WRX vs. Integra Type-R - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Integra Type-R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 I see you used to own a MR-2 Turbo, my gf has 2 91 mr2 turbos, ...

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I see you used to own a MR-2 Turbo, my gf has 2 91 mr2 turbos, they are neat little cars, how did you like your mr-2 turbo.

It was fun stock. I loved how it took to modifications. I put like 6k into the mods. Man was that thing a beast for how small of a car it was. Damn sexy too. I always got complaments on it. I called it the SS camaro killer.... On top end I would kill them even off the line. Closet thing to an awd car. As far as launching goes because it would launch with suprisingly great amounts of grip.

Are GF's modded or not?
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400
    Still in the Family: 05' STI (Wife's Car), 92' SC400.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Nice runs.. I'm shocked the rex held up so well at 100+mph.. I would have thought the Type-R would pull it in by 120..

And as for the All Motor being limited.. Tell that to some of the Nopi All Motor guys. I haven't watch in a while but if I remember right the All Motor class was running fast 1/4 miles then the Two Power Adder class..
    I was pretty shocked also. I thought the ITR would lose on mid range, and take it on top end, but that didn't happen at all. I guess next time I should race him to 140 until his fuel shuts off That would guarantee me a win. lol.....just kidding

I agree about the possibilities of all motor. Not that it wont be expensive, but it is well worth it. I dont really want to do forced induction on an ITR motor.
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr
    Go from a dig
    I think we all know what would have happened from a dig

for the poor front wheel drive ITR.

I watched the rex get pretty good jump on our friends Z06. I dont really need to try it to know whats gonna happen

I used to have an ITR. unfortunately (well not THAT unfortunately) Honda sets those things up pretty well from the factory. There's only so much more you can do, and most of that involves taking out the cat, and that sort of thing. Still, for its time it was a pretty awesome car...205 HP from an i-4 is nothing to sneeze at. However, the high compression makes it a poor candidate for forced induction (not that I haven't seen it done). Have you considered an S2000 motor swap or does that cost more than its worth?

hmmm...I'm considering using a picture of my new and improved girlfriend as an avatar too, but but I really like my dead parot avatar
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

nice runs

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I used to have an ITR. unfortunately (well not THAT unfortunately) Honda sets those things up pretty well from the factory. There's only so much more you can do, and most of that involves taking out the cat, and that sort of thing. Still, for its time it was a pretty awesome car...205 HP from an i-4 is nothing to sneeze at. However, the high compression makes it a poor candidate for forced induction (not that I haven't seen it done). Have you considered an S2000 motor swap or does that cost more than its worth?

hmmm...I'm considering using a picture of my new and improved girlfriend as an avatar too, but but I really like my dead parot avatar
    Im already catless. I dont think it would be worth it to do an S2000 motor. After all, the ITR motor is hand built. if anything a b20 block from a CRV would be cool, but its expensive because you have to have the settup done perfect and the engine fully built or it wont run properly. Even the original motor with cams,cam gears and itb's plus all your basic bolt ons and a chip will get u a N/A monster that can outhandle most cars with its stock suspention.
    Last edited by Type-RGirl; 03-30-2005 at 01:02 PM.

There is no way to swap an S2000 motor into an ITR. S2000 are rear drive not FWD. Stock USDM ITR's are 195hp and the JDM ITR is 220hp. I have contemplated doing an DC5 ITR swap to get the 2.0liter and 220hp w/better torque levels. Also, iVtec as well. For the cost of all of this it would be better to just build a high compression B18C5 or even an B20/Vtec. That is my thoughts on the ITR. I think though just going the less expensive route we will probably stick with Cams, camgears, Hondata and maybe ITB's. Just to squeeze the ITR engine for alittle more mmmfffff without building it.

Just thought I would ramble on about this...
    Other car's I had:
    93' Camaro Z28, 95' Eclipse GS, 92' Integra GS, 91' MR2 Turbo, 00' Civic SI, 89' CRX SI, 97' Accord EX V6 (Totalled), 97' Wrangler 4x4, 91' Talon TSI AWD (Blown motor), 96' 240sx KA-Turbo, 96' 300ZX TT, 05' WRX, 05' STI (Totalled), 05' STI, and 92' SC400

Quote Originally Posted by scubee
    There is no way to swap an S2000 motor into an ITR. S2000 are rear drive not FWD. Stock USDM ITR's are 195hp and the JDM ITR is 220hp. I have contemplated doing an DC5 ITR swap to get the 2.0liter and 220hp w/better torque levels. Also, iVtec as well. For the cost of all of this it would be better to just build a high compression B18C5 or even an B20/Vtec. That is my thoughts on the ITR. I think though just going the less expensive route we will probably stick with Cams, camgears, Hondata and maybe ITB's. Just to squeeze the ITR engine for alittle more mmmfffff without building it.

hmph and all that time I had the ITR I thought I had 205 HP...guess those Type-R badges really DO work

and feel free to call me a retard because I totally didn't think about the S2000 being RWD..DOH!
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

great runs!

i'm impressed! a chic who knows what she's talking about-- about cars! + races her partner too! that's cool! props to you.

It was fun stock. I loved how it took to modifications. I put like 6k into the mods. Man was that thing a beast for how small of a car it was. Damn sexy too. I always got complaments on it. I called it the SS camaro killer.... On top end I would kill them even off the line. Closet thing to an awd car. As far as launching goes because it would launch with suprisingly great amounts of grip.

Are GF's modded or not?
    Her red one has an hks exhaust, K&N intake, and bov, with some nice 17s with 235s in the rear and 215s in the front. Her black one has a full veilside kit, some 17s with 225s and a TRD exhaust. She never launched her car and one day while driving the red one she was like i want to try to launch it. She did a perfect launch that made me think twice about my superior wrx launching abilities. I was shocked
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Duh, I new there was a good reason S2000 motors didnt swap You will have to excuse me, iv been outside in the heat waxing my car for the last 2 hours.

Leave it to scubee to prove us wrong...... thanks cupcake

Its a honda, didnt u know all the parts are interchangable? its like puting Legos together. Hell if u are ambitious enough, you can use a CRV to convert it to all wheel drive
    Last edited by Type-RGirl; 03-30-2005 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Her red one has an hks exhaust, K&N intake, and bov, with some nice 17s with 235s in the rear and 215s in the front. Her black one has a full veilside kit, some 17s with 225s and a TRD exhaust. She never launched her car and one day while driving the red one she was like i want to try to launch it. She did a perfect launch that made me think twice about my superior wrx launching abilities. I was shocked
    Looks like she has great taste...

You know women will suprise you. I am impressed at how fast mine took to driving stick. She's only been doing it for like 2 yrs. I think. She is a quick learner.

Launching the MR-2 is kinda like the Rex.
    I had a Rebuilt CT-26, Apexi prototype intercooler kit, Greddy PE exhaust, Apexi intake, Apexi boost controller, Apexi BOV, bored exhaust manifold, Apexi DP, magnacore 8mm wires, NGK plugs, reflashed ECU, and TRD short shifter. I think thats about it. Oh yeah, 17" Chrome wheels ( they look like Cobra R wheels). and TRD springs.
    Great cars I wish I would have kept it. It was immaculate.
    Other car's I had:

hmph and all that time I had the ITR I thought I had 205 HP...guess those Type-R badges really DO work

and feel free to call me a retard because I totally didn't think about the S2000 being RWD..DOH!
    dont feel bad, we all have our moments.

Arent we lucky we have scubee around to make us look silly

Quote Originally Posted by Type-RGirl
    dont feel bad, we all have our moments.

Arent we lucky we have scubee around to make us look silly

You know you like it.......
    Other car's I had:

You know you like it.......
    u just keep on tellin yourself that, and see where it gets you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast