funny nissan titan...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on funny nissan titan... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from a suby meet in downtown st. paul and a full sized nissan titan ...

funny nissan titan...

I was on my way home from a suby meet in downtown st. paul and a full sized nissan titan 5.6 tried to play w/ me.

the first time we lined up at a stop light i didn't think anything of it and when the light turned he gunned it and took off on me, well by the end of first i had gained back the 2 cars he got on me initially and was even with him. i just assumed then he figured i was faster than him.

next stop light same thing, but i didn't launch but i was ready for it and pulled 3 or 4 cars from a 10 mph roll to the end of first and stop, he goes flying by me again.

last stop light, he launches and i don't even care any more and don't go at all.

when do people realize they are beat?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My coworker has one, and it's pretty nice. He and I lined up on the industrial strip near our work place, and had similar results: I let him hit it first, and even with bogging my launch, I pulled even by the top of first, and then just piled on the car lengths after that. It's very nice for a full size truck, and it does have some good oomph. I'd guess that it would be good for a high 14 to low 15 1/4 mile...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Yeah I can't wait till people start modding them and see what they can do.. Car and Driver tested out the top 5 pickups and the Titan won almost every part of it.. The only truck that was faster 0 to 60 and in the 1/4 mile was the Dodge Ram with the Hemi..

Titan is so going to be my next vehicle I buy. I need something to tow a rally car with

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

I almost wound up with a Titan instead of the WRX - was seriously considering it, but the wagon fit into our plans better. Likely if we replace my wife's RX-7, it'd be a Titan.

I see a young guy with one racing around everyone on my way to work. I keep hoping I will get next to him at a red light. But so far It hasn't happened.

A different new V8 Toyota Pickup raced me in my STi. I was really suprised when he tried to race around me in a twisty section of road. He finally backed off when he almost ran off the road.

I think some of these new V8 Toyota owners have the "Hemi Truck syndome."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.