Evo vs C5 corvette vs 350Z(SC)?TT? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Evo vs C5 corvette vs 350Z(SC)?TT? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by STiguy i saw a TT Z on a dyno a few weeks ago. It made 354whp and ...

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    i saw a TT Z on a dyno a few weeks ago. It made 354whp and did a 12.9 @112 on the dyno
    I'm sure this is just a typo...but how can et/trap speed done on a dyno machine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    i saw a TT Z on a dyno a few weeks ago. It made 354whp and did a 12.9 @112 on the dyno
    for a twin turbo you'd expect the numbers to be a lot better......the Z's a nice car but performance wise it's mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    until you spend away from the ps2 and spend it racing at the track.

lol, I dont play ps2. I dont play vid games period. This is simply by what I have witnessed. This does not change the fact that it is merely opinion if you feel a "V8 > I4". Some people prefer the torque of a V8 and dont mind the crappy reliability or 15mpg in a 12sec muscle car. Others would rather have less torque and buy a honda hatch and for $5k have a car that does the same 1/4mile, more reliable, gets 10mpg higher.

Its a give and take relationship which is based off of a relationship of subjective opinion and practicality. you cant feasibly argue this point as a proven whole, you can only argue it in reference to what you feel personally.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well from what I've wittnessed at the tracks v8's drag most 4cyl's around like they're nothing. I could care less about what you've heard or what you've read on the ineternet. Or what your opinion may be, the truth of the matter is that as far as performance goes v8's are greater than four cylinder "reliable" car.

Not only that but when you're getting into the mid 11's and lower they're a hell of a lot more reliable than any 4 cylinder car. You show me a 4 cylinder and I'll show you a car that's far from reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    lol, I dont play ps2. I dont play vid games period. This is simply by what I have witnessed. This does not change the fact that it is merely opinion if you feel a "V8 > I4". Some people prefer the torque of a V8 and dont mind the crappy reliability or 15mpg in a 12sec muscle car. Others would rather have less torque and buy a honda hatch and for $5k have a car that does the same 1/4mile, more reliable, gets 10mpg higher.

Its a give and take relationship which is based off of a relationship of subjective opinion and practicality. you cant feasibly argue this point as a proven whole, you can only argue it in reference to what you feel personally.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Well from what I've wittnessed at the tracks v8's drag most 4cyl's around like they're nothing. I could care less about what you've heard or what you've read on the ineternet. Or what your opinion may be, the truth of the matter is that as far as performance goes v8's are greater than four cylinder "reliable" car.

Not only that but when you're getting into the mid 11's and lower they're a hell of a lot more reliable than any 4 cylinder car. You show me a 4 cylinder and I'll show you a car that's far from reliable.
    if you are building a drag car a V8 is probably better, but in reference to just modding a daily driver, your argument holds nothing.

nevermind... its not worth my time to argue about this. no one will get anywhere
    Just call me Clark Kent

if you are building a drag car a V8 is probably better, but in reference to just modding a daily driver, your argument holds nothing.

nevermind... its not worth my time to argue about this. no one will get anywhere

Depends on what your definition of a 'daily driver' is. There are quite a few people locally that have pump 10 daily drivers. Spend some time on CTR, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    I'm sure this is just a typo...but how can et/trap speed done on a dyno machine?
    On certain dyno's you can do 0-60 and quarter mile runs. This was on a mustang dyno
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Hahah nice its always fun to be humbled everynow and then. I have to say the pics of the black gto with the apperance package are pretty sexy. The more I think about it from your previous post and the reasons you give it wouldnt be a bad idea if you did get the new GTO. However PLEASE and I beg PLEASE do not trade it in to the dealership please sell the EVO to someone who will love it.

With that in mind if you do get rid of the EVO and mod the GTO I uhhh want a ride next time you are in DE

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Some people prefer the torque of a V8 and dont mind the crappy reliability or 15mpg in a 12sec muscle car. Others would rather have less torque and buy a honda hatch and for $5k have a car that does the same 1/4mile, more reliable, gets 10mpg higher.
    My LS1 SS is a 12 second car but gets 25 mpg.

My Z06 is a 11 second car with current mods and still get 25+ mpg.

N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Unfortuneatly that z would never see that time...more like 13.2 at like 109mph...They too have huge traction issues.

Oh and my little i4 makes 380wheel torque....Not to shabby for a little 4 cyl. It seems to run most v8's out of the building. But then again it isnt as reliable as a v8 would be. But eh
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    My LS1 SS is a 12 second car but gets 25 mpg.

My Z06 is a 11 second car with current mods and still get 25+ mpg.

well then you doing some amazing stuff there buddy, because those cars dont get any where near that STOCK. either you dont how to calculate mpg or your have some amazing vehicles there and should not ger rid of them. unless you are refering to hw mpg
    Last edited by DTR rex; 04-04-2005 at 12:44 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent

J-H
    well then you doing some amazing stuff there buddy, because those cars dont get any where near that STOCK. either you dont how to calculate mpg or your have some amazing vehicles there and should not ger rid of them. unless you are refering to hw mpg

I know the V8 have a lot of torque and for that you can keep it in a high gear and get these MPG numbers....but anytime you hit the throttle your MPG average goes down VERY FAST.

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    I know the V8 have a lot of torque and for that you can keep it in a high gear and get these MPG numbers....but anytime you hit the throttle your MPG average goes down VERY FAST.

Kind of like getting a turbo'd car in boost.

BS. stock city/hwy rating is 19/28.

Granted these cars aren't daily drivers and they tend to see more hwy than city driving, the fact of the matter is, I get those mileage. The LSx engines are known for high power output and yet provide great gas mileage.
    Last edited by 03EBZ06; 04-04-2005 at 03:33 PM.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

2001-2002 Vehicle Transmission EPA Fuel Economy City/Hwy, mpg
    Acura RSX Type-S 6-spd. Manual 24 city/ 31 highway
    Honda Prelude SH 5-spd. Manual 22 city/ 27 highway
    Mercury Cougar Zn 5-spd. Manual 20 city/ 29 highway
    Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5-spd. Manual 20 city/ 28 highway
    Toyota Celica GT-S 6-spd. Manual 23 city/ 32 highway
    VW GTI GLS 1.8T 5-spd. Manual 25 city/ 31 highway

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 6-spd. Manual 19 city/ 28 highway
    Ford Mustang Bullitt 5-spd. Manual 17 city/ 25 highway

Those other sport coupes are also 300-800 lbs lighter than the Z28. Wonder what gas mileage and performance it'd get in a comparable chassis...

In regular driving, I typically see 19-20 mpg, depending how much I get on it. I can make it drop into the mid teens by having fun all day, too. Upper 20's are an easy feat when cruising down the highway at 1500 rpm...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123