ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums - Subaru WRX and WRX STi Special Editions Debut at SEMA 2012
  • Subaru WRX and WRX STi Special Editions Debut at SEMA 2012

"Subaru has pulled back the curtain on a pair of 2013 WRX and WRX STI Special Edition models ahead of their debut at the 2012 SEMA Show, which kicks off today in Las Vegas. Each car bows with a unique orange and black color scheme that carries over into the cabin. With black wheels, badges and side mirrors, it should easy to pick these machines out of a crowd. Indoors, designers have graced both sedans with a black headliner and the seats feature orange contrast stitching.

Mechanically, the Special Edition models remain unchanged from their more ordinary counterparts, which means buyers will enjoy 265 horsepower from the WRX and 305 ponies from the more muscular WRX STI. Even so, the flashy paint and trim might be enough to drag buyers to the showroom if you count yourself among that crowd, best get to getting. Subaru is only planning to produce 200 examples of the WRX and another 200 of the WRX STI. Check out the official press blast below for more information, and stay tuned for our live shots from the SEMA show floor."

Source: autoblog
    Comments 19 Comments
      Soobvirgin -
      A special edition and all they could do was paint it? Orange? ORANGE?!? Bleuuchhh.
      homerocks7 -
      is this to commemorate the giants winning the world season? if so I love it!
      DarkGreySti -
      no plans for a hatchback? man we get no love for the hatches...
      michaelwfox -
      Love it!
      Kwrxp -
      really like orange cars, damn wish these came out earlier.
      Zink -
      Quote Originally Posted by homerocks7 View Post
      is this to commemorate the giants winning the world season? if so I love it!
      Maybe for Halloween? It's a sweet color nonetheless.
      impretzel -
      sounds like another markup reason. i would have wanted maybe a lighter brighter orange? meh
      PhoebeusFenix -
      I would totally take a burnt orange, but this, no thank you!

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
      Ruh Roh -
      -_- not impressed, a darker burnt orange^^ yes but this, not for me
      PhoebeusFenix -
      I think the 350z Orange color would look awesome on a wrx/Sri hatch.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
      Ruh Roh -
      think alittle darker than that and would be a great limited edition color but oh well
      Mikie13 -
      I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
      zax -
      DwnShft4WRX -
      Woulda been sold on a burnt orange. This choice seems...out of place. But I guess that's what they were going for.
      99pgpgt -
      I actually have one of these reserved at the dealership. Its not this exact color, it is a little more of a burnt orange. All pictures of them were "brightened" a bit.
      11blackSTi -
      the only thing i like is that the wheels are black. I love the color orange...but this just does not look good.
      99pgpgt -
      its actually a better looking orange than this...I don't know why sema posted such crappy quality shots of them...

watch this video and you'll see what the orange really looks like.

Subaru WRX CLUB SPEC 11 MY13 CSXI WRX 2013 1st One in Australia!!! - YouTube
      BombAtomic -
      A hatch and loose the stickers on the sides and you are on! Pass in the current configuration though.
      j1autowrecker -
      1993 wrx for parts right hand drive, turbo

Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

• Recent Community Threads

Thread Starter: techandtest

Hello everyone, Just bought a 2016 WRX last night.

Last Post By: unseen Yesterday, 08:47 PM Go to last post

Newbie to Subie

Thread Starter: Wrx_sa

Greetings All,

After an impulse, created by my friend, I bought a 2015 WRX Base. So far the car has been awesome. It's been somewhat off

Last Post By: Goose42 Yesterday, 06:48 PM Go to last post

Question about engine break in

Thread Starter: dsonyay

2015 WRX.. About 130 miles ... Owners manual states not to go over 4000 rpm for first 1000 miles.. Geez.. I've done that a few times already, I've

Last Post By: XJman Yesterday, 07:10 PM Go to last post

Hypertech vs Cobb

Thread Starter: Callahan

I have the Cobb accessport and SF airbox for my 2013 WRX and am pleased with my stage one tune. I have recently discovered that Hypertech also makes a

