Vishnu stage 1 WRX vs stock 01 S4???

This is a discussion on Vishnu stage 1 WRX vs stock 01 S4??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Vishnu says that their stage 1 (tbe, up pipe and silicon y hose) will make about 310hp. I figure that ...

Vishnu stage 1 WRX vs stock 01 S4???

Vishnu says that their stage 1 (tbe, up pipe and silicon y hose) will make about 310hp. I figure that a stock 01 S4 wouldent be much of a problem right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by palmerx141
    Vishnu says that their stage 1 (tbe, up pipe and silicon y hose) will make about 310hp. I figure that a stock 01 S4 wouldent be much of a problem right?
    I ran a stock(?) bi-turbo S4 advant wagon with my 05 wrx from a roll. I have a short throw shifter and a lightweight pulley, The S4 had 1 extra passenger. From a 20-70 i was able to go from being behind him to passing him and squeaking in front of him. I could hear his bov when he shifted as i passed him, not sure if it was stock or not but it appeared stock.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

A stock S4 only has 250 bhp and has similar acceleration numbers to that of a WRX. Obviously the 2 extra cylinders will benefit it at highway speeds. But a WRX with a few mods certainly has the potential to pull away from one of these. Give the S4 a chip and exhaust though and watch out

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    A stock S4 only has 250 bhp and has similar acceleration numbers to that of a WRX. Obviously the 2 extra cylinders will benefit it at highway speeds. But a WRX with a few mods certainly has the potential to pull away from one of these. Give the S4 a chip and exhaust though and watch out
    Yeah the V6Turbo is 250hp.. Now the new S4 with the V8 is a monster..

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Yeah the V6Turbo is 250hp.. Now the new S4 with the V8 is a monster..
    Its also a pig. It doesnt accecerate any faster than the older bi turbo S4. And because its not forced induction its not as easily modded. The new S4 is more of a luxury sports sedan where the older smaller S4 was more more performance orientated. That said its still a beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman

What kind of numbers/times do the s4 bi turbos chipped with the exhaust have? If you know.
    My wifes cardiology group has a doctor who owns one who just did these mods, im curious if my Stage2 could give him a run or still beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by forsaken
    What kind of numbers/times do the s4 bi turbos chipped with the exhaust have? If you know.
    My wifes cardiology group has a doctor who owns one who just did these mods, im curious if my Stage2 could give him a run or still beat him.
    I dont know about full potential but they should easily get to low 13s if not better. APR claims 318 bhp and 382 btq from just their chip. Add a turboback to that and you can see why its possible. I am new to the WRX scene but Cobb seems to be the biggest and most widely used tuning company. APR is very comprable to that in the VW/Audi world if you have never heard of them:

www.goapr.com

from what i have read, a 2001 S4 weighs about 6 or 700 lbs more than a WRX right?

Quote Originally Posted by palmerx141
    from what i have read, a 2001 S4 weighs about 6 or 700 lbs more than a WRX right?
    Yep somehow that little car weighs in at over 3,700 lbs!

what kinda drivetrain losses do S4s see? It looks as if ill be making almost as much hp to the wheels as they make to the crank. That and the 700 lb diff make it look like i wouldent have any trouble.