ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums - 2012 Subaru Impreza - A Closer Look
  • 2012 Subaru Impreza - A Closer Look

The fourth generation 2012 Subaru Impreza has arrived, and to paraphrase Huey Lewis, the first thing you might notice is that it's hip to be square... er. Underneath its skin, the new Impreza says a few things that Americans aren't so used to nor so fond of hearing, like the fact that it has a smaller-displacement engine with less horsepower.

If that's the step backward, though, there are more than two steps forward: It's lighter, faster, more frugal, stiffer, nicer inside, has a better suspension and more interior room, all the while being the same size as the previous generation. Said Subaru Production Line Manager James Todd, "it's all upside."

We'll let you decide that. But in the meantime...

Source: Autoblog
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012 Subaru Impreza - A Closer Look started by Justin@ClubWRX View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
      GarrettKoonsman -
      Excited to see the WRX and STI. Better be a big improvement in aggresiveness or sales will be in trouble
      zax -
      I like how Subaru has opted to go against the typical American behavior of making things bigger and heavier with each updated model...
      ElVerde -
      I really can't stand the front end of these cars...especially the grille. We'll see when a widebody version comes out...maybe in 2013?

I guess part of me hopes it's hideous so my 2011 keeps looking good by comparison.
      IRONMANG -
      I must see the WRX and STI versions before I lay judgement. Seeing that the 2011 widebody version is doing so well, I hope the new 2012 won't derail them.
      SubieMonte -
      looks like I'll be holding onto my 2005 WRX Wagon for a couple more years.
      joesubaru7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
      I like how Subaru has opted to go against the typical American behavior of making things bigger and heavier with each updated model...
      Must be working though. Record breaking sales...
      mudferret -
      I can see hidden potential that could really work well with the WRX/STI versions if it's played right. The hatch looks awkward; seems to be too much of a clash of flowing lines and then sharp angles.
      LetsWRCinmyWRX -
      Looks like the current Legacy...
      Rambo -
      My bugeye weeps for the future...

Let's hope the WRX/STIs dramatically change the styling. That sedan is starting to look more like a Camry...
      clarker01 -
      Interior- Nice! Exterior- YUCK!
      nickolasjamison -
      Subarus are like Korn albums, the new one comes out and the last one doesn't seem so bad. I'll like it in a few years lol.
      Nah_Bodi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
      My bugeye weeps for the future...

Let's hope the WRX/STIs dramatically change the styling. That sedan is starting to look more like a Camry...
      Yep...looks like a bland sedan.
      ubermedic -
      yeah, bought my 2011 rex at just the right time it seems.....
      Sinister -
      oh man... Subaru.... Seriously?
      SRAM -
      Quote Originally Posted by ubermedic View Post
      yeah, bought my 2011 rex at just the right time it seems.....
      +1 I kinda bought the car on impulse. Thought I was gonna regret it. But until I see the WRX/STI I remain skeptical.
      cosmokramer1 -
      The hatchback has some awkward body lines to it. Hmmm, time will tell...
      acwrx -
      HUGGEE potential in WRX/STI form. cant waitttt
      Murt -
      I like the station wagon version, not liking the saloon. Maybe nice set of wheels would help.
      IamCraiger -
      from the pics, ill say this time around I like the aesthetics of the sedan better than the hatch... quite the opposite before..
      fordtruck76_390 -
      In my opinion the Hatchback version this time looks a lot like the Dodge Caliber. I'm not fan, hopefully the WRX and STI will make some improvements to the body style.
  • Album Pictures

Front
    Moehejazi
    had to retrofit this "sedan only" Lip Spoiler
    Black_N_Blue2002
    photo 7
    subaguru
    thats me with the camera
    02scoobydo
    Street Sweeper
    Guero
    JAVA BLACK PEARL WITH ROTA WHEELS