Last Post By: EJ257 Yesterday, 09:30 PM Go to last post

2002 over heating

Thread Starter: NorthAZbugeye

my cars temp gauge was fluctuating on my way down to thanksgiving and when i was going to leave in the morning it was hot. So i assumed it was the thermostat

Last Post By: XJman Yesterday, 04:09 PM Go to last post

Affordablity for an WRX

Thread Starter: broncos10

Hey guys, I was out looking at a 2012 WRX today with 70k clicks and got a quote for around 430 a month roughly at 6 years with 2 years of warranty left,

Last Post By: STI Version6 Today, 03:45 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Tech & Modifying & General Repairs Threads

2015 WRX Exhaust Noises

Thread Starter: lordhedgie

Obligatory apology for not knowing as much as I should about car maintenance, but I'm learning. I did all my own maintenance in college, but once I got

Last Post By: lordhedgie Today, 09:23 AM Go to last post

another HID thread

Thread Starter: SirWalrus

If there are rules against posting these links, my apologies in advance.

Alright so after searching here I have come to the conclusion

Last Post By: XJman Yesterday, 09:10 PM Go to last post

Creating brake cooling ducts for the 2014 WRX

Thread Starter: Bilingham

Hi everyone,

This thread will show the steps I took to create functional air vents in the "foglight delete" panels on my 2014 WRX hatch. The objective is to channel this

Last Post By: Bilingham Today, 09:09 AM Go to last post

Intake with Cobb AP Decisions

Thread Starter: Kb524516

So I just broke in my 2016 base model WRX. I want to get an intake and now understand i should also purchase the Cobb AP to go with the intake i buy.

Last Post By: livid_wrx Yesterday, 11:43 AM Go to last post

awd? replaced passenger control arm strut...ETC do I replace the other side?

Thread Starter: duckydoodle25

I have a 2009 Subaru impreza WRX and i recently hit a curb avoiding a dog. I hit the curb directly with my passenger tire and had to have a lot replaced.

Last Post By: duckydoodle25 Yesterday, 11:26 AM Go to last post

All-over hail damage on '02 WRX

Thread Starter: calebx25

I bought a salvage-title 2002 WRX sedan which is covered in hail dings. According to the dealer it was totaled out because it's on

Last Post By: MainFrame Yesterday, 12:01 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Marketplace Threads

Cobb AccessPort For Sale - Subaru WRX MT

Thread Starter: JDNEPA

I have a Cobb Accessport that I bought for my 2015 WRX MT. I had an personal accident and shattered my left leg rending my ability to drive a manual

Last Post By: Pat1USMC Yesterday, 08:37 PM Go to last post

STI TMIC w/Y Pipe

Thread Starter: Rob_STI_PNW

300 picked up, 330 shipped
    No trades
    Comes with Y pipe.

360 609 2841
    Vancouver, WA Portland OR

Last Post By: Rob_STI_PNW Yesterday, 06:53 PM Go to last post

2002 Wrx *Hybrid* swap. 11,500.obo. *fresh paint*

Thread Starter: 920wotrex

For sale is my 02 wrx hybrid swap with a fresh paint job.
    Reason for sale? Stationed overseas, car is taking up space and don't have time for

Last Post By: 920wotrex Yesterday, 08:00 PM Go to last post

2002 WRX FS/FT

Thread Starter: a2ron95

I am mainly looking to sell or trade for an automatic 04-05 Forester XT with less than 130k miles and at least $1500 on top of it. I am located in central

Last Post By: a2ron95 Yesterday, 11:08 AM Go to last post

2014 WRX Hatchback OEM Catback Exhaust

Thread Starter: ClemsonWRX

2014 WRX Hatchback OEM Catback Exhaust for sale. Only 8,000 miles on it. Trying to get it out of my garage. Located in Southeastern PA.

Last Post By: ClemsonWRX Today, 08:07 AM Go to last post

5 Velozza zxv 235/45/17 $400 OBO

Thread Starter: eaglegreen

1 is patched with about 300 miles on it the other 4 have 4500 on them tread is great. I got them last year as all seasons and went with Blizzak this year.

Last Post By: eaglegreen Yesterday, 07:56 AM Go to last post