ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums - Subaru WRX and WRX STi Special Editions Debut at SEMA 2012
  • Subaru WRX and WRX STi Special Editions Debut at SEMA 2012

"Subaru has pulled back the curtain on a pair of 2013 WRX and WRX STI Special Edition models ahead of their debut at the 2012 SEMA Show, which kicks off today in Las Vegas. Each car bows with a unique orange and black color scheme that carries over into the cabin. With black wheels, badges and side mirrors, it should easy to pick these machines out of a crowd. Indoors, designers have graced both sedans with a black headliner and the seats feature orange contrast stitching.

Mechanically, the Special Edition models remain unchanged from their more ordinary counterparts, which means buyers will enjoy 265 horsepower from the WRX and 305 ponies from the more muscular WRX STI. Even so, the flashy paint and trim might be enough to drag buyers to the showroom if you count yourself among that crowd, best get to getting. Subaru is only planning to produce 200 examples of the WRX and another 200 of the WRX STI. Check out the official press blast below for more information, and stay tuned for our live shots from the SEMA show floor."

Source: autoblog
    Comments 19 Comments
      Soobvirgin -
      A special edition and all they could do was paint it? Orange? ORANGE?!? Bleuuchhh.
      homerocks7 -
      is this to commemorate the giants winning the world season? if so I love it!
      DarkGreySti -
      no plans for a hatchback? man we get no love for the hatches...
      michaelwfox -
      Love it!
      Kwrxp -
      really like orange cars, damn wish these came out earlier.
      Zink -
      Quote Originally Posted by homerocks7 View Post
      is this to commemorate the giants winning the world season? if so I love it!
      Maybe for Halloween? It's a sweet color nonetheless.
      impretzel -
      sounds like another markup reason. i would have wanted maybe a lighter brighter orange? meh
      PhoebeusFenix -
      I would totally take a burnt orange, but this, no thank you!

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
      Ruh Roh -
      -_- not impressed, a darker burnt orange^^ yes but this, not for me
      PhoebeusFenix -
      I think the 350z Orange color would look awesome on a wrx/Sri hatch.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
      Ruh Roh -
      think alittle darker than that and would be a great limited edition color but oh well
      Mikie13 -
      I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
      zax -
      meep
      DwnShft4WRX -
      Woulda been sold on a burnt orange. This choice seems...out of place. But I guess that's what they were going for.
      99pgpgt -
      I actually have one of these reserved at the dealership. Its not this exact color, it is a little more of a burnt orange. All pictures of them were "brightened" a bit.
      11blackSTi -
      the only thing i like is that the wheels are black. I love the color orange...but this just does not look good.
      99pgpgt -
      its actually a better looking orange than this...I don't know why sema posted such crappy quality shots of them...

watch this video and you'll see what the orange really looks like.

Subaru WRX CLUB SPEC 11 MY13 CSXI WRX 2013 1st One in Australia!!! - YouTube
      BombAtomic -
      A hatch and loose the stickers on the sides and you are on! Pass in the current configuration though.
      j1autowrecker -
      1993 wrx for parts right hand drive, turbo

604-941-1341
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

• Recent Community Threads

madTbagger

Gas tank flap

Thread Starter: madTbagger

I just got done wiping gas off the side of my car.... As I was fueling gas randomly just exploded out of the tank. When I looked down, the little metal

Last Post By: Steemax Today, 10:43 AM Go to last post
    dorsodurojohn

Base '15/'16 WRX'ers question

Thread Starter: dorsodurojohn

Those who have a base model, do your window switches on the drivers door have a back light to them? Mine is lit for the driver window, I think the mirror

Last Post By: 90Duck Yesterday, 10:17 PM Go to last post
    snowbelt_subie

new to subie's from cleveland

Thread Starter: snowbelt_subie

Hey everyone i am from the east side of cleveland. i just got a 02 wrx clean 5 speed 99k miles stock babied. previously had mustangs 3 different modded

Last Post By: snowbelt_subie Yesterday, 07:41 AM Go to last post
    gc350z

18 year old, just bought a new to me 2015 wrx

Thread Starter: gc350z

Whats up fellow subie owners. Like the title states I just purchased my second car, a 2015 wrx. I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.

Last Post By: gc350z Yesterday, 09:55 PM Go to last post
    Bgtonio1991

New to rhe subaru family

Thread Starter: Bgtonio1991

Im currently trying to buy a subaru wrx impreza 2011 and i need yall opinion is that a good year when it comes to performance or should i go 2012 or 3013?

Last Post By: XJman Yesterday, 05:33 AM Go to last post
    dorsodurojohn

WRX vs Godzilla R34 GTR on paper

Thread Starter: dorsodurojohn

I just love the R34, I have been youtubing the crap out of it, and just a little shocked at the power output in stock trim. So I wanted to see a comparo

Last Post By: TH1slowGTR Yesterday, 10:23 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Tech & Modifying & General Repairs Threads

kris142b

Doing valve cover seals, what else

Thread Starter: kris142b

My valve cover seals are starting to go so I'm gonna pick up some new ones next paycheck. Curious if there's any other recommended maintenance to knock

Last Post By: zax Today, 09:31 AM Go to last post
    B0Osted16rex

Cold start issues - 2016 WRX

Thread Starter: B0Osted16rex

Hey guys,

Now that we've gotten into the single digits for a few nights here in CO I have noticed that when I attempt to start the car

Last Post By: 4EverMetal Today, 10:45 AM Go to last post
    Wasatcher

STi bearing like rattle

Thread Starter: Wasatcher

Ok guys first of all I've searched this topic up thoroughly not only on here, but NASIOC, and the whole of the internet.

I have a rattle,

Last Post By: Wasatcher Today, 05:14 AM Go to last post
    08WRXStorm

08 WRX Stock BCS went to crap, Am I forced to tune with new BCS now ?

Thread Starter: 08WRXStorm

I'll try to keep it short, 08 wrx, havent done anything recently, was stepping on it pretty good in last gear, received CEL TC CC lights and a fuel cut,

Last Post By: MainFrame Today, 07:34 AM Go to last post
    testcrasher1

Low Boost after Turbo Inlet install

Thread Starter: testcrasher1

Hey guys,

I drive a 2012 wrx. Earlier I had a a question on whether or not I should clamp my BOV return hose coming off the inlet and I have

Last Post By: MainFrame Today, 10:44 AM Go to last post
    DKKING

Misfire in cylinder 3 again?

Thread Starter: DKKING

It's been a while since my check engine light has turned on and told me it was misfire on cylinder 3. I fixed it by changing the Spark plugs and its been

Last Post By: DKKING Today, 07:21 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Marketplace Threads

trbomike

Looking at a 09 WRX

Thread Starter: trbomike

Hey guys, looking at a 09 with 109k miles. second owner, service records, mild mods (suspension, accessport, etc). He's asking 12k.. what do you think

Last Post By: trbomike Yesterday, 11:20 AM Go to last post
    JayWREX

Advice on Buying A New WRX

Thread Starter: JayWREX

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a 2017 wrx , and all my friends who have a subaru are telling me its not worth it because id be putting

Last Post By: Firefighterjake Yesterday, 04:36 PM Go to last post
    All4trcr@aol.com

08-14 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX 5 SPEED MT

Thread Starter: All4trcr@aol.com

08-14 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION OEM TRANS 160K 2.5L TURBO.
    NEEDS THIRD AND FOURTH GEAR SYNCHRO THEY ARE WORN. FIRST,SECOND

Last Post By: All4trcr@aol.com Yesterday, 07:28 AM Go to last post
    dposs

Dunlop SportMaxx 235/45/17's - 4 tires - less than 300 miles

Thread Starter: dposs

Swapping out the SportMaxx's that came on my 2017 WRX Base. These will have less than 300 miles on them when I do the swap. I am willing to ship on

Last Post By: dposs Yesterday, 06:14 AM Go to last post