WRX vs Porche Cayenne

This is a discussion on WRX vs Porche Cayenne within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i haven't gotten in any races in a long time. I was comming home from work at a light ...

WRX vs Porche Cayenne S

Well i haven't gotten in any races in a long time. I was comming home from work at a light i noticed a CayenneS behind me, black all shiny. There were three lanes at the light i was first in line in the middle lane. When the light turned green i went at a good rate but i didn't gun it. I noticed the Porche signal and get to the right lane and try to pass me so i gave it a bit of gas and he followed pretty good. We got stopped at the next light both first in line. He was in the right lane and that lane branches off to the right a little over an 1/8 mile up the road. I knew he was going to try to fly by and cut me off so i was ready. This light is at a slight incline and you can't see when the other light turns red so there was no chance for a launch. The light turned green and i let out the clutch like i would at any other light then i gunned it. the Porche gunned it right off the line, i put about 1/2 car on him through first and i shifted into 2nd with the typical bog that i really can't avoid, the porche got even then i put about a fender on him to 50mph in which he had to slow down and get behind me. He later cut me off and weaved through traffic like he was driving a ferrari. The porche sounded really nice when he had it WOT. My car has a short throw shifter and a lightweight pulley.

On a side note the only way i can avoid the bog from the 1-2 shift is when i shift into 2nd i actually start letting the clutch out as im putting the car into 2nd gear and the instant i put it in gear the clutch is at its catching point. Great way to grind the gears if you don't get it perfect but thats the only way i can do it without the car bogging for a second. Does this have something to do with the closed loop open loop or is it something with the gearing? Do mods fix this at all or is the wrx always hard to keep from bogging down on the 1-2 shift?
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 03-31-2005 at 03:28 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not a Turbo Cayenne, clearly.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Not a Turbo Cayenne, clearly.

Nope it was an S
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe I know, you said that. I was just saying that because the Turbo is an animal. I had the pleasure of hearing one go WOT next to me a few months ago. I didn't even try.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice job. The guys in those Porsches' are a pretty arogant lot.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Hehe I know, you said that. I was just saying that because the Turbo is an animal. I had the pleasure of hearing one go WOT next to me a few months ago. I didn't even try.
    Yeah i know what the turbo is capable of and even the S could give a stock WRX a hard time.

J-H
    I am not sre what you mean by bog in 2nd gear....

If you stretch 1st up to 6k or 6.5k and you get 2nd really quick, the car jumps....it is the most noticeable shift in my car.....I

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

I test drove the S with my dad. What a bore that car is. basically a sportscar that ate too many donuts and got all soft and bloated. handles like sh1t too. maybe good for an suv, but that's about it.

nice kill.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ always gives w3some feedback

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    I am not sre what you mean by bog in 2nd gear....

If you stretch 1st up to 6k or 6.5k and you get 2nd really quick, the car jumps....it is the most noticeable shift in my car.....I

Def not how my car is. I have driven a number of manual cars and i drag raced my last two cars a number of times, and i could shift the 1-2 shift smooth as butter and keep the car in its power band, with the wrx i get a really bad power surge when i shift into 2nd for a second then it kicks back in, the car bogs thats the best way to describe it. It has annoyed me since i got the car and kinda makes driving my wrx not so fun.
    Its a 2005 has 13,000 miles on it and has always acted this way. The car also seems to not pull its hardest until 5k rpms. It has an intial pull at around 3k when boost kicks in but levels out then gives you a second surge at like 5k rpms. The car has been rather disappointing since i got it. Im not really confident in racing much with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run
    those 2 words account for 90% of everything you post

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    those 2 words account for 90% of everything you post

If that is true then "Good Kill" and "nice runs only account for 5% respectfully....and to me that seems a little off.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"