Ran my neighbor's Harley!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ran my neighbor's Harley! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My next door neighbor is a true "Buy American" kinda guy. He drives a Dodge, his wife drives a Chevy ...

Ran my neighbor's Harley!

My next door neighbor is a true "Buy American" kinda guy. He drives a Dodge, his wife drives a Chevy and his Harley is his toy. I don't really talk to him too much, except when I am out in the yard sweeping the rocks. Anyway, I passed him on the 202 west bound not knowing it was him. Next thing I know he is next to me with those dam loud ass pipes. I went to 4rth and nailed it and to his surprise, he couldn't keep up. When we got home he said that he wanted to have one more run. We had one more at his request from a 10 roll on. Lets just say he wasn't too sure of what happened. When we got back he came over to see what I had done and I told him a few of things (not all) I had done and he said "I now have respect for the Japanese 4 cylinders."

At 1945, he had 2 of his friends come over that wanted to run me. Another Harley, and an 02 Z06. I was a bit mad at first that they came to my house but the Vette owner said that he took a beating from an SRT4 and was kinda glad I didn't want to run. At that point, I came clean with all the mods and the Z06 owner said I would definitely win from a dig, but not sure from a roll. He also said that he has an 06 in route now. The other Harley owner didn't understand how a car could beat a bike. My neighbor told him "I didn't think it was possible either till today"

All in all, yesterday afternoon turned out to be a A OK!
    SR55 w/all supporting mods. 341.4 awhp on a dyno dynamics, 18lbs on crap AZ91.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker

...1945, he had 2 of his friends come over that wanted to run me. .
    Please try to be more timely when telling your stories. That was 60 years ago!

Most of the big cruisers are 12-14 second bikes (1/4 mile). I think the V-Rod might be high 11's, but I'm not positive on that... Nice to do some relaxed cruising on, but not built for real speed.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Imagine in 1945 having an 02 Z06....sweet
    2013 WRX SWP

Sorry, 1945 is 7:45 PM in military time. I thought everyone knew military time.

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Sorry, 1945 is 7:45 PM in military time. I thought everyone knew military time.
    I got it... nice kill
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    I am going to laugh at you every time you do this.... therefore:

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My next door neighbor is a true "Buy American" kinda guy. He drives a Dodge, his wife drives a Chevy and his Harley is his toy. I don't really talk to him too much, except when I am out in the yard sweeping the rocks. Anyway, I passed him on the 202 west bound not knowing it was him. Next thing I know he is next to me with those dam loud ass pipes. I went to 4rth and nailed it and to his surprise, he couldn't keep up. When we got home he said that he wanted to have one more run. We had one more at his request from a 10 roll on. Lets just say he wasn't too sure of what happened. When we got back he came over to see what I had done and I told him a few of things (not all) I had done and he said "I now have respect for the Japanese 4 cylinders."

At 1945, he had 2 of his friends come over that wanted to run me. Another Harley, and an 02 Z06. I was a bit mad at first that they came to my house but the Vette owner said that he took a beating from an SRT4 and was kinda glad I didn't want to run. At that point, I came clean with all the mods and the Z06 owner said I would definitely win from a dig, but not sure from a roll. He also said that he has an 06 in route now. The other Harley owner didn't understand how a car could beat a bike. My neighbor told him "I didn't think it was possible either till today"

All in all, yesterday afternoon turned out to be a A OK!
    SR55 w/all supporting mods. 341.4 awhp on a dyno dynamics, 18lbs on crap AZ91.

nice runs! How fast are most Harley's? I had always assumed they were nothing special (low 15's to maybe mid 14's in some) but I had no idea that some were 12 and 13 sec bikes like Dan00Hawk suggested. anyways, good kill, running that Z06 would have been VERY interesting!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    nice runs! How fast are most Harley's? I had always assumed they were nothing special (low 15's to maybe mid 14's in some) but I had no idea that some were 12 and 13 sec bikes like Dan00Hawk suggested. anyways, good kill, running that Z06 would have been VERY interesting!
    I mentioned "cruisers", not just Harleys. Some of the Yamaha and Kawasaki cruisers/rods like the V-Max and others like that do have some good punch. The one's loaded down with saddlebags, big windscreens, and guy wearing the "If you can read this, then the b!tch fell off!" t-shirts you probably don't have to worry about being very quick. If they've got a big fat ass tire in the back, though, there's probably a reason for needing the extra traction.

I knew it was military time too, but figured there'd be some people who wouldn't get it, and I wanted to contribute to the potential confusion with it being April 1 and all.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

J-H
    I hate to post this, but I have never lost a race to a Harley-type bike......a couple from a dig and a couple on the highway...all the way up to 120+

It is funny to see how they react....It was not total ownage but I was in front

I guess I just need to run into one of them fat-tires one......I always thought that it was for extra support....ya know.....the bike kinda needed it to support the rather larger rider....I thought tire size was proportional to riders size......

Now rocket pockets....that's a different story....had a guy run me from a stop....at 60mph he pulled the bike up on one wheel and was GONE! This was a night also....he had some ballz I'll tell you that...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Harleys by no means are fast bikes. Mostly 14 second bikes, and that is with professionals testing them. Harley has become nothing more then a name and a crappy bike. It's really a shame what lawyers, accountants and dentists have done to harley. Oh well, you should buy what you like.

I would rather push a honda then ride a harley.

I Support ClubWRX
    I ripped my friends sportster from a 20-60 roll. He was shocked. I think he's still in denial

Just thought I would point something out real quick. The Harley V-Rod runs NOTHING close to 11's in the 1/4. More like 13's. I raced quit a few on my 2k4 GSX-R600 and it wasn't pretty. By the way, my GSX-R runs low 12's high 11's I believe.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

An '04 Gix is more like a low 11's high 10's bike, making nearly as much power as a V-rod and weighing about 200 pounds less.

Harley has made no HP gains in over 40 years that aren't displacement related. They are rolling chicanes on a twisty road. Every car and motorcycle I have ever driven on the Dragon has been seriously held up by a hog, including a Kia Sephia pulling a 500lb utility trailer. %uck Harley. I hope you guys can blow them all away.

Maybe having every other motorcycle on the road destroy them from light to light isn't enough. They might need lessons from 4cyl 4door sedans too. If that doesn't send a message to HD then they have no shame.

BTW the 109whp 1000cc twin V-rod engine is a Porsche design. Harley designed the boat anchor chassis.
    Last edited by britishbikes; 04-02-2005 at 03:32 AM.

congratulations on beating a tractor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast