My WRX vs Audi TT

This is a discussion on My WRX vs Audi TT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey fellas! Last nite I got into a bit of a roll-on race with a really nice Audi TT. The ...

My WRX vs Audi TT

Hey fellas!

Last nite I got into a bit of a roll-on race with a really nice Audi TT. The car sounded really beasty but I could tell it was the 4-cylinder version. It was really loud and couldn't hear what the guy was telling me as I made the mistake of asking him what his mods were. So I take it he just had exhaust and BOV.

Anyway, I was just cruising back home from school, and then I saw him approaching to me pretty fast trying to catch up and did a bit of a flyby, then slowed down and downshifted (I saw lil fire!!! ), so I knew he wanted to play. I was a wee bit nervous (It's only my 4th race!...3-1), but I got right next to him and he gave me a . I reciprocated and gave him a lil "preview" as I gunned it then slowed down, waiting road to clear. Once the road was clear, I was in third gear and gave the famous "3-horns"...

The results were impressive. I didn't keep track of the speed but he was at least a car length behind me and I'm pretty sure it could have been more if we hadn't have to slow down. He gave me another , nodding like admitting defeat. I reciprocated and we went our ways. Cool guy if you ask me.

Honestly, I didn't think I was gonna win that night. The car was really loud and sounded like a beast so I thought he was going to 'rip me outta the hole'

Since I'm thinking he's only got exhaust and bov, there probably isn't much HP gain and he's prolly close to stock. I thought TTs were close to WRXs in trap speeds.

Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    cool. It's good to have a run with someone that's actually a decent person and doesn't do something stoopid after losing.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

i know of an audi tt around here with a turbo upgrade that i ran into on the freeway and i took it for granted stayed in 4th and got beat. That same night i found out that it was one of my friends friend and it had a turbo upgrade. Your right, they arent that quick stock but like any turbo car, full exhaust and a reflash can do alot even if he didnt have a bigger snail. Good kill
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    cool. It's good to have a run with someone that's actually a decent person and doesn't do something stoopid after losing.
    Exactly. Even though it's illegal and all , it's great to see there's some sense of sportsmanship.
    My site.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i know of an audi tt around here with a turbo upgrade that i ran into on the freeway and i took it for granted stayed in 4th and got beat. That same night i found out that it was one of my friends friend and it had a turbo upgrade. Your right, they arent that quick stock but like any turbo car, full exhaust and a reflash can do alot even if he didnt have a bigger snail. Good kill
    thanks buddy! Yeah, I have seen and heard other TTs that sounded just like this one that did evil things to other cars...
    My site.

Did it have a single or dual exhaust? Single is just the 180 hp 1.8t with a K03 turbo like my old gti. Dual is the 225 hp 1.8t with a K04 turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Did it have a single or dual exhaust? Single is just the 180 hp 1.8t with a K03 turbo like my old gti. Dual is the 225 hp 1.8t with a K04 turbo.
    I don't remember to tell you the truth. I wanna say 'dual' to make the victory sweeter...
    My site.