Finally saw a 350Z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally saw a 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OMG IT'S UGLY MOMMY MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!...

Finally saw a 350Z

OMG IT'S UGLY
    MOMMY MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have to agree, I had been really excited about this car for a while, was sending pictures via email to my father telling him all about it and such, and then when I saw my first one on the road, it did not turn my head like I thought it would. It just looked like a Audi TT that had a Buck Rodgers makeover, and what is the business about all models coming with the same wheels, engine, and suspension, where does the extra performance come from in the "track" version, cause it is certainly much more expensive.......

-joe

I've seen three and I still want one.

COLOR makes a HUGE DIFF. I want white or blue now.

-Jim

I would imagine that is true, I saw one in a bronze-like color and it looked very unassuming, and as with all cars the lower/cheapest models always look awful as compared to the top of the line version, so maybe it was a "cheap" one, but I still was not impressed.

-joe

im really not a big fan of the styling. i do respect the power and handling ability of that car but the back end of that car just doesnt do it for and the front kind of looks like a celica. just my 2 cents. most of my friends are Nissan lovers especially fans of the Z cars and want to kill me for saying something about that car
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Styling is GOOD, just not as good as I thought it was going to be (after seeing it hyped for so long in pictures). I think it'e something about the doorhandles and the wheel wells... Dunno.

Saw a black track edition running at the drags (with paper tags on it! ) last weekend to the tune of 14.50's... That's ~14.0's for your mainland types (after the sucky Hawaiian weather conversion factor). Not bad.

The guy told me he did pay $34k+ for the thing though. OUCH.

If I was younger I think this car would appeal to me more. Being a fogey (30!!) I like my 4-doors and quirky styling.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    im really not a big fan of the styling. i do respect the power and handling ability of that car but the back end of that car just doesnt do it for and the front kind of looks like a celica. just my 2 cents. most of my friends are Nissan lovers especially fans of the Z cars and want to kill me for saying something about that car
    I just want one or a friend to buy one so I can make exhaust, intake, and/or N2O and turbo kits for it. [shrug]

-Jim

I think the 350Z looks great. I'm just glad sports cars are coming back again...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

I think it looks good close up with the bulging fenders and all. From a distance it doesn't look nearly as good. It's funny hearing a bunch of WRX owners judging the looks of another otherwise great car (like ours). Does anyone hate the way the 350Z headlights look?

Re: Finally saw a 350Z

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    OMG IT'S UGLY
    MOMMY MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!
    That's what they say about our cars

But on a serious note, I think it's ok. I haven't seen one up close (only in pics) but it's not that bad...

~joe

Saw one two weeks ago on the highway doing about 75 and the back end was bouncing like a Honda with cut springs. I wouldn't think the car had work done to it since it had dealer plates on it. I love that sports cars are finally coming back to the states but the price tags and the mark up on new sports cars is insane. Just my 2 cents.
    It's not a damn beanbag!

Pretty but Blah

I find the new Z Pretty but altogether boring - it looks cool when you first see it rolling down the road, but I think after a bit of time it will look just as mundane and uninteresting as a Camry or an Accord. If you look at the 350Z body, it really does have the same boring lines as 90% of the new cars out there, and unless its painted a shocking color, I think it will be just another boring coupe rolling down the road. Now, if you get a turbo kit bolted on to it, that could change the picure a little bit....

Cheers

JaMa

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

I just want one or a friend to buy one so I can make exhaust, intake, and/or N2O and turbo kits for it. [shrug]

-Jim
    I read in our local paper that Nissan is releasing performance parts (exhaust, intake, ??) for dealer installation under the factory warranty. Looks like they're trying to get a good system up like TRD is for Toyota.

I Support ClubWRX
    I saw one last weekend and man is that thing fuqing ugly. The front end looks fine, but when you get towards the rears, ugggghhhh. Baby definately don't have BACK. Looks like an Audi TT and a Lexus Humpback 2 seater got together and looked what popped out.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

The 350Z is the dreamiest car on the road IMHO...after my WRX of course. Oh who am I kidding. It looks better than my car. This kid at my school drives a silver one. It's soooo sweet

I have to agree with Platinum WRX, color makes the differenc on those cars. I personally like the silver and white. I'm yet to see a blue one. I saw a red one that was disgusting. The pics in magazines don't do it any justice either.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.