funny nissan titan...

This is a discussion on funny nissan titan... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from a suby meet in downtown st. paul and a full sized nissan titan ...

funny nissan titan...

I was on my way home from a suby meet in downtown st. paul and a full sized nissan titan 5.6 tried to play w/ me.

the first time we lined up at a stop light i didn't think anything of it and when the light turned he gunned it and took off on me, well by the end of first i had gained back the 2 cars he got on me initially and was even with him. i just assumed then he figured i was faster than him.

next stop light same thing, but i didn't launch but i was ready for it and pulled 3 or 4 cars from a 10 mph roll to the end of first and stop, he goes flying by me again.

last stop light, he launches and i don't even care any more and don't go at all.

when do people realize they are beat?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My coworker has one, and it's pretty nice. He and I lined up on the industrial strip near our work place, and had similar results: I let him hit it first, and even with bogging my launch, I pulled even by the top of first, and then just piled on the car lengths after that. It's very nice for a full size truck, and it does have some good oomph. I'd guess that it would be good for a high 14 to low 15 1/4 mile...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Yeah I can't wait till people start modding them and see what they can do.. Car and Driver tested out the top 5 pickups and the Titan won almost every part of it.. The only truck that was faster 0 to 60 and in the 1/4 mile was the Dodge Ram with the Hemi..

Titan is so going to be my next vehicle I buy. I need something to tow a rally car with

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

I almost wound up with a Titan instead of the WRX - was seriously considering it, but the wagon fit into our plans better. Likely if we replace my wife's RX-7, it'd be a Titan.

I see a young guy with one racing around everyone on my way to work. I keep hoping I will get next to him at a red light. But so far It hasn't happened.

A different new V8 Toyota Pickup raced me in my STi. I was really suprised when he tried to race around me in a twisty section of road. He finally backed off when he almost ran off the road.

I think some of these new V8 Toyota owners have the "Hemi Truck syndome."