thread Starter: jghegedus

I just bought this set before I had to sell my 2005 WRX. The tires are only 2 months old and I had barely driven on them. I paid $653.80 for them and

Last Post By: jghegedus Today, 12:08 AM Go to last post
    Jfaz

Vic slimline number plates "MAD REX"

Thread Starter: Jfaz

Vic slimline number plates "MAD REX" $900 ONO, priv message me or email me on jasfazlic@bigpond.com

Last Post By: irickchad Today, 08:11 AM Go to last post
    rich8792

Should I buy wheel/tire insurance and the service plan?

Thread Starter: rich8792

Just got 2015 wrx

1) Wheel and tire coverage. Dent and door ding protection. Key replacement. $995.00 for 5 years

2)3 Year

Last Post By: nsibanez Today, 12:19 PM Go to last post
    NoahLovesWRXs

WRX as First Car

Thread Starter: NoahLovesWRXs

Hello everyone, I'm 15 and am really considering getting a 2002 Subaru WRX as my first car. I would be getting all the way in December but I wanted to

Last Post By: EJ257 Yesterday, 08:35 PM Go to last post
    BillyBlanks

Yakima Roof Rack System

Thread Starter: BillyBlanks

Hi,

I'm selling my Yakima Roof Rack System from my 2002 WRX. It comes with the Q towers, 48 in crossbars, Q78 clips, lock cores, and 38

Last Post By: Alphawolf541 Today, 10:27 AM Go to last post