Could I take a Ram SRT-10?

This is a discussion on Could I take a Ram SRT-10? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way to work today I'm just going along and I notice this guy kind of following close and ...

Could I take a Ram SRT-10?

On my way to work today I'm just going along and I notice this guy kind of following close and moving over like he's going to pass so I step on it through 3rd..I guess this caught his interest. At the next light i'm in the right lane, he's in the left 1 car back and I casually accelerate then step on it a little through 1st to give him room to get out in front. The guy does a ricer flyby on me.. I see dodge on the truck, and realize it's an SRT-10. He just kept weaving traffic (which I dont do..) and wouldn't line up.so I didn't get to race him. How fast are these usually and would I be able to take it with these mods? I don't know if he thought I wasn't worth his time or what...

'98 Impreza RS
    EJ205 swap
    Ecutek TD04 13T @ 16 psi, 93 oct
    K&N panel filter
    Vishnu IC hoses
    B&B TBE
    gutted uppipe
    STi RA gearsets w 4.11 fd

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think you'd be able to take him. They weigh a ton (well actually quite a bit more than a ton.... heh) and have huge 22" wheels. Sure, they have 500hp (over-rated, IMO) but they run like mid 13's.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr
    On my way to work today I'm just going along and I notice this guy kind of following close and moving over like he's going to pass so I step on it through 3rd..I guess this caught his interest. At the next light i'm in the right lane, he's in the left 1 car back and I casually accelerate then step on it a little through 1st to give him room to get out in front. The guy does a ricer flyby on me.. I see dodge on the truck, and realize it's an SRT-10. He just kept weaving traffic (which I dont do..) and wouldn't line up.so I didn't get to race him. How fast are these usually and would I be able to take it with these mods? I don't know if he thought I wasn't worth his time or what...

'98 Impreza RS
    EJ205 swap
    Ecutek TD04 13T @ 16 psi, 93 oct
    K&N panel filter
    Vishnu IC hoses
    B&B TBE
    gutted uppipe
    STi RA gearsets w 4.11 fd

its a mid-high 13sec car, so I think it would be a pretty good run, but from a dig I would give the edge to you.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well if I come across him again I"ll race, no way of knowing unless I go for it.

there are many srt-10's around the area that are running 12.9-13.0's BONE stock. don't underestimate them.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Dodge has some imitation SRT-10 out that has the big old hood scoop, rear spoiler deck and a Hemi. I have a had 2 yahoos try to do ricer flyby's on me driving those.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavadini
    there are many srt-10's around the area that are running 12.9-13.0's BONE stock. don't underestimate them.
    Yep Yep.. And there aren't too many people out there buying an SRT-10 and not modding them..

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN
    Dodge has some imitation SRT-10 out that has the big old hood scoop, rear spoiler deck and a Hemi. I have a had 2 yahoos try to do ricer flyby's on me driving those.
    It's not an SRT-10 if it has a Hemi just a badass Dodge Ram. The SRT-10(Cylinders) has a Viper motor in.

126.xxx WOOOWW!!!! It sounded so nice too!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Yeah I got 2 of those sitting on my front lawn rusting..

when you show a 1/4 mile run you show the whole thing... he was losing to that old blue pickup in that run. i dont doubt that a TT SRT-10 makes 800 hp and runs 10s but yeah, just an observation.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com