WRX vs. Prelude - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Prelude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by §tī No offence or anything ,but the reason he held up so well is because' you haven't ...

Elm
    Quote Originally Posted by §tī
    No offence or anything ,but the reason he held up so well is because' you haven't mastered your car yet ' good kill nonetheless.
    I'd say so, I've only had it for about two months, and 1.5k miles. No drag strip visits yet.

But seriously, I dont think I'm that bad of a driver to do a 15 second run in a wrx. There isn't one thought in your guy's mind that he was using n20?
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Elm
    I'd say so, I've only had it for about two months, and 1.5k miles. No drag strip visits yet.

But seriously, I dont think I'm that bad of a driver to do a 15 second run in a wrx. There isn't one thought in your guy's mind that he was using n20?
    I doubt it very seriously. Once you get the hang of it launching wont be such a problem. The rex is a little different than other cars when it comes to launching. Once you are good at it, you will rip just about everyone a new one off the line especially a prelude. Thats the beauty of all wheel drive..............
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

that was a great,man. almost stock for stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Elm
    There isn't one thought in your guy's mind that he was using n20?
    well, preludes trap right around 93 mph or so. A stock wrx will trap about 94mph. So assuming he had (header, intake, exhaust) he could be trapping only about 1-2mph less than you. therefore, I doubt he was running nitrious.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Elm
    Hmmmm... Well I just installed my helix downpipe today. I don't think he'll keep up anymore It added a nice bit of kick in the mid range and top end. Now I need to save up for my helix catback and some EM
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

Elm, was the Lude like Padge's? if so, that's a gen 4. It most likely was a VTEC engine, but he'd want you to believe otherwise. Non-VTEC'd gen 4s go for 160hp. VTEC'd =190hp. I've owned a gen 3 and a gen 5 Lude. They are heavy cars...but they look light.
    One reason why I didn't get another one after the crash was because SO MANY people are ricing them out and it MAKES ME SICK!!!
    I never timed my 89, but I got my 98 *stock, except for spare taken out) to see 14.862 in the 1/4. I'd average 15 even
    I will try to dig up those if you would like.
    The Lude's engine is a good one, but the Lude overall is not something you want to take to the track. The Prelude does it's slicing and dicing on the twisties!!!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

If it's not VTEC, then it is gen 4 SI. I currently own 92 Prelude SI and one thing I can tell you is that it's mid 15s car at best.

Gen 4 VTEC lude can trap relatively high with bolt-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    If it's not VTEC, then it is gen 4 SI. I currently own 92 Prelude SI and one thing I can tell you is that it's mid 15s car at best.

Gen 4 VTEC lude can trap relatively high with bolt-ons.
    I probably know the answer, but it is 4WS?
    I saw one the other day, but it was shot to hell. In good shape, I'd TOTALLY ROCK IT!!!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.