WRX vs. Integra Type-R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Integra Type-R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I drive an ITR with cold air intake, headers, exhaust, and a chipped ecu. My husband drives an 05' WRX ...

WRX vs. Integra Type-R

I drive an ITR with cold air intake, headers, exhaust, and a chipped ecu. My husband drives an 05' WRX with turbo back exhaust, and up-pipe that we just recently installed. When the rex was stock my Type-R wore the pants in our family, so naturally when we put the first mod on the rex, it was GAME ON! We picked a deserted stretch of road and lined up. We started from a roll at about 35mph. We were both expecting the rex to take it by about a car and 1/2. The rex got a jump on me, and as soon as i hit vtec my front bumper was at his front door. He missed fourth and i started to pull him. When he got it in gear, we ended up back with my bumper at his door again. Second run, he jumped a car or so on me and again stayed that way to about 120. We both decided that we need another run We were both surprised at how well the ITR held up against the rex, but what is even more surprising is the difference the turbo back made. I know it will net u about 30hp, but it is interesting to really feel the difference. WOW! We are gonna do another run once i get the leak fixed thats coming from my vtec solonoid, and my adjustable cam gears, and fuel rail. The war has officially commensed! We both just keep modifying our cars so we can get our bragging rights
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go from a dig

i want a wife who drives a modded ITR

to quote paris hilton, "that's hot."
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

in order for your ITR to keep pace with the future mods his wrx is probably gonna get, i think you might need some force induction. as you know already, you can only do so much to an all motor car.
    " I'm a bad man"

t
    You need some new hamsters.

Damn, my wife will race me in her mazda 3 but that is no fun....I have tried in vain to 'give' her my REX and in return I would get an STi but its been a no go so far.

Wow, a wife who has a Type-R, races her husband AND likes mods!

off-topic but...Type-RGirl's avatar is the hotness. OMGHi2U!!

Nice runs.. I'm shocked the rex held up so well at 100+mph.. I would have thought the Type-R would pull it in by 120..

And as for the All Motor being limited.. Tell that to some of the Nopi All Motor guys. I haven't watch in a while but if I remember right the All Motor class was running fast 1/4 miles then the Two Power Adder class..

Quote Originally Posted by prspect06
    off-topic but...Type-RGirl's avatar is the hotness. OMGHi2U!!
    I agree
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

id be pissed if my wifes avatar was her sitting in underwear like that.. cuz all you dudes are horrible lol he posts here too. IM sure id enjoy the compliments but damn.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I agree
    + eleventy billion.

Daddy like
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    id be pissed if my wifes avatar was her sitting in underwear like that.. cuz all you dudes are horrible lol he posts here too. IM sure id enjoy the compliments but damn.
    I wouldn't be pissed. Just look at all the guys that think he is a lucky bastard. If i had a wife that looked like that i would be proud of that picture.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

The type R motor isn't the best choice if you want forced induction.

I say keep it NA.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

As far as my wife being hot. Thanks. She is quiet the looker. Just keep the comments PG ok. Anyway, I like the fact that she looks good and I don't mind hearing the complaments. She is fun to be around cuz she is into the stuff I enjoy Cars, racing and modding them. It is awesome to have someone like that.

The race we where in was awesome. I was impressed againg by the ITR. It always amazes me when I see how well it performs against other cars. Whether it be on the track or on the street. It has to be the best N/A car built to date... IMO

Anyway she is gonna love the input you guys have givin. I believe we are going with a set of cam gears, cams, and Hondata fairly soon. I hope we will be able to dyno both cars to see how they perform. Like any car though Tuning is key.

Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

Quote Originally Posted by scubee
    As far as my wife being hot. Thanks. She is quiet the looker. Just keep the comments PG ok. Anyway, I like the fact that she looks good and I don't mind hearing the complaments. She is fun to be around cuz she is into the stuff I enjoy Cars, racing and modding them. It is awesome to have someone like that.

The race we where in was awesome. I was impressed againg by the ITR. It always amazes me when I see how well it performs against other cars. Whether it be on the track or on the street. It has to be the best N/A car built to date... IMO

Anyway she is gonna love the input you guys have givin. I believe we are going with a set of cam gears, cams, and Hondata fairly soon. I hope we will be able to dyno both cars to see how they perform. Like any car though Tuning is key.

I see you used to own a MR-2 Turbo, my gf has 2 91 mr2 turbos, they are neat little cars, how did you like your mr-2 turbo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.