Finally saw a 350Z - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally saw a 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by COMATZD I read in our local paper that Nissan is releasing performance parts (exhaust, intake, ??) for ...

Originally posted by COMATZD
    I read in our local paper that Nissan is releasing performance parts (exhaust, intake, ??) for dealer installation under the factory warranty. Looks like they're trying to get a good system up like TRD is for Toyota.
    Correct, Nismo is comin to te USA.

And tere was muc rejoicin!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my best friend with the supra we're selling, wanted to originally buy a 350Z he was in love with them, and made it his screen saver, and forced me too look at pictures of the car, I wasn't really impressed with the looks, but performance was not bad, and I think they used the maxima engine right?

anyways when our nissan dealership got two in they called him up to get down there fast, and we did, and I saw one in silver and one in black I believe, I HATED them. I honestly thought they looked like audi TT's. I love the TT's, but this car looked like it's evil twin. To make a long story short, he is now going to buy a wrx!

Not to mention the couple that I've seen around my town have women in their 30's driving them, that wouldn't know the difference between a manual and an automatic...I'm not bitter!
    Last edited by SwedeWRX; 09-26-2002 at 05:32 PM.
    Låt mig se dig avklädd!

Forced to box.

"That's the trouble, a sex symbol becomes a thing. But if I'm going to be a symbol of something, I'd rather have it sex than some other things we've got symbols of." MM

I just say my first one today. Grey, looked AWESOME. Jim I'm so jealous you have one now, it's the most badass looking car I've seen in a while. A fresh new look that isn't trying to break 47 different molds!

Banned
    I saw my first yersterday, it was black, but it turned quickly and went past.

Pug
    A couple of them are floating around the SF Bay Area, seen a blue and a grey so far, both colors look pretty sharp. The look definitely will take a bit of getting used to, but I think I like it.

Originally posted by COMATZTD

I read in our local paper that Nissan is releasing performance parts (exhaust, intake, ??) for dealer installation under the factory warranty. Looks like they're trying to get a good system up like TRD is for Toyota.
    TRD can kiss my azzz...they haven't really done anything for us except an exhaust and some sport springs.

Oh..and some performance brake upgrades for a car that goes 60-0 in 112 feet.

Like we need MORE stopping power over more HORSEPOWER...

Maybe Nissan will show Toyota how to REALLY support a car...
    Last edited by ArchangelX; 09-28-2002 at 06:57 AM.
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

I've heard rumors of the track edition coming turbo charged w/in a year or two, which would make that car all kinds of awesome.

I'm still more of a fan of the 2nd series 300s, though. they have a more aggressive and less of the lexus/audi look to them.

i agree.......i DO NOT like the looks of the 350Z... *flame suit on*
    lol.....but as with all cars and styling, its just a personal opinion.....and you know what they say about opinions!!!!!
    DML

The current "Rumor" is that there will be a Competition Nismo model that will be stripped except for the "Track Models" go fast parts.

The Current Track Model is one of the heaviest models you can get (go figure), but the Competition model should make a nice club racer.

The Twin turbo/V8 model will most likely appear as an Infinity Model, probably as the GT-R. It will make serious power (400+). The price will reflect this though.

WRX vs Z

had a friendly race w/ one tonight, w/ a grey one w/ RI plates- had not been partial to the design of the car, but seeing it tonight really did surprise me, how nice it looks.

as for performance- those cars are quick. i'm at stage 0. we didn't get a chance to start at a line, so i wonder how it would have faired out.

definitely a nice car- although the rear just looks really funny.
    www.realultimatepower.net

I think it is a nice looking car, not to mention performance and price to boot.

Re: WRX vs Z

Originally posted by NEwrx
    had a friendly race w/ one tonight, w/ a grey one w/ RI plates- had not been partial to the design of the car, but seeing it tonight really did surprise me, how nice it looks.

as for performance- those cars are quick. i'm at stage 0. we didn't get a chance to start at a line, so i wonder how it would have faired out.

definitely a nice car- although the rear just looks really funny.
    So...who was ahead of who? I understand that you had a roll start, but I'm still curious as to who was faster from a roll.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

wrxin, the guy in the z was ahead of me, but he had been ahead of me the whole time, even before we started messing around. thus, don't know how accurate of an assessment that could be of who was faster than who, b/c he just mashed it while ahead of me in a one/1.5-laner.

at the light, after we had chatted for a minute, i gave him the signal, but he didn't do anything. hopefully i'll see him (or another) again.

Originally posted by NEwrx
    wrxin, the guy in the z was ahead of me, but he had been ahead of me the whole time, even before we started messing around. thus, don't know how accurate of an assessment that could be of who was faster than who, b/c he just mashed it while ahead of me in a one/1.5-laner.

at the light, after we had chatted for a minute, i gave him the signal, but he didn't do anything. hopefully i'll see him (or another) again.
    I can't wait to try my luck against one of those. I forget which magazine it was, but the WRX and 350z are supposed to be close to dead even in performance. So I guess the driver of each car will play a major role in the outcome of the race.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

yeah, i can't wait either, to race one head to head. i may push boost to ~1.13-1.14 (x100kPa) we shall see.

next up, i think samco hoses sounds nice.

what mods you running, wrxin?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.