WRX vs. Integra Type-R - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Integra Type-R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scubee Sorry for not getting so technical. I have only know the JDM ITR to have atleast ...

Quote Originally Posted by scubee
    Sorry for not getting so technical. I have only know the JDM ITR to have atleast 200 if not more from the factory. 11:1:1CR you are right.

Just thought you would find this interesting.

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/produc...11e16c95144a4f
    no worries, just didnt want a rice boy to see that a have to have a jdm engine y0, because it has 20 more hp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdfrk
    The type R motor isn't the best choice if you want forced induction.

I say keep it NA.

10-4, very high compression!

Quote Originally Posted by silverTEG
    you car redlines at 9100rpm, and you have a CAI?

what header are you running? 4-1? what size collector?

with the other mods you have and are planning(cams and gears), you should have a 3" short ram, a 4-1 header with a 2.5" collector and 2.5" exhaust. then the cams should be tuned for high rpm performance, right where this engine and tranny gearing wants to be in the 6500 rpm to 8200 rpm range, but most of the big aftermarket cams have their powerband location above 7000 rpms, so to get the most out of the cam and to get the entire width of the powerband from the cams, you have to raise the redline. (which you have done).

what im saying is ditch the cai and get a short ram and make this thing a beast up top that it wants to be, its not made to be a "mid-range" engine. with some dyno tuning (afr and cam timing) and the parts i mentioned this thing would be a thrill to drive in the high rpms.
    Actually, I do have short ram. Im so used to writting cold air. I used to have cai, but i dont have the fender well lining, and just having a by pass valve made me nervous when it was wet out. Iv also got 2.5 in. test pipe, exhaustand jdm dc sport 4-1 header w/ 2.5in. collector
    Last edited by Type-RGirl; 03-31-2005 at 11:53 AM.
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

all that typing......for nothing

but ya .....some cams and high rpm tuning then

all that typing......for nothing

but ya .....some cams and high rpm tuning then
    of course, Top end is where the R is meant to shine

you car redlines at 9100rpm, and you have a CAI?

what header are you running? 4-1? what size collector?

with the other mods you have and are planning(cams and gears), you should have a 3" short ram, a 4-1 header with a 2.5" collector and 2.5" exhaust. then the cams should be tuned for high rpm performance, right where this engine and tranny gearing wants to be in the 6500 rpm to 8200 rpm range, but most of the big aftermarket cams have their powerband location above 7000 rpms, so to get the most out of the cam and to get the entire width of the powerband from the cams, you have to raise the redline. (which you have done).

what im saying is ditch the cai and get a short ram and make this thing a beast up top that it wants to be, its not made to be a "mid-range" engine. with some dyno tuning (afr and cam timing) and the parts i mentioned this thing would be a thrill to drive in the high rpms.
    We have made sure to do mods that the R will love. Really all it needs it the tune, and cams and cam gears. Then it will be great.
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

Quote Originally Posted by Type-RGirl
    of course, Top end is where the R is meant to shine

well there's still something to be said for a shiny bottom end
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

J-H
    Pics

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    well there's still something to be said for a shiny bottom end

True, Power off the line is damn fun too.
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Pics

Thanks
    Other car's I had:

Quote Originally Posted by creditcards
    ooh, be nice.
    Yeah, sorry I got a little nasty. I really cant stand people who feel it is worth wasting anyones time posting ignorant comments. If he doesnt like it, move on to something else and keep the comments to himself.

Again, sorry to the innocent people who had to read that

uh...what was this thread about again? I forgot
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    uh...what was this thread about again? I forgot

RIGHT Yeah, I love how threads go off topic so quick.
    Other car's I had:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.